No announcement yet.

Dalek (2706/106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that not the impression that I got with that it. Now, my impression might be more hopeful, but I thought that it wanted to die, because with the influx of all of the human emtions made it self-aware of what it truely was and because of that it knew that the type of life that it had wasn't truely "life" as we know it. That deapth is a better faith that living the life it once had.
    According to the writer, it was definitely that the Dalek hated humans and was disgusted by the thought of being anything like one.

Comment

It was such a good episode. My wife and I both felt so sad for the Dalek. sure it's a mass killing machine of death and destruction..but it has feelings too, dang it!!
      But seriously...it really was sad. Pitied the thing and bravo to the writers for being able to make me feel pity for a killing machine.

Are ALL the Daleks REALLY dead? I kind of think they are still around...there must be more survivors?
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
        Are ALL the Daleks REALLY dead? I kind of think they are still around...there must be more survivors?
        The Daleks are the most resilient race in the Doctor Who universe.

They've been "killed off" before. Hopefully, we'll get to see them again soon.

Comment

I recognised "Osiris" instantly.

I love that episode just because it has her in it.
          What's spongey, topped in chocolate with an orange jelly centre and serves the Goa'uld?

A Jaffa cake!

Comment

Wern't they killed off in Death to The Daleks
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I find it odd that Dalek got a lower rating than The Long Game...I thought Dalek was better by a little bit.

But..maybe this is a good sign? Maybe viewers are starting to tune in more and that explains the increase =)
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I find it odd that Dalek got a lower rating than The Long Game...I thought Dalek was better by a little bit.

But..maybe this is a good sign? Maybe viewers are starting to tune in more and that explains the increase =)
                I think something popular was on another channel which explained the dip for that week.

I don't recall what.

Comment

I've heard it said that mid-season Ratings are usually a reflection of the quality of the *previous* ep.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                    I've heard it said that mid-season Ratings are usually a reflection of the quality of the *previous* ep.
                    Well...I'd say we're in pretty good shape for the next few weeks then.

Comment

Dalek aired on a holiday, though. So it may explain its ratings.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Maybe they will be high tomorrow
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

IMO..?

Best episode of the series. They brought back an old enemy, added something new, set it in a massive maze-like underground bunker and killed more than 200 personel. Brilliant......could've had a Xenomorph though...lol
                          I loved the Dalek and the music that played when it self-destructed in the end, wow.

Best episode.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

this was the frist time i ever saw a Dalek. when i frist saw it i really dident see the big deal and i was wonding why the doctor was so sacred of it. then i keeped watching and saw it and acton then i that chaned my mind about it. sents then i went back and watch geneis of the dalkes and disteny of teh dalkes. i wish they show thous old doctor who eps on tv cuz i want to see more of thous dalek eps

Comment

This is still one of my all time favourite Who episodes. Re-watched it last night and I cried, I cried over a Dalek! That right there makes this a great episode, you shouldn't cry over Daleks unless something is wrong with you.

I do think Chris was a little off on some of his delivery, but the whole thing about it being the last of the Daleks and the last of the Timelords and what that must have meant to him and the anger and the insight into his own personality. His darker side the side where he as a Timelord would kill not out of self defense but out of revenge. Powerful stuff.

And he is no coward. Not a word of it, he is a hero. A real hero. We don't see enough of them these days so we just assume they are the ones with the biggest weapons and the ones who use them.

I love Doctor Who! Morals, ethics! Woohoo!

Comment

Ah the daleks, they always give me this warm fuzzy feeling everytime they yell EXTERMINATE!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X