Fear Her (2811/211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverdamascus
    But on a larger scale so people would be more inclined to just ignore it. Very few people would ever probably mention it again. Except maybe to laugh at the poor commentator for being an idiot at looking at an earlier tape, cause 80 000 people can't just disappear.
    Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus causing a glitch in the transmission signal?

Comment

Some poor technician would probably be getting fired for playing a practical joke...

Madeleine

Comment

or:

"Wait, you were getting COFFEE!!!"

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Loved the bit at the start with the TARDIS facing the wrong way, and DT's expression, and then he re-parks it lol.

Comment

this episode was nothing special, but it was funny in the beginning, but the trailer at the end OMG !!! It was worth the wait. I can't wait until next week, I hope it will be spectacular !!!!
            Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
            McKay: You need to get out more.
            Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
            - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Comment

To say that this episode was average would be lying....it was dull, boring and i switched the TV over at times because it didn't keep my interest, at least lask weeks episode had peter kay in it, and the Dr Who confidential was more funny that the episode.....have to say that for once from watching all of the episodes from last year that the episode comming up next later this week looks the best yet.......but we will see?
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus causing a glitch in the transmission signal?
                Exactly.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                  Loved the bit at the start with the TARDIS facing the wrong way, and DT's expression, and then he re-parks it lol.
                  When has the TARDIS ever been THAT presise? im suprised it didnt send them to an Alternate Dimention or something, The TARDIS only malfunctions at the begining and end. its the biggest plot hole in Doctor who. Brilliant though.
                  Hola

Hello

Comment

Finally getting my chance to write my notes about the episode. First off, I liked it. Not perfect, not wonderful, but I liked it. I get a big kick out of the internet smarks who act as though it’s meaningless because it wasn’t grand enough, or big scaled. 98% of all Doctor Who is on this level (granted it’s not always set on Earth). If you had the Daleks or Cybermen in every episode
                    they would quickly be turned into COBRA from GI Joe. Having to loose every week would just water them down. My thoughts;

1) The Doctor has to repark the TARDIS! That was funny.

2) What’s up with the little girl? She was good for the part, but the constant whispering got really old really quick.

3) How can this little girl color inside the lines when I can’t???? Pisses me off!!!

4) Missed the Torchwood reference....if there was one (thankfully)

5) I enjoyed the whole thing with the Olympics. As an American, I was really happy that London got the Olympics (mostly because everyone thought is was going to be France that was going to get them) and the thought of a Doctor Who episode written around that time is a great idea. The whole torch carrying bit is a little out there however. Wouldn’t someone recognize him? Wouldn’t this just add to other conspiracy theories from other groups out there that are similar to L.I.N.D.A. This isn’t just a small TV show. This is the whole world watching (except France of course)

6) I am glad to see that The Doc changes his shirt on a regular bassis. I always had issues with Doctors who didn’t change their clothes ever (*coughDavisoncough*).

7) Love....that’s the theme....awwwwwwwww......

8) Liked the ‘futuristic’ car.

9) The trailer for next weeks episode looks insanely lame.
                    Spoiler:
                    We have our first look at Torchwood, we have a sad revamp of Cybermen (who have been turned into wind-up tin soldiers), we have a voice over by Rose saying it’s her last adventure, and we have someone on the street dying from what looks like a Dalek energy weapon. I wasn’t totally sold on the fact that the Daleks would actually appear. Chop that up to thinking that RTD would actually allow surprises pop up from time to time instead of giving everything away months before it happened. But, I saw the person die on screen, so evidently I am wrong. The rumors of Rose dying in this story are backed up
                    with the voice-over, which means that she probably won’t. Everyone points to the fact that Satansaid she was going to die in battle, and that Satan’s voice was heard in the trailer, completely forgetting that; a) One of Satan’s nicknames is ‘The Prince of Lies’, and b) If Satan was really good at looking at the future, how come he didn’t see that he would go flying into a blackhole? If she does die at the end of this story, I will completely believe that RTD not only can’t keep a secret, but doesn’t even want to keep a secret. The whole bit where the Earth’s are merging I find lame (Liked it better the first time I saw it, when it was called “Crisis on Infinite Earths”) and to me it’s a hell of a coincidence that it’s the Alternate Universe that we just saw that’s coming to our Universe. Does this mean that we will see Mickey? We know that our Earth survives, we see it get destroyed in “The End of the World”, so humanity continues to thrive. [mod snip] the lame Alternate Universe versions....come on people, these aren’t even real Cybermen!! This is a terrible reboot of the classic villains we all know and love!! The only thing that makes them Cybermen are their names!! And the juggy heads...) Guess we will see next week...
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 27 June 2006, 10:34 AM. Reason: If you really disdain the rest of us so much, either learn to conceal your contempt or DON'T POST. Thank you
                    My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                    Build a Dalek
                    Build a TARDIS
                    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                    The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                      I know that no matter how bad it is, most of you all will love it just because there are Cybermen
                      Am I the only one who takes offence to that? You're saying our opinions are stupid, but yours is better? [snip]
                      Last edited by Madeleine; 27 June 2006, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Ahhh.... Gods bless the Ignore List. I can exist in happy ignorance of all the nasty, negative vibes being hurled by angry individuals intent on ruining the fun for others.

I think the only ep I've actively hated so far (of both seasons) is Idiot's Lantern. Contrary to how I am with most shows, I seem to be pretty laid back in regards to my standards on Who. For the most part I can appreciate the sheer joy of a new ep of a show I love without getting too upset/frustrated about the perceived quality.

Sure, I can think of a lot of ways that some eps could have been improved and there are some elements that drive me bonkers whenever they appear (*cough*Tyler famliy*cough*) but the good still tends to overbalance the bad, at least in my book.

Fear Her was an interesting story. Maybe there was a better way to tell it, but I don't think it was bad. It's a fun twist on the idea of drawings being another world (Harold and his Purple Crayon, Simon in the Land of the Chalk Drawings, ChalkZone, etc) with maybe a bit of that old superstitious fear of pictures/images stealing your soul thrown in for good measure.

Awfully heavy thoughts for a fairly light ep, though. And while the explanation of why the air was so cold in summer was a bit obvious, it still made me grin and I appreciate that more than them trying to pass it off as a hot summer day.

Comment

Good episode, one of my favorite of the season so far. I give it a ***. Next week's episode looks good, can't wait.
                          sigpic

Comment

I liked it, way better than last weeks episode. Plus I did love all the hugs
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Darkseid, I've said this in private to you but it doesn't seem to have had the effect I'd hoped, so it might be worth saying it here: it would be really helpful if you could totally avoid all references to other fans when you post. Those are the only posts of yours I ever need to snip or delete. When you focus on critiquing the show itself, you're really interesting and good to read; but as I've told you before, it's just not on to belittle other fans for liking stuff that in your opinion is substandard. No one does that to you; please show the same courtesy to others.

Cheers.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                                Am I the only one who takes offence to that? You're saying our opinions are stupid, but yours is better?
                                No, I did to, people know how much I hated Rise of The Cybermen, and I wasnt a fan of Age of Steel either.
                                Last edited by The Signal; 27 June 2006, 08:41 AM.
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X