No announcement yet.

Dalek (2706/106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure that's a bang he'll remember in the morning...

I really just said that didn't I?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
      I'm sure that's a bang he'll remember in the morning...

I really just said that didn't I?
      Oh, boy.

Comment

*hangs head*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode, the Doctor afraid, CE pulled it off so well it was unbelievable, also good to see Rose as his consience, the one that stops him from going too far. A great ep.. 8/10
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Have to say I loved it. Felt like a classic Dr. Who eppy.

Comment

It was good. The Dalek was belivable. Man was it scary
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                the Doctor afraid, CE pulled it off so well it was unbelievable
                Especially the line "Release me, if you want to live." and how he delivered it toward the break. It was full with the saying "I told you so."

This episode also reminded me of the Second Season Stargate SG-1 episode "Serpent's Song" if you haven't seen that episode this is what that episode is all about:

Spoiler:
                Apophis, the once mighty System Lord, throws himself on the mercy of SG-1, despite what he has done in the past. Which throws the SGC for a loop.

Just what happen in that episode, all of the members of the SG-1 get their digs into Apophis, just what the Doctor did to the Dalek. I can't believe that I even felt sorry for that thing, but I did and I just don't know why.

Now on a funny side I was expecting Anna-Louise Plowman (Goddard) to yell out "I am your God." Then hit van Statten with a Hand Device.
                "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                Rose: "Your face!"
                The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

I like Adam hope he stays around.

Comment

Bah, humbug. I was hoping they'd made the Daleks less goofy this time around. As it was they just found semi-cool things to do with the goofy parts of the design while keeping the overall design. The swivel cannon, the Matrix force field, the death by plunger (yikes). It just seemed like the makers of the show were basically saying, "Hey look! A Dalek! We got a Dalek!"

I just couldn't get into it. But then I was distracted by the loving close-ups of Billie Piper's choppers (Gah! British dentistry!) and by Osiris mangling an American accent. Is that how we really sound to the rest of the world? Man.

It just occured to me that Billie Piper is the anti-Keira Knightley.

Billie: Blonde, buxom, overbite, working-class accent
                    Keira: Brunette, slim, underbite, upper-class accent

Maybe if we got the two of them together in the same room they'll cancel each other out. Or battle to the death. Ooh, that would be fun to watch...
                    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                    What have these years left to me?
                    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

^Anna is American, her English accent left a lot to be desired IMO

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                      I like Adam hope he stays around.
                      Spoiler:
                      Don't get your hopes up

"Broken, broken, hairdryer" lol love that line
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I loved this episode, the Doctor afraid, CE pulled it off so well it was unbelievable, also good to see Rose as his consience, the one that stops him from going too far. A great ep.. 8/10
                        Yes, it was good. I liked the Dalek's confusion when it got bits of feelings other than hate. I even had a second of doubt as to whether Rose was killed. And who knew Daleks could float? Guess the modern special effects give them more options.

Comment

^Anna is American, her English accent left a lot to be desired IMO
                          I thought she was Australian. She slipped up a few times with that American accent.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I thought she was Australian. She slipped up a few times with that American accent.
                            Born in New Zealand but apparently is an American, so I dunno.

Comment

Born in New Zealand but apparently is an American, so I dunno.
                              Hmm. Of course, being transplanted into the US or Canada doesn't mean you get rid of your original accent. She certainly didn't sound "American" when she talked to MS in one of those DVD behind the scenes extras.

Comment

Cant remember, s for her accent not changing, it depends how long she has been in America, if she was a child for instance. Plus there is no "American accent" everywhere you go its completely different, same as here in the UK (shock horror we dont all sound like the guy in Mary Poppins!)

Comment

Working...
                                X