Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
    A small request:

If anyone can get a quality screencap of The Master giving the thumbs up to the dying stereotypical British politician then I will forever be your best friend. Mine keep coming up blurry. And too small.
    Might be some on the BBC website.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Yeah, I tried there. They've got some good pics of Saxon during a speach but none of him giving the thumbs up or him in front of parliament. Unfortunately though, I don't think Mark Thompson would want my friendship.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
        If anyone can get a quality screencap of The Master giving the thumbs up to the dying stereotypical British politician then I will forever be your best friend. Mine keep coming up blurry. And too small.
        Not being familiar with the whole gif vs. jpeg thing, I did one gif and three jpegs:

Spoiler:
        All gone, bye bye

Tagged for clutter. The last one even manages to catch the wink.

Make sure to load it/them onto your own comp, though, because I'm only leaving those up for a day.
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 25 June 2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

Now, if someone can get me some screen caps of Chief Tyrol or other Battlestar Galactica characters in BDUs...
          Last edited by BruTak; 24 June 2007, 06:34 AM.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Not being familiar with the whole gif vs. jpeg thing, I did one gif and three jpegs:

Spoiler:

Tagged for clutter. The last one even manages to catch the wink.

Make sure to load it/them onto your own comp, though, because I'm only leaving those up for a day.
            AMAZING. You're now officially my new best friend!

Thank you!
            Last edited by Anubis69; 24 June 2007, 06:40 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta View Post
              Why would Jack refer to Rose in that context, since it's been quite clear that Rose and the Doctor DID reciprocate each other's emotions and were quite well aware of how the other felt.

It seemed very clear to me that Jack was referring, with some understated irony, to himself. One of the things I particularly liked about this episode was how easily Jack and Martha seemed to have bonded together - they have developed an understanding very quickly and already got to the point of being able to communicate very well on a non-verbal level, such as the point where Martha prompts Jack with just a gesture of her eyes towards the Doctor to ask him about The Master. At this point Martha already knows that Jack can get away with asking the Doctor more than she can (and I SO wanted to punch the Doctor on the nose when he said 'and that's all you need to know' to her earlier) and it's she who is driving that question being asked.

As for the Doctor, the one negative note in this episode for me was the aged makeup at the end because frankly, it was so UGLY. And all that flailing about during the ageing process - it was so - seventies. Yuk. That whole sequence just ruined the last five minutes for me.
              but not whenjack was traveling with them. it was the 10th doctor that reciprocated. i think the 9th doctor felt the same but ignored it cos he didn't think rose would feel the same or something...................anyway.............how did a shippy question take presedence over my much more interesting questions?
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ok, this is a monor thing, but it bugs me all the same.

The bomb on the back of Martha's TV.

Dynamite?

This is the 21st century for Heaven's sakes, who actually uses dynamite these days?

Wouldn't a slab of C-4 plastic explosive been more appropriate?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Ok, this is a monor thing, but it bugs me all the same.

The bomb on the back of Martha's TV.

Dynamite?

This is the 21st century for Heaven's sakes, who actually uses dynamite these days?

Wouldn't a slab of C-4 plastic explosive been more appropriate?
                  i thought that. lol. it seemed comedic in alot of ways what with how it was this big huge thing.

Comment

so the doctor is about just over 1000 years old but from next week trailer he might be returning to his normal self.

the master looks brilliant, best bits for me were

master: "you asking me out on a date"

doctor: "its like when you like someone, but he doesnt notice your there"

harkness:"you to huh?
                    sigpic

Comment

because people seem to be ignoring my previous questions i'll mention them again:

ok i just watched it again and there are so many more things i picked up on.
                      I'll need to watch it yet again to remember most of them though lol.

Anyway two things i want to ask. So here goes:

1) Given the writers fondness for anagrams (they've come up throughout the series and the mystery surounding this new enemy. Can anyone come up with an anagram for TOCLAFANE that matches something from the old series.

I also noticed this time that the master said (or was it the doctor) that the toclafane were a story told to galifreyan children.

