No announcement yet.

The Poison Sky (3005/405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I post my reaction post about "The Poison Sky" I have to rant about the preview for next weeks episode. You've got to be ****ing kidding me- We have a bloody Marry Sue on our hands! That is so not funny. Did we need that? No. Not at all. Some perky blond who looks like Veronica Mars and moves like Lara Croft and calls the doctor "dad" - THIS is a Whovians worst nightmare come true. I wonder who wrote that story. I just hope not Stephen Moffat or I will be disappointed with him. I somehow trust Russel T. Davis to come up with something that awful. Here already gave a bad werewolf story. I had so hoped that "The Doctor's Daughter" was something the fans had come up with =(

Now to the "The Poison Sky" that was actually better then last week episode. Thank goodness.

Grandpa I'll adopt you. You are the best!
    That nerdy boy goes on my nerves. Why does he want to kill the human race. Because he is bored? How lame
    Aaah Donna gets the key and doctor gets respect how nice =)
    Roooooooose screaming for the doctor!!!
    Oooh that conversation reminded me of the one the doctor and Mickey had in "Age of Steel" =)
    A Vulcan greeting :g:
    The Doctor: Are you my mommy? Ooooh a reference to "The Empty Child" LOVE THAT! Especially since I just watched "The Doctor Dances" on Pro 7 ^_^
    Martha and Martha
    Martha has an engagement ring? With whom is she engaged?
    The atmosphere on fire that looked pretty cool
    hehe a hug and a punch for the doctor
    Gramps I love you

The real winner in this episode was grandpa. He received most of my love in this episode =)
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
      Before I post my reaction post about "The Poison Sky" I have to rant about the preview for next weeks episode. You've got to be ****ing kidding me-
      Spoiler:
      We have a bloody Marry Sue on our hands! That is so not funny. Did we need that? No. Not at all. Some perky blond who looks like Veronica Mars and moves like Lara Croft and calls the doctor "dad" - THIS is a Whovians worst nightmare come true. I wonder who wrote that story. I just hope not Stephen Moffat or I will be disappointed with him. I somehow trust Russel T. Davis to come up with something that awful. Here already gave a bad werewolf story. I had so hoped that "The Doctor's Daughter" was something the fans had come up with =(
      I admit I wasn't thrilled by the idea when I heard about the title of the episode but the promo looked interesting and am hoping it turns out well. I know it's perhaps hard to think of the Doctor, as we know him,
      Spoiler:
      being a father but don't forget he certainly has been in the past as at one point (in the classic series) his grandaughter Susan was travelling with him. I think it's hard to judge whether the daughter (incidentally, played by the daughter of Peter Davidson - the 5th Doctor) is going to be a Mary Sue based solely on the clips from the promo. This might be your worst nightmare come true but it's perhaps a bit premature to claim that the same is true of all Whovians.
      Incidentally, the episode was written by Stephen Greenhorn who previously wrote last season's The Lazarus Experiment.

Originally posted by huntress View Post
      Martha has an engagement ring? With whom is she engaged?
      The ring was mentioned in last week's episode when Donna and Martha meet - Donna notices the ring and congraulates Martha and when the Doctor doesn't understand, points out that Martha is engaged. Martha explains her fiancé is Dr Tom Milligan (the young doctor she actually met during The Year That Never Was) and that he is away working in Africa at present.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        The ring was mentioned in last week's episode when Donna and Martha meet - Donna notices the ring and congraulates Martha and when the Doctor doesn't understand, points out that Martha is engaged. Martha explains her fiancé is Dr Tom Milligan (the young doctor she actually met during The Year That Never Was) and that he is away working in Africa at present.
        Oh I forgot that. I thought so but I wasn't sure.
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I dunno. In the preview,
          Spoiler:
          Donna asks the Doctor where his daughter came from and he kinda shrugs a little and says, "Well.." in a tone of voice that suggests, to me, a kind of "I'm not going to go into the mechanics of how babies are made..." prevarication.
          Spoiler:
          LOL, yeah, I got that impression too. "When a Time Lord and a Time Lady like each other..." Although, it does raise a different question. Do we know for sure that the Doctor's daughter - or for that matter, Susan - are Time Lords (Ladies?)? Considering that Susan is on 22nd century Earth, unless the Doctor gave her a lift home at some point then he knows he's not the only of his kind in existance, which might suggest they're not technically time lords/ladies.
          I would love it if it ends in a time loop and we see a little Susan running around in the next episode.

