Midnight (3010/410)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
    Well, you've done better than me, Alipeeps.... I have no clue why Tom just copied my post word for word.

Well, you've done better than me, Alipeeps.... I have no clue why Tom just copied my post word for word.

Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Holy crap, I'm such a moron... I hate you, Tom.

And I was just about to acuse you of spamming... technically... you're on topic.
      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

See? I said it took me a while to get it...

P.S. If I were you, I'd be worried about why he's picked YOU!!
        sigpic

Comment

I expect simultaneous posting soon.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

When he starts posting before you is when you really wanna worry!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

It could be a compliment, Myn might be the cleverest voice in the room

As for the actual post, I didn't think the creature was telepathic... I thought it could be a clever little trick of the alien - you take a bunch of frightened humans who start fighting because they're frightened and go on telling them it's a voice in their heads, they're so panicky they'll believe you. I don't think telepathy is enough in order to repeat it anyway, because it'll still take a friction of a second longer, I'd imagine. Especially if the entity ahs to work out the speech centre of the person it's posessing.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I thought this episode was interesting, showed the flaws in humans and how the unknown, while fasinating to some, it downright frightening to others. I didn't like how easily they decided to kill Sky, but thats a bunch of scared humans for you, kill what you don't understand and figure it out later. At no time did it ever seem like they were in danger, it was just annoying them by copying them.

Did it ever get explained how the creature got inside the truck? The dent was massive, and was described as a "shimmering shadow". I assumed it was some sort of energy based life form and was hitting the hull with the diamonds, which caused one of the wires to be exposed on the exterior and it then used that to get in.

I thought the creature was telepathic, that or Sky was somewhat telepathic and the creature just amplified that (maybe thats why it picked her?). Either way, I thought it was bizarre that it overtook the Doctor so easily. I thought he was supposed to be telepathic (somewhat) as well and i thought he would be able to stop any attacks on his mind. So he is either not as mentally strong (defensive) or the creature (or Sky) had vastly greater abilities than the Doctor, which is why he appeared to actually be scared of it.

Comment

Seeing as how they never explained what the creature was or how it did things, maybe it was out of time somehow. Just slightly ahead so it knew what they were going to say. I know, a bizarre theory.

I have the confidentials, just haven't watched yet. I was more interested in finishing up the season. Anyway, I look forward to watching, looks interesting. Thanks.
                  Shelly
                  My Photos
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

As for the actual post, I didn't think the creature was telepathic... I thought it could be a clever little trick of the alien - you take a bunch of frightened humans who start fighting because they're frightened and go on telling them it's a voice in their heads, they're so panicky they'll believe you. I don't think telepathy is enough in order to repeat it anyway, because it'll still take a friction of a second longer, I'd imagine. Especially if the entity ahs to work out the speech centre of the person it's posessing.
                    I don't see how anything other than telepathy could explain the entity's abilities. It was able to control the Doctor. The Doctor!!! Telekinesis might also explain the damage it did to the vehicle. I was thinking it was a telepathic/telekinetic energy being trapped in the diamond of the planet and freed by the earthquake in that region.
                    Last edited by nx01a; 14 July 2008, 01:22 PM.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It took me much longer....

Oh I can assure you, it has nothing to do with my "cleverness" or leadership abilities...

When he starts posting before you is when you really wanna worry!
                      Oh no!

Originally posted by Pitry View Post

I dunno, I just thought it may be a kind of telepathy, if not in the same sense we generally think of it. I meant it more like... the thing is getting in your head, not really telepathically, but somehow sapping the part of your brain that controls speech. And I wasn't exactly thinking that it would have to work out the speech center of one's brain, more like it molds itself onto and into it... well..... telepathically.

Oh well, it was just an idea. Or maybe RDAfan is right and the creature uses some mild form of time travel.... *shrugs*

About me being the cleverest voice in the room... don't bet on it. LOL

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        I don't see how anything other than telepathy could explain the entity's abilities. Telekinesis might also explain the damage it did to the vehicle. I was thinking it was a telepathic/telekinetic energy being trapped in the diamond of the planet and freed by the earthquake in that region.
                        Ah, someone agrees with me. And I suppose the telekenisis makes sense too... although, like the telepathy, I'd guess that it's a slightly different level of it than how we generally view it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          I don't see how anything other than telepathy could explain the entity's abilities. It was able to control the Doctor. The Doctor!!! Telekinesis might also explain the damage it did to the vehicle. I was thinking it was a telepathic/telekinetic energy being trapped in the diamond of the planet and freed by the earthquake in that region.
                          Oh, you edited your post... And that's a good point you added! I mean, this is the Doctor we're talking about... and he was completely helpless. We do know that he has some (if minor) telepathic abilities. So, if the creature wasn't at all telepathic, you'd think the Doctor should have been able to keep control of his own mind... right?

sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't completely disagere - I agree there was definitely some sort of mental connection. I probably just have a bit too fixed an opinion of what telepathy is in order to fit it in with it... after all, having an idea is not the same as shaping it with words. And it was definitely more than just reading their minds, the creature was controlling their body as well.

As for taking over the Doctor - well it did, but not completely. The Doctor was still fighting all the way... which would strengthen the idea of some sort of mental control. Just not the regular concept of telepathy, I guess.

I could be just nitpicking of course. After all, it's Myn with the cleverst voice in the room!
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Or at least, that's what Tom (who's been taken over by the alien!! ) thinks... I think Tom's mind has confused the creature...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                                Or at least, that's what Tom (who's been taken over by the alien!! ) thinks... I think Tom's mind has confused the creature...
                                Maybe he's more powerul than the Doctor and can actualyl control the creature!
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X