No announcement yet.

The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow!!! That was just brilliant! Best ep yet - can't wait until next week! Love the clerics, love River, love Amy. Amazing stuff.
    sigpic

Comment

"It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on."

Loved it. Sort of spoils things slightly, but it's still funny that one of the most iconic and recognisable sounds in British culture is down to the fact that the Doctor is a bad driver with poor memory.

Also, after early misgivings, I now officially love the new TARDIS interior and the new theme tune.

When River's trying to tell where the Doctor is in her timestream, or vice versa, what does she say? To my knackered ears it sounds like "Have we done the Bone Meadows?", but since I'm losing my hearing I don't know what it actually was.

"You're letting people call you sir. You never do that."

I wonder if that will play a bigger role as the series rolls on.

"Are you Mr. Grumpy Face today?" made me laugh. Love the fact that Amy doesn't have a problem challenging or making fun of the nine hundred year old Time Lord. Best part is, he agrees with her.

The single biggest problem I can find is the same problem with any Who story penned by Steven Moffat - they are so damn quotable that recounting brilliant lines puts me in danger of transcribing the entire episode. For example, where else would you hear "Verger, how are we doing with those explosives?"
      Last edited by Sealurk; 24 April 2010, 11:30 AM.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Okay, Angels, my biggest fear of Doctor Who and now we have a whole blinkin' army of the things! Good bye decent sleep!

An absolutely brilliant episode though, can't wait for next week. And what's happening to Amy now she's looked into the Angel's eyes? Now I need a Tardis so I can fast forward t next week!
        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          "It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on."

Loved it. Sort of spoils things slightly, but it's still funny that one of the most iconic and recognisable sounds in British culture is down to the fact that the Doctor is a bad driver with poor memory.
          All TARDISes make the "VWORP VWORP" sound though so all I can assume is that the Doctor is surprised that he didn't hear it from inside the TARDIS but it wasn't until the 1996 TV movie that the "VWORP VWORP" sound was heard inside the TARDIS during flight, materialisation, and dematerialisation all the time. From that point that's how it's been...until now it seems.

Speaking of internal TARDIS sounds...can't help but notice that some of the sounds in the new console room are straight from the 1977 - 1989 era TARDIS console room interiors. Very nice touch.
          Last edited by Alan; 24 April 2010, 12:05 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I bloody loved this episode. A brilliant return to form after Victory Of The Daleks, which is a shame since Mark Gatiss wrote some great episodes before last weeks massive fail of an episode.

I didn't realise that 'The Time Of Angels' was going to be a 2 parter. The first part seemed to go by way too quickly and at the cliffhanger at the end, I was actually going 'WTF end?'. I wasn't watching the progress bar on iPlayer so I thought it might have skipped a huge part of the story.

Good thing that we'll get some more indepth explaination of the cracks next week. I was getting annoyed with all the speculation.

Poor Bob. He reminded me so much of Ross from 'The Sontaran Stratagem'.

I wonder how early it is before 'this' River Song meets the 10th Doctor, only to die during the events of 'Forest Of The Dead'. I'd really like to know how River was able to breathe in space before the TARDIS shows up though. Not like her to break the laws of physics.
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
              I bloody loved this episode. A brilliant return to form after Victory Of The Daleks, which is a shame since Mark Gatiss wrote some great episodes before last weeks massive fail of an episode.

I didn't realise that 'The Time Of Angels' was going to be a 2 parter. The first part seemed to go by way too quickly and at the cliffhanger at the end, I was actually going 'WTF end?'. I wasn't watching the progress bar on iPlayer so I thought it might have skipped a huge part of the story.

Good thing that we'll get some more indepth explaination of the cracks next week. I was getting annoyed with all the speculation.

Poor Bob. He reminded me so much of Ross from 'The Sontaran Stratagem'.

I wonder how early it is before 'this' River Song meets the 10th Doctor, only to die during the events of 'Forest Of The Dead'. I'd really like to know how River was able to breathe in space before the TARDIS shows up though. Not like her to break the laws of physics.
              She asked for an oxygen corridor when she was giving the coordinates on the screen before she opened the airlock.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

snip

I'd really like to know how River was able to breathe in space before the TARDIS shows up though. Not like her to break the laws of physics.
                She asked the Doctor for an air corridor when she was telling him the coordinates. Also, a human should be able to survive a few seconds exposure to space without any major damage, and possibly up to a minute (still conscious) is survivable, but with complications. Just remember to breathe out, not in...
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

One thing I would like to know, is who's the "expert" who taught River to fly the Tardis, if the Doctor was busy that day?
                  If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    She asked the Doctor for an air corridor when she was telling him the coordinates.
                    Must have missed that bit on my first viewing. My bad.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

very good episode especially after how boring the one before was.
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                        One thing I would like to know, is who's the "expert" who taught River to fly the Tardis, if the Doctor was busy that day?
                        umm... i'm guessing that this goddess did
                        Spoiler:

...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I'd really like to know how River was able to breathe in space before the TARDIS shows up though. Not like her to break the laws of physics.
                          To Quote the great Douglas Adams
                          The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says that if you hold a lungfull of air you can survive in the total vacuum of space for about thirty seconds. However, it does go on to say that what with space being the mind-boggling size it is the chances of getting picked up by another ship within those thirty seconds are two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand, seven hundred and nine to one against.

Comment

"These words could burn stars and raise up empires and topple Gods." ..
                            "What does this say?"
                            "......Hello, Sweetie!"

'Nuff said.

Comment

she was only in space a few seconds, surely she just held her breath

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                                Captain Jack Harkness maybe? He helped the Doctor fix the TARDIS and fly her in Boom Town and Bad Wolf respectfully. Maybe he rejoins and taught River?

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                                Or Jenny. Yeah. She could have rejoined the Doctor at some point and he could have taught her and Jenny could have taught River in turn.
                                Last edited by Alan; 24 April 2010, 01:22 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X