2) Something that bugged me is how the doctor looked when the master said he aged him 100 years. No the doctor has said a couple of times these last few seasons that he is around 900 years old. Like wise Paul Mcgann said so too in the movie.
                      At the same time. the second doctor once said that he was around 450 years old. so obviously the galifreyan life spans are much much longer than human lifespans. So how is it after 100 years aged the doctor looked.....well 100......did the master mean age him to the equivalent of a human 100 year old? Or galifreyan years? Or did the master just lie and keep going.

Also i liked how they took note of the fact that The Doctor and The Master were friends at one point. that banter between them on the phone seemed really quite friendly. Even the doctor was willing to save them, even though that on many many occasions now the doctor has shown that he is ruthless. look at how he is with the daleks or the family of blood. and yet there's a sorrow and sadness with him when dealing with the master. of course it could be cos they are the last of there kind but i don't think that's it. It really does seem that somewhere, Deep inside, the doctor still wants to have him as a friend. and so does the master from the looks of it at times.

Once again...........This episode ROCKED. This series has just got better and better!

Comment

Using two anagrams in one story would be overkill, IMO. And I didn't say so earlier because I didn't think it warranted a response. The shippy thing is interesting to me; the anagram angle is not. Hence I spend more time talking about the shippy stuff.

As for the dynamite, BruTak, I thought it was pretty funny, myself. I figured it was just the Master being quirky again. *shrug*

Comment

okay since there is nothing to say the timelords resurrected him at the start of the war i figure the timelords only resurrected the master cause the odds were going against them and since the master mentioned that he saw the dalek emporor take control of the crucible/crucifore (sp) i took it to mean that he stuck around til it looked hopeless then did a runner.

the master is too good a villain/character to get rid of so quickly so i predict that when the earth is inevitably saved the master will escape. but i think his dear lucy may come to a bad end and if the doctor is not even indirectly responsible the master will still blame him thus giving him added reason to seek out the doctor in future episodes for purposes of revenge.

it would be an interesting scenario if the earth ended up under masters control at the end of series and we had the doctor and co. traveling round in the tardis trying to come up with ways to undo what the master has done for the first couple episodes of the next series but the TPTB probably wont go for that idea
                          Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                            okay since there is nothing to say the timelords resurrected him at the start of the war i figure the timelords only resurrected the master cause the odds were going against them and since the master mentioned that he saw the dalek emporor take control of the crucible/crucifore (sp) i took it to mean that he stuck around til it looked hopeless then did a runner.

the master is too good a villain/character to get rid of so quickly so i predict that when the earth is inevitably saved the master will escape. but i think his dear lucy may come to a bad end and if the doctor is not even indirectly responsible the master will still blame him thus giving him added reason to seek out the doctor in future episodes for purposes of revenge.

it would be an interesting scenario if the earth ended up under masters control at the end of series and we had the doctor and co. traveling round in the tardis trying to come up with ways to undo what the master has done for the first couple episodes of the next series but the TPTB probably wont go for that idea
                            probably not cos that would remove that happy0go-lucky nature that's always been a part of the show.

more likely he'll have a backup plan or even just nickoff with jacks time vortex manipulator.

Comment

Yeah, something is gonna have to happen to the vortex manipulator- either the Master takes it or it'll get damaged (again), but I don't think it's something Jack is likely to have when he returns to Torchwood; it's too convenient. His wrist is going to look very nekkid if the Master steals it, though...

Speaking of Torchwood, I wonder how the team is faring in the Himalayas and how they're managing to protect themselves from the Orbs of Doom? (hmm... Orbs of Doom... OMG! It's the Ood! )

Or maybe it's the refugees who fled to Utopia! All that running around to send the ship off happily ever after and it only winds up back in time, invading Earth. No wonder the Toklophane trusted the Master- he's the one they trusted in the first place! Good ol' Professor Yano, saving the day again. LOL

Comment

TOCLAFANE
                                Logopolis maybe?
                                Rastillon?

I think Master aged Doctor to the equivalent of 100 terran years.

And the sound inside the Tardis? That's the cloister(sp) bell. The true heart of the tardis. She's rebelling against what Master has done and is trying to shake it off, but yes, he has caused her some serious damage so she's not having any success.
                                Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                                Spoiler:
                                "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                                "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                                "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                                "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                                "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Working...
                                X