No announcement yet.

Love & Monsters (2810/210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the minority in that I liked the ep, but the ending was creepy and horrifying and utterly unlike anything the Doctor would do. Letting someone live the rest of her life (which could well be an indefinite period of time) as a paving stone?! No way.

So my brain has just rewritten the ending as Elton going a bit cracked at the loss of his girlfriend and pretending that she's a paving stone. Maybe even taking the paving stone with him in the mistaken belief that it's still his girlfriend. He just hallucinated her face and fudged the graphics on the transmission. Or we saw the transmission through Elton-filtered glasses.

Makes the ep much easier to live with when I look at it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      I'm in the minority in that I liked the ep, but the ending was creepy and horrifying and utterly unlike anything the Doctor would do. Letting someone live the rest of her life (which could well be an indefinite period of time) as a paving stone?! No way.

So my brain has just rewritten the ending as Elton going a bit cracked at the loss of his girlfriend and pretending that she's a paving stone. Maybe even taking the paving stone with him in the mistaken belief that it's still his girlfriend. He just hallucinated her face and fudged the graphics on the transmission. Or we saw the transmission through Elton-filtered glasses.

Makes the ep much easier to live with when I look at it like that.

That's how I see this story too..... It was very un-doctor like what the Doctor did leaving that girl in that state... I think she was supposed to die but he let her live in this state. So very un-Doctor IMHO......

Whatever happened to "everything has it's time" and all?

As it stands the ending is not just creepy it's kinky
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

*hands coco Shadow-tinted glasses* See? The view is so much better when you just dismiss Elton as some loony pretending a paving stone is his dead girlfriend.

Comment

*hands coco Shadow-tinted glasses* See? The view is so much better when you just dismiss Elton as some loony pretending a paving stone is his dead girlfriend.

Ta thanks..... Now I can watch L & M and not feel terrible about the ending even though it's quite craptacular.

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
            Jackie is the one element from the Rose story that I just don't like. I really wish that she would have died in the Christmas Invasion or something. She was annoying in every episode she was in(except after she was Cybermanized, I liked her then ) and she continued to be annoying here.

Compared to Martha's family I'd have Jackie any day. I kept hoping they'd get done in during the series.....So annoying.

Comment

I'm hoping that Steven won't have the same obsession with obnoxious mothers/families that RTD did and that the next Companion will have a normal family that doesn't grate on the nerves.

Comment

I'm hoping that Steven won't have the same obsession with obnoxious mothers/families that RTD did and that the next Companion will have a normal family that doesn't grate on the nerves.

Well Donna would have made a good companion..... We haven't seen the latest series yet but I've read heaps of spoilers. I really liked Donna

Comment

Oh yes, I'm loving Donna, but her mum has a lot in common with Rose's and Martha's mums.

Comment

Jackie was great, especially because we saw so much more of her than the others. We got inside her head, we saw her as she watched her husband die!
                    As for the other mothers...
                    Spoiler:
                    We had a 4 or so episodes of Martha's mother and family, kinda bland, though the dad and his uppity white wife were such a goldmine! Pity it wasn't followed up on.
                    Donna's mom seems like the same kind of b*tchy yet proactive mother that New Who has been presenting. I mean, that axe!
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      As it stands the ending is not just creepy it's kinky
                      It's quite sad that the only thing that stands out about this episode for me is a throwaway line that takes pounding the pavement to a whole new and disturbing level.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The one think I never get is why do fans complain about the movie not being Canon when there is this ep....................
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          The one think I never get is why do fans complain about the movie not being Canon when there is this ep....................
                          Because this episode, though awful, did not state something that completely changed the show. There was no Doctor is half-human revelations here.

Now what I really don't get is why Shalka is not canon.

Wow, that actually does make the ending a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I loved this episode and I don't love the Movie. What other reason do you need? But as pbellosom said the Movie changed canon it didn't just add to it. L&M, while in some folks opinions, is a bad episode it didn't change canon at all, it may have added to it but that is not unlike 100% of episodes.

L&M didn't tell us The Doctor was something we knew he wasn't.

Basically I loved this ep 'cause it makes fun in a kind way of fans *cough* fans like um... yeah.

Comment

Meeting with people regularly, discussing your shared obsession of choice in a forum...
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

bloody awful episode

that all i can say
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X