No announcement yet.

Fear Her (2811/211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preatty good episosde over all. And I am starting to agree, the shippiness is starting to get a little, we know it already just admit it and move on. To the episode. Yikes. that poor girl. Some interesting twist and turns in there. Also loved that last bit. With the Doctor carrying the Olympic torch, that was a truly great sene, possibly one of the best senes of all of Who that I habve seen.
    Any way 8/10

Comment

it was better then love and mosters i can't wait for next weeks ep

Comment

For me, the Olympic torch part was the worst! Cheesy. I could have accepted it better had the Doctor aided the runner rather than taking the torch himself. It just came off so OFF.
        sigpic

Comment

i liked that part it could have gone with out that guy on the tv talking thou

Comment

I liked this ep so much better than Love and Monsters, which was kind of dull--even my kids thought so.

I wish they would explore the Doctor's comment about being a Dad more. I couldn't help but perk up when I heard that, and feel like I'd missed something. "What? What? When was that?"

:-)

I don't mind the shippiness. I think the hugs give the Doctor more a softer, more relatable edge. Not all of his incarnations have been "huggy" types, so I think it's nice to see different aspects of him.

doxy

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post
              I liked this ep so much better than Love and Monsters, which was kind of dull--even my kids thought so.

I wish they would explore the Doctor's comment about being a Dad more. I couldn't help but perk up when I heard that, and feel like I'd missed something. "What? What? When was that?"

:-)

I don't mind the shippiness. I think the hugs give the Doctor more a softer, more relatable edge. Not all of his incarnations have been "huggy" types, so I think it's nice to see different aspects of him.

doxy
              I'd only accept it if its linked to Susan
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

i think it is well thats what i thought when he said it

Comment

It was an ok family episode. My daughter sat in on this one but even she was not fully interested. The episode kind of reminded me of one of Doctor #1 episodes about being trapped in some place made out of imagination.
                  So I liked it on a nostalgia level but I also liked the alien design and concept.

I am not bothered by DT's Doctor running with the torch. He always struck me as being impulsive and getting caught up in the moment. That and he wanted to get the pod working again.

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
                  When has the TARDIS ever been THAT presise? im suprised it didnt send them to an Alternate Dimention or something, The TARDIS only malfunctions at the begining and end. its the biggest plot hole in Doctor who. Brilliant though.
                  Well ever since the show has come back the Tardis has been more controllable than in the past. The Doctor materialized the Tardis around Rose in The Parting of Ways and he dematerialized the Tardis around K-9 to leave him behind for Sarah. But yeah back in the old days if you tried to re-park the Tardis you would be lucky if you rematerialized in the same Galaxy.

Doctor: "Brigadier I am going to get some coffee would you like some?"

Brigadier: "Sure I will take a cup."

Doctor leaves through door and the sound of the Tardis dematerializing is now being heard. The Brigadier slowly looks up from his papers with a look of total annoyance on his face. The Tardis materializes in an alien swamp. The Doctor walks out while counting some money when he realizes that he is not at his intended destination and then looks up into the night sky.

Doctor: "Andromeda?! There is no Starbucks in Andromeda!"

Comment

O, I agree I like the ship, but the thing that I don't like about it is the way that they keep on bringing it out without admitting that they have feelings for eachother. that is the big difference between simmering relationships that takej the series to develop, or fade out. IE Carter O'Neill, and to an extent Chickota/ Janeway, which that whole thing was to me one of the biggest let downs, and re writes in trek history. I like Rose as a character, and I even like the shippiness, to an extent, but admit it already, move on. And the second kind of shipping is the forced upon us immeadietly, Doctor/ Rose classic example of that IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
                      When has the TARDIS ever been THAT presise? im suprised it didnt send them to an Alternate Dimention or something, The TARDIS only malfunctions at the begining and end. its the biggest plot hole in Doctor who. Brilliant though.
                      My guess is that accuracy is proportional to distance of travel. And the term is plot device.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

Decent ep (liked it more then "Love and Monsters"), with some funny bits- loved the part at the beginning when the Tardis was squeezed between the dumpsters and they couldn't get out. And there was lots of cheeziness- the Olympic commentary was irritating. But seeing the Doctor carrying the torch was kinda fun.

And the preview for next ep! Lots of excitingess, finally get to see who these "Cybermen" guys are that everyone goes on about.

Comment

I really struggled to like this episode it just seemed too silly, it was better than Love & Monsters but that's not saying much. One thing i did like was the music it really captured that uplifting feeling really well.

Comment

I actually think that this is the weakest ep of the new series to date. The whole plot seemed silly, and the cheesiness at the end really got to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually good with that sort of stuff (I love the Eurovision ) but the lines towards the end seemed amazingly contrived. Still, I guess I can't love every episode...

Comment

I liked the plot, the creature and the way everythig unfolded, however, the little girl just got on my nerves and brought the episode down for me.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

"It only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a diskus about, wrestling with each other in the sand and the crowds stood about— No wait a minute. That was Club Med."
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X