Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Maybe it was a Wednesday and half closing so not many people were there

Are there any shops that still close Half Day on a Wednesday?
    no, they normally stay open later on a thursday to make up for it though

(wahay, this is my 1969th on topic post, making it my official post of the summer of love )
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
      what gets me is 4,200 people in the biggest libary in the universe, its a whole planet

shouldnt there be millions of people on it or atleast 100,000 or more
      It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon at the time, and Desperate House Oods was on TV.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Jeesh, don't think so. I remember when every shop used to - my dad had a shop back in the day and closed on Wednesday afternoons. *nostalgic sigh*
        Even when it wasn't the done thing to close on a wednesday after noon the local Ironmonger did, just to prove a point

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
          I think the Doctor's name is Ned. Ned the Timelord.
          Well maybe that's the real reason the Doctor doesn't tell his name, because it's horrible and embarrassing.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Well maybe that's the real reason the Doctor doesn't tell his name, because it's horrible and embarrassing.
            Maybe his real name is Angus?
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              Maybe his real name is Angus?
              Angus is an awesome name, especially if your last name is MacGyver! I was thinking more along the lines of Cletus, or Maynard, or Smeghead.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Angus is an awesome name, especially if your last name is MacGyver! I was thinking more along the lines of Cletus, or Maynard, or Smeghead.
                Why would anyone name their child Smeghead?

Comment

Was any one else reminded of the timelord matrix?

There was an awful lot of similarity's between the libary data core and that particular piece of collective timelord knowledge.

As for his name he said "only one time I could (tell anyone)". There are two things that people can only do once in their life, be born, and die (physical condition before regeneration not counted). Since she never seen him any younger; and I doubt he would write his name on a tomb for the universe to see; she must have been with him at the end of his last regeneration.

In conclusion his name is Earl.

Comment

*pats* that was the joke, love.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Specter View Post
                      Was any one else reminded of the timelord matrix?

There was an awful lot of similarity's between the libary data core and that particular piece of collective timelord knowledge.

As for his name he said "only one time I could (tell anyone)". There are two things that people can only do once in their life, be born, and die (physical condition before regeneration not counted). Since she never seen him any younger; and I doubt he would write his name on a tomb for the universe to see; she must have been with him at the end of his last regeneration.

In conclusion his name is Earl.
                      That depends on how you interpret "only one time" - does that mean, as you suggest, an occasion that happens only once in a lifetime (e.g. birth and death) or does it mean only one specific occasion/set of circumstances in one's life (but not necessarily one that can never be repeated) (e.g. marriage, birth of a child, criminal trial etc etc)?
                      sigpic

Comment

The Good:
                        >Donna and the Doctor both lose love, though the love can potentially return. The guy with the stutter doesn't deserve Donna. If it were Donna on that teleport pad, she would have jumped off, run up and grabbed him. It was horrible to think that Donna would have to live with those memories, knowing they're not 'real'. Then again, it's just like Martha and her family and their memories of the year of hell with the Master. I was afraid something like this would happen to Donna. None of these companions come out unscathed like most of the old ones.
                        >The 'cut to scene X' elements of the virtual world. Just like cutting between scenes on tv. The little girl / CAL watching tense moments on tv, being scared by elements that viewing kids were probably scared by. Moffat did a great commentary on the art of making and watching tv in this one. It distanced us a bit from the danger, watching someone else watch it on tv.
                        >Ms Evangelista! Brilliant! IQ shifted a decimal place.
                        >River Song, or, as I shall refer to her to fit the Doctor, the Professor. A smart woman who realizes the dumb martyr complex the Doctor has and takes steps to help/save him and everyone else. It was so sweet that the future Doctor helped save her. Perhaps they were married or life partners or whatever, but they definitely were close and I look forward to seeing the Doctor meet her. I wonder how different she will be from the woman we've seen, with her Doctor-like calm and sensibility.
                        >The Vashta Nerada coming from the books! If that's the case, then Dame Agatha's a mass murderer, what with being the universe's best selling author and all.
                        >The Doctor making like Superman, flying around against time to save the woman he 'will' love. That was impressive.
                        >"It's a doctor moon." "Doctor Moon?"
                        >The little girl being the computer. Figured. Teleport vs flesh banks, eh. Still saved.
                        >The little girl 'turning off' her dad.
                        >Just like the human/Hath complex was an Ancient spire, The Library is Asuras!
                        >Everybody lives! I was miffed when this happened in the gas mask mommy episodes, but it feels right here.
                        >The Doctor's name. This is the second(?) time that's been mentioned this season. The last time, it was said to be 'written across the Medusa Cascade'? I smell another season finale plot thread, along with the missing planets and the bees. I assumed he just had to form a true emotional connection with and implicitly trust someone to reveal his true name to them.
                        >A little over 4,000 people is kinda sparse for an entire planet of knowledge.
                        >Big business wasn't portrayed as evil! Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but... This time, big business was just portrayed as stupid. Naming the business family Lux and having an evil enemy of darkness seemed a bit blatant that they were intentionally connected, but apparently not. Moffat threw me off with that one.
                        >SNAP! Hey, if Rose can annihilate entire Dalek fleets with the power of the Tardis, then the Doctor can open the door by snapping. The Tardis doors work on a snapper. I wonder what would happen if he clapped?

The Bad:
                        >Why wasn't the Doctor raving about the Professor using a gun? He raves every time someone else pulls one.
                        >The materialized library users... Why weren't they bewildered? Weren't they under the same virtual illusion as Donna? Or did Ms. Evangelista appear to each of them?
                        >NOT reading the book! The Doctor knows how much death and destruction follows him around, look in it! See who doesn't have to die needlessly for you to save the universe.

The Verdict:

I greatly enjoyed this episode, even more than the first part.
                        Definitely more of the same!
                        Last edited by nx01a; 12 June 2008, 03:42 PM.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          >Why wasn't the Doctor raving about the Professor using a gun? He raves every time someone else pulls one.
                          I don't think he minds about the squareness gun, he didn't complain when Jack used it and it wasn't actually used to attack living things, just makes holes in things.

Comment

The squareness gun makes holes in walls, not people. The Doctor has no issues with people committing random acts of violence against architecture. Well, maybe if it was pretty architecture, but a boring old wall? Pfft!

Comment

I was wondering why the Professor didn't use the gun against the Vashta Nerada. They're physical beings, I figure they could get squared.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Good episdoe all round
                                Still a bit confused as to who the Professor actually was but we may learn in the distant future
                                As i said good episode and keeping up the good work of the season

Comment

Working...
                                X