• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Just wait for the ep where the bees become significant:

"don't get yourselves in a larva"

*weeps quietly whilst banging head against wall*

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    There's a bloody giant bee in the trailers! That's hardly a fish regardless of colour!
    Um. It's a wasp, not a bee. As in the episode is titled "The Unicorn and the Wasp".

Therefore unlikely to be connected the the bee thing. Also as that ep is set in the 1920s, it's again unlikely to have anything to do with current bee issues.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
      you know what the best part of the episode was for me. The next week part i loved last week Pompey episode this was just meh
      really? i thought it was much much better than pompeii. (don't get me wrong. i liked pompeii. hence the sig) i thought the fact that the boundaries between who was a good guy and who was a bad guy was blurred. doctor who is usually so clear cut.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        really? i thought it was much much better than pompeii. (don't get me wrong. i liked pompeii. hence the sig) i thought the fact that the boundaries between who was a good guy and who was a bad guy was blurred. doctor who is usually so clear cut.
        agreed, FoP was exciting, and looked cool, but this had a stronger plot and out of all the new aliens in new DW the ood are the best imho
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode, found it a bit odd the guy turning into an Ood...but hey! Details

Out of curiosity...when the bad mans ship flew over the Dr and Dona...did anyone else think

THUNDERBIRD 3!!!!!!! or just me and my mate?
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
            I really liked this episode, found it a bit odd the guy turning into an Ood...but hey! Details

Out of curiosity...when the bad mans ship flew over the Dr and Dona...did anyone else think

As did the fear factor kids on the BBC website

having already read that I thought the same as the idea had been planted in my mind.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post

No it wasn't just you, I was waiting for Donna to yell "Oh my Gawd it's Thunderbird 3"

Comment

An average episode after last week's explosive installment. I guess I appreciate learning more about the Ood, that they weren't just a passing species here in one episode and gone in another. The icing on the cake for me comes with continuity references, not so much the discussion of the Devil from Season 2, but also that the Doctor has been in this part of space before, to the Sensor-Sphere, which was seen way back in the first season of Who in 1964!! And the alien race seen then look remarkably alike to the Ood. Brilliant! How I know all this being born in the 80s I'll never know...

Next week it's back to Earth for some Sontaran action, and Martha makes a comeback. Should be fun.
                sigpic

Comment

I found this one ok, but not great. It was average.

Like most everyone, I enjoyed the backstory to the Ood, and I continue to enjoy the Donna/Doctor interactions.

I, however, could not suspend my disbelief enough to accept that the Ood had evolved to hold their brains. I agree with several other posts that it would be rather inconvienent at times. Additionally, the human who became an Ood didn't work much for me either.

Besides, we saw the Ood later on. They are a slave race then. Wasn't this episode supposed to be before Satan's Pit in the Ood timeline? If so, how did they lose their power? Or did the Doctor only free the Ood on this planet?
                  Last edited by MasySyma; 10 May 2008, 05:31 AM. Reason: because I type at night when I'm tired
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Well, you know us humans, if at first you don't succeed, enslave, enslave again.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                      I found this one ok, but not great. It was average.

Like most everyone, I enjoyed the backstory to the Ood, and I continue to enjoy the Donna/Doctor interactions.

I, however, could not suspend my disbelief enough to accept that the Ood had evolved to hold their brains. I agree with several other posts that it would be rather inconvienent at times. Additionally, the human who became an Ood didn't work much for me either.

Besides, we saw the Ood later on. They are a slave race then. Wasn't this episode suppoused to be before Satan's Pit in the Ood timeline? If so, how did they lose their power? Or did the Doctor only free the Ood on this planet?
                      I thought it was quite obvious that Planet of the Ood takes place after the events of TIP/TSP.
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        Gah. That's it. The "don't get yourselves in a lava" Doctor is a bad influence on you. Where once we could expect insightful wit, we now get cringeworthy puns. Go stand in the corner and contemplate just how you came to stoop so low.
                        I defy your claims of a pre-punning era.

Harry: Like finding a stone age man with a transistor radio.
                        Doctor: Playing rock music?
                        - Genesis of the Daleks

I liked this episode, but once more the message was a bit blunt; like being clobbered with a baseball bat while someone shouts: slavery is bad! Bad! Don't you understand! Bad! I just felt we could have got that without the guards having to be cartoonish sadists.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          I thought it was quite obvious that Planet of the Ood takes place after the events of TIP/TSP.
                          I had read otherwise on Outpost Gallifrey. That was why I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post

I liked this episode, but once more the message was a bit blunt; like being clobbered with a baseball bat while someone shouts: slavery is bad! Bad! Don't you understand! Bad! I just felt we could have got that without the guards having to be cartoonish sadists.
                            I agree that lesson was heavy-handed. It would have been better if we had seen other humans who didn't support the Ood slavery besides the one scientist. Otherwise, the human future doesn't look that great, and Donna's "take me home now" statement is very relevant. If society cannot progress, there is no point in examining the future to use it as a goal to move toward, which is why the Doctor always shows it off to the companions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                              I defy your claims of a pre-punning era.

Harry: Like finding a stone age man with a transistor radio.
                              Doctor: Playing rock music?
                              - Genesis of the Daleks
                              I was referring to Shadow's pre-punning era, not the show's!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                I was referring to Shadow's pre-punning era, not the show's!
                                This thread is turning into a pre-punny opera. Gotta say, though, me 'n the Doctor? Baby, we were born to pun.

Comment

Working...
                                X