No announcement yet.

The Poison Sky (3005/405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did notice some errors when they were preparing thew nuclear launches, the uk and france dont have land based nuclear missiles, and i cant see north korea allowing an outside organisation any control over its nuclear weapons, if it even has any of note

Comment

Did they specifically state that the UK and France's missiles were going to be land launched?

I think the point of the scene was that any country, when UNIT called, was ready to fend off the alien whorde and phantasmagoria for the greater good, even if they hadn't signed the NPT or were going completely against it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        I'm sure they said in TLotT that Gallifreyan's had to go through some kind of ritual to become Timelords, I'm sure also in one of the books it was said that not every Gallifreyan is a Timelord. Don't quote me on this, it's just what I heard
        On this topic, in The Deadly Assassin, a bunch of Gallifreyan guards get killed, and none of them regenerate. It'd be odd if they all just happened to be on their final regenerations...

Comment

I'm pretty sure (though not so sure as to how canon it is) that it's been stated somewhere that not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords (I have the impression they are like an elite sect within Gallifreyan society). And regarding how Time Lords are born, I know it was referenced somewhere that they are woven on looms (but I believe, from the context, it's not clear whether the Doctor was being serious/telling the truth there).

So there you go. That's about as clear as mud, isn't it?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
            On this topic, in The Deadly Assassin, a bunch of Gallifreyan guards get killed, and none of them regenerate. It'd be odd if they all just happened to be on their final regenerations...
            And on that point, in The Five Doctor's The Valyard (I think) was killed and he didn't regenerate either and he was on the Council, was he in his last regeneration or did he just not bother because of the accusations against him

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              And on that point, in The Five Doctor's The Valyard (I think) was killed and he didn't regenerate either and he was on the Council, was he in his last regeneration or did he just not bother because of the accusations against him
              That was the Castellan. I think the general assumption (well, certainly mine) is that stasers is special.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

In Leela's last episode she affiliates herself with "shebogans" who are Gallifreyans who are decidedly not Time Lords. They do not regenerate.

The Doctor also mentioned being a graduate of the "Prydonian Academy"-- there are also PAxtrexian and Arcalian Academies too. (He wears a specific color of robes to reflect this fact.)

I had an idea for a fan fic where we meet the parents of a Time Lord... my theory was that each parent had to "give up" a regeneration during the act of creating the baby... to give it the two hearts.

A Time Lord also has something called The Rassilon Imprimature (See "The Two Doctors") which helps them control their TArdises (without it they would die in the time vortex... ala Chessene)
                "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                  That was the Castellan. I think the general assumption (well, certainly mine) is that stasers is special.
                  Yes you're right now I think of it, it was The Castellan. Are the Valyard and the Castellan honoury title's like Lord Privy Councellor?

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    Did they specifically state that the UK and France's missiles were going to be land launched?

I think the point of the scene was that any country, when UNIT called, was ready to fend off the alien whorde and phantasmagoria for the greater good, even if they hadn't signed the NPT or were going completely against it.
                    well when they said uk and france all the dots were in land

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      Yes you're right now I think of it, it was The Castellan. Are the Valyard and the Castellan honoury title's like Lord Privy Councellor?
                      The Valyard was meant to be an evil version of the Doctor created between his 12th and 13th regeneration's. Don't know about the Castellan

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                      well when they said uk and france all the dots were in land
                      Likely the bases supplying targeting data, as others either here or at DWF have suggested
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

The Castellan is the head of the Chancellery Guard; effectively the Gallifreyan head of security. Although actual names such as Chancellor Flavia and Lord President Barusa emerge further in, initially the High Council are known only by title of office. Like the renegades (the Doctor, the Master, the Monk, the Rani, the War Lord) they are definite articles (the Castellan, the Chancellor, the President).
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                          The Castellan is the head of the Chancellery Guard; effectively the Gallifreyan head of security. Although actual names such as Chancellor Flavia and Lord President Barusa emerge further in, initially the High Council are known only by title of office. Like the renegades (the Doctor, the Master, the Monk, the Rani, the War Lord) they are definite articles (the Castellan, the Chancellor, the President).
                          Right

Comment

Originally posted by docballen View Post
                            A Time Lord also has something called The Rassilon Imprimature (See "The Two Doctors") which helps them control their TArdises (without it they would die in the time vortex... ala Chessene)
                            This fact sort of bugs me.... If one has to have the Rassilon Imprimature in order to "not die" in the time vortex, then how the heck are all the companions able to survive without it? Has that ever been explained?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
                              This fact sort of bugs me.... If one has to have the Rassilon Imprimature in order to "not die" in the time vortex, then how the heck are all the companions able to survive without it? Has that ever been explained?
                              Dr 6 said something along the lines of "I just primed it" which means he fixed the time capsule for one trip... and the imprimature would wear out or expire after one short trip... which is what the Sontaran sent Peri on.

It has something to do with the Doctor permanently being a part of his TARDIS... I think... I can't find my copy of "The TWo Doctors" so I'm stuck going by memory... sigh...

(I think it means that there is a permanent bond between a Time Lord and his/her TARDIS that extends its protection to passengers too.)
                              "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Maybe his daughter was born to a human woman, not necessarily Rose.

*waves hand in the air Jedi style...* the 90's movie did NOT happen. Doctor is 100% Gallifreyan!
                                Spoiler:
                                Maybe they have children the same way we do, but only special ones get to look into the vortex. and those that do, no matter where they are in their class status on Gallifrey become Timelords. Or, upon looking into the vortex, their reaction gives them their status. The wrong reaction, and you are not a Timelord. So since Gallifrey isn't supposed to be around anymore, she can't and so she won't be a Timelord.

Spoiler:
                                I think she might be Romana's daughter too. That would Rock. I just don't want her to be a clone.
                                Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                                Spoiler:
                                "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                                "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                                "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                                "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                                "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Working...
                                X