Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
    Spoiler:
    which is made possible by the merging of the realities as a result of the Crucible's pan-dimensional effects.
    Huh? If this is from 3013, please use spoiler tags. Some of us haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
      Huh? If this is from 3013, please use spoiler tags. Some of us haven't seen it yet.
      I don't think so. Rose mentions the threat to all the universes and the thinning of the walls in Turn Left.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Rose mentioned the dimensional cannon measuring timelines and stuff. Now as far as I can tell she can't travel in time, but it's a good thing to remember that her universe is running at a different pace to our own - Rise of the Cybermen/ The Age of Steel was jsut several months before Army of Ghosts/ Doomsday for Rose adn the Doctor, but it was 3 years for Mickey and Pete. If they can switch from one dimension to another perhaps they can play with that time difference, too. So not exactly time travel - she can't travel to her own future and she can't travel to somewhere that is in our universe's future - otherwise she would have travelled to the future and realised what Davros is doing - but she can sort of travel to the past.
        Maybe.
        I personally tend to solve these things by a shrug and muttering "Doctor Who logic". I said it before, but tight plottings and well thought of techno babble is not the reason I watch DW

Anyway, I don't think she was using the Tardis from the beetle reality - first, it looked like that whole thing was fried and dead, and then dead some more in order to send Donna back in time, and second, she would have actually used it - what she used looked like the inter-dimensional teleport from Doomsday, not anything they did with Donna. And another thing - the parallel universe was very much like our own... but it has no Doctor. Same in the old series, if I'm not mistaken - both in Inferno and in season 18 where the Doctor travels to parallel universes, he never meets himself. I've always assumed Time Lords are so much outside of time and space that they don't have parallels, they exist only in one dimension. So the beetle reality really does stop existing, because unlike other universes, it's simply not an option - you can't have two different realities with the Doctor in them.

And alstly the timeshift, the way I understood it it's not that everything happens in the Medusa Cascade before or after it does in the universe, it's just that it's completely seperated by a sort of time barrier from the rest of the universe, it's no longer a part of the known universe.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          And alstly the timeshift, the way I understood it it's not that everything happens in the Medusa Cascade before or after it does in the universe, it's just that it's completely seperated by a sort of time barrier from the rest of the universe, it's no longer a part of the known universe.
          This is what I believe. It's a temporal displacement; so long as you're in synch with the rest of the universe, the captured planets are a few seconds ahead of you. When you get to when they were - by time machine or by waiting - they've gone another few seconds further ahead. You need to have a time machine and to know that the displacement is there if you want to cross the divide.

Comment

I alway assumed the TARDIS had temporal sensors that would be able to detect things like that. If the Daleks are such aces [ahem] at destroying TARDISes, then why can't a TARDIS be ace at detecting Dalek time tricks?
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
              I don't think so. Rose mentions the threat to all the universes and the thinning of the walls in Turn Left.
              I think some of it was, actually.
              Spoiler:
              Jackie and Mickey haven't shown up yet.
              Unless I'm forgetting something big from a previous ep. Or if Skiffy snipped out something big from Stolen Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                I think some of it was, actually.
                Spoiler:
                Jackie and Mickey haven't shown up yet.
                Unless I'm forgetting something big from a previous ep. Or if Skiffy snipped out something big from Stolen Earth.
                Point. Edited. Sorry.

Comment

I forgot to ask...
                  Anyone else see that bed of nails at the Shadow Proclamation hq?
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The Medusa Cascade hid Earth and the other planets. They were exactly 1 second ahead of the rest of the universe and that's why no one could see them till the Doctor found them in the TARDIS.......

Hey what happens if a Dalek shoots Captain Jack? Shouldn't he come back to life? Woudln't that just piss them off?

Did anyone notice the voice of the red dalek was just like the voice of the Emperor?

Other things I noticed. I can't get over the fact Elisabeth Sladen is 60. She looks niiiicccceeeee....... I read that on the net, about her age. I can't get over it....

Like the free computer UNIT gave her, cheesy. Dr. Who is all about cheese..

My gripe is that again we have the bloody Daleks.. I'm honestly over them.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i don't like that the doctor regenerates because that will mean that we gate another doctor and i think it will be Donna who will die. because in last episode her in the parallel world said that she will die there but live in the doctors world would live and rose said shes sorry witch implies she will die if not in the next episode sometime after
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                        i don't like that the doctor regenerates because that will mean that we gate another doctor and i think it will be Donna who will die. because in last episode her in the parallel world said that she will die there but live in the doctors world would live and rose said shes sorry witch implies she will die if not in the next episode sometime after

Actually they do something unforgivable to Donna IMHO...
                        Spoiler:
                        The doctor wipes her memory of her time in the TARDIS
                        and she just becomes Donna ordinary human...... I mean she was at the start of the series but doing what they did was in my opinion unforgivable.

I still hate them for it.

Comment

don't worry it may not have been shown here yet but i cheat anyway so u don't have to hide it. i also don't think it is right but if its the only way to save her then it is acceptable. i also think that it would of been hard for the doctor to do since it is hard for him when any of his companions leave that he knows she would live a happy normal life without him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                            don't worry it may not have been shown here yet but i cheat anyway so u don't have to hide it. i also don't think it is right but if its the only way to save her then it is acceptable. i also think that it would of been hard for the doctor to do since it is hard for him when any of his companions leave that he knows she would live a happy normal life without him.

See that's what I don't get. Everyone says "it's the only way" what does that meaan? Living on Earth with memories of travelling in time and space. What's the harm? Unless her time away has altered her in such a way that wiping her mind saves her life. I DON'T THINK SO....... I don't think they gave enough of a good reason for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              See that's what I don't get. Everyone says "it's the only way" what does that meaan? Living on Earth with memories of travelling in time and space. What's the harm? Unless her time away has altered her in such a way that wiping her mind saves her life. I DON'T THINK SO....... I don't think they gave enough of a good reason for doing it.
                              If this helps any:

Spoiler:
                              The reason the Doctor wiped her mind was because of the Time-Lord knowledge that she gained when the biological metacrisis occurred. That much info in a brain that wasn't prepared for it was litterally overloading her mind and would've eventually killed her. Almost like when Rose absorbed the Time Vortex in "The Parting of the Ways." The strain would've killed her had the Doctor not fixed her.

Anyway, hope that helps clear any confusion

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Like the free computer UNIT gave her, cheesy. Dr. Who is all about cheese..
                                Mr. Smith didn't come from UNIT.

Spoiler:
                                In "The Sarah Jane Adventures, the season/series" (which ever term you use) 1 finale, Sarah Jane explains Mr. Smith's origins after he goes "rouge" (even though he's been playing her from the start by manipulating her in minor events). She says (if I'm remembering correctly b/c it's been awhile since I've see it) that an archeaologist (sp?) friend of hers found an unusual crystal while on a dig and sent it to her as a gift. Sarah Jane discovered that it was actually part of an alien lifeform/computer. Turns out Mr. Smith is called a Zylog, an alien "with a purpose."

Comment

Working...
                                X