Dalek (2706/106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    Cant remember, s for her accent not changing, it depends how long she has been in America, if she was a child for instance. Plus there is no "American accent" everywhere you go its completely different, same as here in the UK (shock horror we dont all sound like the guy in Mary Poppins!)
    True enough. But for "tv standard" if you will, there are certain commonalities. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure it out.

Comment

No such TV standards in the UK, we've got every accent going on our screens Oh, and I know what you mean, no worries
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This episode was awesome, I enjoy all the action in it. And specially love the interaction between the Doctor and the Dalek, the facial reactions of the Doctor when he was in the bunk with the Dalek were just amazing. Very good. Also love the interaction between Rose and the Dalek.
        They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
        --Markus--

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Yes, it was good. I liked the Dalek's confusion when it got bits of feelings other than hate. I even had a second of doubt as to whether Rose was killed. And who knew Daleks could float? Guess the modern special effects give them more options.
          The Darleks could float since
          Spoiler:
          Revalation of the Daleks
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I enjoyed this episode.... It was nice to see a Slitheen Arm, and a Cyberman's head in the museum. Felt like classic Doctor Who.

Mattathias

Comment

I can't wait to see the Roses reaction to the cybermen

Comment

Loved the ending with Adam... *very* typical DrWHO.

So far, Bad Wolf in preview *speculation* mode:
                previous eps, aside from the Charles Dickens ep with the seer (servant lady) picking up on Rose's thoughts, it was graffiti on the Tardis, which made me think it was the Doctor being called that...

In the beginning of this Dalek ep, there was a reference to the "Bad Wolf" landing. Helicopter or person? Van Statten or someone else?

That also leaves (Stargate's) Anna-Louis's "Goddard" guest (DrWho) character open for speculation. Funny spot: Her (Who) character may not have a gou'ald in her, but the writers managed to put a "god" into her name...
                Anyway, she didn't seem that bad, until Van Statten got a taste of his own medicine.

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod:
                Plus there is no "American accent" everywhere you go its completely different, same as here in the UK (shock horror we dont all sound like the guy in Mary Poppins!)
                There is no American accent. People on the east coast used to try to figure out my mom's neutral Jersey/NY twang - because she lived there most of her life, but had a neutral accent. That's when we tried to guess that the: Neutral American accent is probably based more in the northern midwest states. Otherwise, there's the Boston (Massachusettes) and Brooklyn (NYC) accents, (eastern) southern belle and generic southern drawl accents, Texan, country hill-billy, and that's not including all the other international nationalities living within the US borders... oh my...!

Actually, when I first heard Anna-Louise Plowman on Stargate (SG-1), I thought she was Canadian with an English lilt in her voice...

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  Cant remember, s for her accent not changing, it depends how long she has been in America, if she was a child for instance. Plus there is no "American accent" everywhere you go its completely different, same as here in the UK (shock horror we dont all sound like the guy in Mary Poppins!)
                  Of course there is an American accent. Just like there is a British one and and Australian one and a Canadian one and a South African one.... Just because there are variations in each accent does not mean an accent does not exist. The differences are called dialects. Regardless of the dialect, I can tell an American from a Brit or an Australian from their speech.

Perhaps you meant to say there is no ONE American accent, and that there are several distinct dialects.

Comment

I like when the Doctor mocks the Dalek it shows his dark side which was not scary, but so real in the way he is angry. Its kind of sad .

The Dalek itself is cool. I found it interesting that in the end the Dalek would rather die than be more human. It shows what the Dalek belief are.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                      I like when the Doctor mocks the Dalek it shows his dark side which was not scary, but so real in the way he is angry. Its kind of sad .
                      Yes, it is very realist reaction when one see your greatest foe put in a postion of weaknest.

The Dalek itself is cool. I found it interesting that in the end the Dalek would rather die than be more human. It shows what the Dalek belief are.
                      Well, that not the impression that I got with that it. Now, my impression might be more hopeful, but I thought that it wanted to die, because with the influx of all of the human emtions made it self-aware of what it truely was and because of that it knew that the type of life that it had wasn't truely "life" as we know it. That deapth is a better faith that living the life it once had.
                      "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
                      The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
                      Rose: "Your face!"
                      The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
                      The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030

Well, that not the impression that I got with that it. Now, my impression might be more hopeful, but I thought that it wanted to die, because with the influx of all of the human emtions made it self-aware of what it truely was and because of that it knew that the type of life that it had wasn't truely "life" as we know it. That deapth is a better faith that living the life it once had.
                        I think the Dalek meant the new feelings were making the it less Dalek which he does not like. remember the Dalek say "this is not life this is sickness!" or something close to it. By sickness I think he meant his new feelings he ws feeling.

and you know what when the Dalek was talking to Rose in the Cage. If I hadn't know Dalek were evil. than I bought that all I'm dying and I'm so alone act because the Dalek did it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                          Perhaps you meant to say there is no ONE American accent, and that there are several distinct dialects.
                          Thats what I meant yeah, should have made it clearer

Originally posted by SGalisa
                          In the beginning of this Dalek ep, there was a reference to the "Bad Wolf" landing. Helicopter or person? Van Statten or someone else?
                          "Bad Wolf One" its his helecopter.
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I think the Dalek meant the new feelings were making the it less Dalek which he does not like. remember the Dalek say "this is not life this is sickness!" or something close to it. By sickness I think he meant his new feelings he ws feeling.

and you know what when the Dalek was talking to Rose in the Cage. If I hadn't know Dalek were evil. than I bought that all I'm dying and I'm so alone act because the Dalek did it pretty well.
                            the Daleks are good at fooling people. In power of the Dalek
                            Spoiler:
                            They cryied "We are your servents, while they made their attack force.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030
                              Yes, it is very realist reaction when one see your greatest foe put in a postion of weaknest.

Nah. I took it as saying that the Dalek was completely repulsed by the idea of becoming more human. A Dalek that changes or grows at all isn't a Dalek, and it sickened it to become more like Rose. It found that it would rather die than be anything other than a Dalek. It said "I will not be like you. This is not life, this is sickness." A Dalek is a Dalek is a Dalek. They kill, they destroy. Any change is perversion.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Though for everyone else it is a welcomed changed

Comment

Working...
                                X