No announcement yet.

The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ people who are talking about river holding her breath - better stop looking for 'scientific details that make no sense' in dr.who, you won't like what you will find
    dr.who more fiction than science, at least comparing to most other sci-fi shows... i'm not saying fiction is bad, but passing 'pure fiction' as 'pure science' doesn't look good (ok it has to be done very carefully), and it appears that dr.who makers know it and don't make big deal of it, so should we, the fans...
    Last edited by NIMBUS; 24 April 2010, 01:12 PM.
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

BTW I've complained to the BBC. (no not about River holding her breath ) I don't know about the rest of you, but I was seriously annoyed by that stupid banner advertising Graham Bloody Norton right at a critical moment.

So I've complained. Here.

*sniff*

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        BTW I've complained to the BBC. (no not about River holding her breath ) I don't know about the rest of you, but I was seriously annoyed by that stupid banner advertising Graham Bloody Norton right at a critical moment.

*sniff*
        Sorry to hear that your viewing was interrupted. Where did this happen? I don't remember seeing anything interrupting during our North Wales viewing.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
          she was only in space a few seconds, surely she just held her breath
          I know this is being uber-nerdy, but that is absolutely the worst thing to do...there's a reason they call it explosive decompression (this goes for the air in your lungs too). But you're right - a trained person can get up to twelve seconds of useful consciousness upon sudden exposure to space.

*sniff*
          Glad I wasn't the only one who found that garish cartoon advert thing intensely annoying. I'll check out that link in a bit and give them a piece of my mind (if I can spare any).
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

That was bloody brilliant! I loved everything about it (River! Angels!) and the whole thing with the angel recording was scary. I love the clerics and I am surprised but happy that this ia two parter =) I was so disappointed last week but this was good stuff.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

1. River seemed a bit different in this ep.

2. Was dead cert Amy was going to turn into an Angel at some point - but the minds games are just as effective.

3. Cool trick with the voices.

4. Soldier priests - fine, as the Doctor said, it's the 51st century.

5. Don't like the idea of the Doctor being taken though.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Sorry to hear that your viewing was interrupted. Where did this happen? I don't remember seeing anything interrupting during our North Wales viewing.
                Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Glad I wasn't the only one who found that garish cartoon advert thing intensely annoying. I'll check out that link in a bit and give them a piece of my mind (if I can spare any).
                It was on BBC1 Alan. I asked some friends, & they said it wasn't on BBC HD, so if you watched it that way, you won't have seen it. It was right on the bit where the Doctor was talking about no-one putting him in a cage just before he fired the gun. Stupid bloody banner advertising Over the Rainbow all over the Doctor's face. Grrrrrrrrr.

Sealurk - I hope you do complain. They may do it again next week

Anyway, sorry about the rant.

Comment

*sniff*
                  Yeah that was so annoying!
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

It was on BBC1 Alan. I asked some friends, & they said it wasn't on BBC HD, so if you watched it that way, you won't have seen it. It was right on the bit where the Doctor was talking about no-one putting him in a cage just before he fired the gun. Stupid bloody banner advertising Over the Rainbow all over the Doctor's face. Grrrrrrrrr.

Sealurk - I hope you do complain. They may do it again next week

Anyway, sorry about the rant.
                    I was watching through BBC 1 and the part you say that you all experienced the "Terror of the Nortons" was clear. Nothing showed here in North Wales. Maybe it was a regional mistake?

I hope that all of you that did suffer through that complain. The BBC are notorious for making mistakes like this. I had a cousin that worked with the BBC in the sound engineering dept and he said the amount of times he'd see someone accidentally lean on a switch or button was beyond ridiculous. The more of you that complain...the more the BBC will do to make sure that mistakes like that won't happen again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Moff about River Song

Spoiler:
                      "The truth could be a much, much darker outcome.."

Comment

The BBC are now aware of my disapproval!

I liked how the episode has the Church fighting angels. Nice turnaround.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                          Moff about River Song

Spoiler:
                          "The truth could be a much, much darker outcome.."
                          I caught that in Doctor Who Confidential too. Steven's got a habit of giving us these little hints. There's definitely more to the Doctor and River's relationship. I don't think it's quite as simple as a typical husband/wife thing. If it were simple then the Doctor wouldn't be the man he is.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomlyGenerated View Post
                            My only complaint with this otherwise excellent episode is the soldiers with weapons and uniforms that don't seem to have changed over the millennia.
                            Well, if it works, why change it?

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                              Well, if it works, why change it?
                              Who knows? No insult intended to the religious,but they tend to be a bit dated in their attire
                              If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

I wonder how early it is before 'this' River Song meets the 10th Doctor, only to die during the events of 'Forest Of The Dead'. I'd really like to know how River was able to breathe in space before the TARDIS shows up though. Not like her to break the laws of physics.
                                She asked for an air corridor.

Comment

Working...
                                X