No announcement yet.

The Stolen Earth (3012/412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but I reckon its just a name which has no bearing on the key's purpose, like ASTRID = TARDIS.

Unless you were just correcting my spelling?
    Last edited by Dinoflo; 02 July 2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
      AGENT HORSE
      OMG! A crossover with Mr Ed??!! And he's a TIME AGENT!! It all makes sense now...

Comment

That was a fantastic episode, but I can't help feeling we're going to see a big ol' reset of some description.

Anyway, the two aspects that have kept rolling around inside my skull are the Osterhagen Key and Dalek Caan's prophecy. Here are my thoughts, for what they're worth:
        1. After Last of the Time Lords, UNIT appropriated the Archangel Network. Martha informed them of what it did, and so they kept it in reserve, as a last resort weapon. I think the Key activates its, but uses its power to use the minds of the entire human race as a massive psychic weapon...with consequences (like eradicating all memory of the important events, like Grand Theft Planet, Dalek invasion etc, a nice convenient reset...again).
        2. UNIT has much experience of the Doctor and his Tardis - the Key has some effect on the Tardis, maybe even a self-destruct (I'd imagine a Tardis destroying itself would be a helluva bang.
        3. Osterhagen is an anagram of Earths Gone, as has been mentioned. What if its not a suicidal doomsday device that annihilates the planet, but a one-shot, untested planetwide teleport / hyperspace shunt / transmat / temporal shift? I.e. Earths gone...from its last position.
        Number 2 really fits with the other thing that got me, Caan's prophecy about everlasting death for the most faithful companion. I reckon its the Tardis, which sacrifices itself (and Donna?) to confine the Daleks forever in a time-loop. Of course, the Doctor will somehow acquire a new Tardis if that happens.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Number 2 really fits with the other thing that got me, Caan's prophecy about everlasting death for the most faithful companion. I reckon its the Tardis, which sacrifices itself (and Donna?) to confine the Daleks forever in a time-loop. Of course, the Doctor will somehow acquire a new Tardis if that happens.
          Gah! Bite your tongue! While I can see that the TARDIS could be seen as the most faithful companion, for that very reason the idea of the Doctor getting a new one is as outrageous as continuing the series with some other Time Lord travelling in the original TARDIS.

Not saying they won't do it, just that I will have to punch some fool if it happens.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
            It's also an anagram of
            HEARTS GONE
            A THREE SONG
            ENRAGE SHOT
            RANEE GHOST (maybe they can't spell Rani properly?)
            ERASE THONG (God I hope so)
            AGE HORNETS (getting the bees back to fight the Daleks)
            GATHERS ONE
            AGENT HORSE
            A GREEN SHOT

Think about it.
            Also it's NASTY GEEK HERO, if you add Key to Osterhagen

Comment

If it's okay for me to throw my crazy theory in, I just want to say that I've read all the pages and if I say something that has already been stated or shot down, etc... please forgive me. So here we go:

Spoiler:
              If you notice that when someone is shot by a Dalek, their whole body lights up. My theory is that the doctor is maybe gonna do a partial regeneration (even though he's doing the YMCA fireworks display) because when he got shot, only his arm/shoulder lit up.

Sounds stupid I know, but this is just my theory among the many on here. Please don't hate me!

Comment

I know, I know, but she's old, she's got to go some time, and what an ending that would be, annihilating the Daleks! And he'd get a new one...maybe the one Jack's growing back at the Hub (allegedly).

Besides, I'd bet its the kind of thing RTD would do, especially since he's leaving the show:

"Ha! Lets see Steve Moffat write Who without a Tardis! And while I'm at it, I'll make a very popular Doctor regenerate...but then pull some ridiculous contrived stunt that hits the cosmic reset button, just like the last season finale!"

Anyway...can I stop biting my tongue now? It's beginning to bleed and these salt and vinegar crisps are suddenly feeling like a bad idea...
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

osterhagen key must have a hidden adgenda otherwise they would of called it danger key or something

they said the key is to save the human race yet the way ppl go on about it in that episode suggest something bad will come out of it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                    If it's okay for me to throw my crazy theory in, I just want to say that I've read all the pages and if I say something that has already been stated or shot down, etc... please forgive me. So here we go:

Spoiler:
                    If you notice that when someone is shot by a Dalek, their whole body lights up. My theory is that the doctor is maybe gonna do a partial regeneration (even though he's doing the YMCA fireworks display) because when he got shot, only his arm/shoulder lit up.

Sounds stupid I know, but this is just my theory among the many on here. Please don't hate me!
                    You mean how he
                    Spoiler:

regenerated only his hand? I can see that happening, given it was as far as I know an RTD invention for the character. I can't remember any other Doctors having that ability or any other Time Lord... then again there is a lot of stuff in Who you can so easily miss. Also that hand does seem to be important or they wouldn't have it sitting there taking up space for no apparent reason.

I don't mind the idea of a participial regeneration if we get to keep the 10th Doctor. Although he did seem to be glowing out of all his body not just one side.

Are we really only half way through this bloody week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      You mean how he
                      Spoiler:

regenerated only his hand? I can see that happening, given it was as far as I know an RTD invention for the character. I can't remember any other Doctors having that ability or any other Time Lord... then again there is a lot of stuff in Who you can so easily miss.
                      I don't think any other Doctor had an appendage chopped off before, though, either...

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        I thought about it... and I don't like it. As in really don't like it. As in "describing the Tardis as the Doctor's most faithful companion actually makes loads and loads of sense."
                        But I don't think they would do it cos that would affectively get the Doctor stuck in one time and place... the Tardis has to go on. And it's the last Tardis in the universe, they only grow on Gallifrey. So it can't be the Tardis.
                        Can't.
                        Just can't.
                        Nonononono.

*puts Tardis' death in the same denial list as the regeneration that did not exist at the end of The Stolen Earth*
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If a TARDIS is a living thing, and it is a Time Lord creation, and a TARDIS has a strong, symbiotic bond with its Time Lord...can a TARDIS regenerate?

*backs away slowly to observe fireworks and avoid being punched in the face if the TARDIS does indeed die...*
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought the Osterhagen Key was a last resort if humanity was in mortal peril and the Doctor wasn't around? Bit silly to invent a self-destruct button for a TARDIS that won't be there.

Jack seemed very adamant that the Key not be used. Of course, he said the same about the teleport harness thingy (Indigo), but the Key, I think, is several levels up the OMGDONTDOIT ladder. Is it a MAD-type weapon meant to wipe out whoever's wiping us out, or is it more of a Genesis thing and meant to reboot humanity?

Comment

ANyone else think the Shadow Proclamation is going to take over the role the Time Lords had in the old series? Like as an occasional ally/adversary for the Doctor. The scene when he runs away after being told he is going to lead the army was a lot like when the 5th Doctor ran after being named President of Gallifrey in the Five Doctors.

Comment

Let's not forget "The Shadow Proclamation" can be rearranged to say "Doctor Who has a time plan".
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X