Oh, and an anecdotal amusement, half the discussion in this therad is about next week. They sure know how to raise a controversy!
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

i very much liked this episode, especially quotes like "are you my mummy?" and then when the genius holds a gun to the doctor the doctor just walks out and takes the gun and throws it saying "i swear if i see another gun..." very funny, reminds me of macgyver kinda XD

the special effects were very nice, especially the burning sky, and you could hear the doctor saying "please work" or something, i think he could have been scared that something like gallifrey could happen. that would be bad, but when the whole earth was fiery and such, it definitely made me think..."gallifrey?" heh

last, but not least, rose in that split screen, im hoping that the reason for them being all immediatly thrown through time in the tardis is rose, but it is more then likely the doctor's daughter (who looks pretty hot, may i add hehe)

Comment

I loved the episode. UNIT were frankly amazing. Utterly amazing, as was the mention of good ol' Brigader Lethbridge-Stewart, what a shame he didn't cameo... ALAS! I was desperate for Jenkins to rock up with Bessie....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                I loved the episode. UNIT were frankly amazing. Utterly amazing, as was the mention of good ol' Brigader Lethbridge-Stewart, what a shame he didn't cameo... ALAS! I was desperate for Jenkins to rock up with Bessie....
                I really liked Colonel Mace at the end of it. An Officer and a Gentleman that one.

"You shall face me sir!"
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  This series is looking like a really tepid one
                  I agree, Planet of the Ood and Sontaran Strategem were quite good and the other episodes had bits I really liked but so far nothing from series four has really jumped out at me. I find it particularly telling that most the discussion here is not about the episode that just aired but next weeks one.

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                  I reckon far future, because it didn't look like present day and that's the only other time the hand has been to. [/spoil]
                  Only time it has been to yet, it could well be that by the end of the next episode it is left somewhen where it can be conveniently picked up and used.

Comment

Speaking of the hand... after all this time, since Last of the Time Lords, it's still sitting under the console in the control room? He doesn't have anywhere else to put it?

That is one thing that I would dearly love to see in new Doctor Who - more of the inside of the TARDIS. In 3+ seasons, all we've ever seen is the control room and a brief glimpse of a wardrobe room. My memories of the classic series are admittedly vague but I seem to recall that on several occasions we saw other rooms within the TARDIS. I want to see more of the TARDIS, dammit!
                    sigpic

Comment

On the next ep and Time Lords.

Spoiler:
                      Just because she is The Doctor's daughter doesn't make her a Time Lord, she may well be his flesh and blood (although it is not clear to me how they reproduce) and just being from Gallifrey does not make you a Time Lord, also she is female so technically she would be a Time Lady if anything.

I don't remember Susan being a Time Lady she was "just" a girl, women. Apparently the 90s movie said something about half humans... but I ignore that.

I just don't think being born on Gallifrey or from a Time Lord makes one a Time Lord or Lady.

Comment

Speaking of the hand... after all this time, since Last of the Time Lords, it's still sitting under the console in the control room? He doesn't have anywhere else to put it?

That is one thing that I would dearly love to see in new Doctor Who - more of the inside of the TARDIS. In 3+ seasons, all we've ever seen is the control room and a brief glimpse of a wardrobe room. My memories of the classic series are admittedly vague but I seem to recall that on several occasions we saw other rooms within the TARDIS. I want to see more of the TARDIS, dammit!
                        I can't agree with you more! The thing is massive but the doctor seems to spend all his time in the control room. I would love to see more of the inside of the TARDIS. It has so many other rooms that could be written into an episode somehow.
                        sigpic

Comment

How about a good old-fashion "something gets loose in the TARDIS" plot where the Doctor and Donna have to hunt through the TARDIS to find whatever-it-is before it's too late?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            How about a good old-fashion "something gets loose in the TARDIS" plot where the Doctor and Donna have to hunt through the TARDIS to find whatever-it-is before it's too late?
                            Sounds good to me! Or there's something wrong with the TARDIS and it traps them inside and they've got to hunt down what the problem is and fix it.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know how right I am about that, but for me it always seemed as if the Timelords are the upper crust similiar to the patrician families in ancient Rome...at least in a way but unlike in Rome you are not born into the special cast but maybe born with it. Like a genetic abnormality that makes you a timelord. That would explain why Susan was not a Timelord (and no I don't think a woman is called a Timelady, Romana is always refered to as a Timelord not a Timelady) eventhough her grandfather is.

It would also be interesting to know how the folks on Gallifrey reproduce. After all they are not human, so it doesn't mean that they have to reproduce like humans or most mammals on our planet, since they are certainly not from around here.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

I'm sure they said in TLotT that Gallifreyan's had to go through some kind of ritual to become Timelords, I'm sure also in one of the books it was said that not every Gallifreyan is a Timelord. Don't quote me on this, it's just what I heard

Comment

Working...
                                X