X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    Yes apparently...

Spoiler:
    She gets her memory wiped or something along those lines... I didnt read anymore than that for fear of getting over spoiled
    Hmmm.... "apparently"...

Well, I don't want to be over-spoiled either so I'll ask no further but given that the plot of the season finale arc is being kept under sooooper-sekrit wraps (to the point of not even revealing the title of episode 12) at this point, I do have to wonder if this is anything more than the usual media speculation...?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      the usual media speculation...?
      Which has been very accurate in the past.

Comment

Another excellent episode. I'm happy....
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I thought it was a decent ep. Not OMGFANTASTIC, but not the worst ep I've ever seen. I liked the return to the Ood, although the whole "slavery is wrong" theme was a bit heavy-handed, IMO. I liked that the PR girl or whatever she was chose the bad guys instead of doing the right thing; it's always nice to meet peripheral folk who don't fall all over themselves to help the Doctor.

The stuff with the brains was a bit... meh. While the image of the Ood holding their brains in their hands is a good one (and gross) I can't say that it seems very practical from an evolutionary standpoint. I know, I know, I'm overthinking it, but seriously, what's the use of having two hands if all you can do with them is hold your brain? Bit inconvenient for hunting/gathering, never mind anything else. If they at least had another set for actual use that might have been nice.

Not sure about motherbrain, either. Seemed even more impractical than the "I can't use my hands because I have to hold my brain" thing. A big, unprotected brain just grew there under the ice? How often do internal organs grow without a containing body? *shrug* Dunno, the whole set-up seemed a bit ood odd to me.

Loved Donna, though. I'm liking her no-nonsense attitude interspersed with moments of pure squee. I think one of my favorite scenes was when the Doctor was rattling on about Donna Noble, exploring the universe, only to turn around and find out she'd gone back inside. LOL!

I'll be interested to see where the whole "I think your song must end soon" thing is going. If it is just that Rose is coming back so his "lament" will be over, I'll be thoroughly disgusted. "Song" doesn't necessarily equal "lament;" the Ood were only sad because they were enslaved. Now that they're free, I doubt they'll still be singing a mournful tune.

Part of me hopes that it does mean Tennant will be leaving soon. I love him to bits, but I'm not opposed to seeing someone new step into his trainers. Another part of me, however, suspects that this is exactly the sort of panicky thought we're meant to think and that the reality will be something completely different. If worlds are being "lost" then perhaps at some point the Doctor is going to be "lost," too, and will have to be rescued/brought back by whoever is around at the time. If the Doctor is gone then his song WOULD end... but that wouldn't necessarily last.

I laughed at the bees thing, thinking of all those people who dismissed it as nothing only to have it mentioned again. LOL! Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I laughed at the bees thing, thinking of all those people who dismissed it as nothing only to have it mentioned again. LOL! Oops.
            Ahhh but is it actually significant or just cunning RTD misdirection?
            sigpic

Comment

Ahhh but is it actually significant or just cunning RTD misdirection?
              I guess we'll just have to bee there to find out what all the buzz is about.

Comment

I guess we'll just have to bee there to find out what all the buzz is about.
                Gah. That's it. The "don't get yourselves in a lava" Doctor is a bad influence on you. Where once we could expect insightful wit, we now get cringeworthy puns. Go stand in the corner and contemplate just how you came to stoop so low.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a decent ep. Not OMGFANTASTIC, but not the worst ep I've ever seen. I liked the return to the Ood, although the whole "slavery is wrong" theme was a bit heavy-handed, IMO. I liked that the PR girl or whatever she was chose the bad guys instead of doing the right thing; it's always nice to meet peripheral folk who don't fall all over themselves to help the Doctor.
                  Hmm.. While I agree some of it was a bit too much shoving it down our throats (cough, slaves walking in line and one's falling and is being theratened by a whip? *raises eeybrow), I thought some of it was actually quite well done - like the little dig at modern day sweatshops.
                  As for the girl - huh, once again, the opposite. IT made it a bit simplistic - the bad guys are compeltely bad and all deserve to die. I thought had she just run away - not help the Doctor but not stand in their way either, it woudl have been a bit better. One of the best (and few) things in Vopyage of the Damned was the businessman in the end, who lived without redeeming himself. Not all the badguys have to die.

Gah. That's it. The "don't get yourselves in a lava" Doctor is a bad influence on you. Where once we could expect insightful wit, we now get cringeworthy puns. Go stand in the corner and contemplate just how you came to stoop so low.
                  *small* I was kidna entertained.....
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Honey, your problem is that you hive no sense of humor.

*flies off before she gets swatted*

Comment

Honey, your problem is that you hive no sense of humor.

*flies off before she gets swatted*
                      PLease! No! No more! I... can't... take... any... moooooooorre!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

you know what the best part of the episode was for me. The next week part i loved last week Pompey episode this was just meh
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

Gah. That's it. The "don't get yourselves in a lava" Doctor is a bad influence on you.
                          Just wait for the ep where the bees become significant:

"don't get yourselves in a larva"

Madeleine

Comment

lol

I'm still convinced the bees thing is a red herring.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              lol

I'm still convinced the bees thing is a red herring.
                              There's a bloody giant bee in the trailers! That's hardly a fish regardless of colour!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i really liked this episode. catherine tate was so wonderful in it, she showed such heart.
                                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*
                                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X