3.) Creepy moment with Garza and Alec.

4.) Also left things open as to whether or not
    Spoiler:
    Sonya had killed Verta

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Great stuff! I haven't enjoyed a season finale so much in ages!

Great special effects....

Spoiler:
      .....the aftermath of the explosion was pretty good, how most of Kira's fellow police survived was a bit surprising though. Cool moment as she disappeared in front of the agent who was questioning who she was. Another thing to explore for that man! .Alex is the one creating history?? I really want to know why he did what he did sending everyone back to 2012.

I'm also intrigued about the others that ended up going further back in time, felt sorry for the guy who went insane, that was a sad moment with his 'time machine'. A great work of art though.

Talking about art, loved the '8' shaped sculpture in the plaza in front of the building that was destroyed, interesting touch! Don't know if that was an actual sculpture, Vancouver has a lot of artwork in streets and parks, can't recall if I'd seen it before when wandering around downtown, or it was so cleverly done I'm convinced there is one like it in reality!!! .

Tony Amendola was awesome in this, along with everyone else, it all came together so well, great story and acting. If ever a show really deserves being renewed, it's this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
        1.) I found the start of the episode to be ambiguous enough that
        Spoiler:
        we don't know for certain that Kiera and Kellog had a sexual encounter
        How was that ambiguous? It couldn't be much clearer unless they came out and said it (which she pretty much did anyway)

2.) Interesting twist with Julian.
        Agreed! Can't wait to see what this means!

4.) Also left things open as to whether or not
        Spoiler:
        Sonya had killed Verta
        I assume you mean Travis? But yes, I noticed that was left wide open too. I'll be interested to see what they do with it next year.

Providing we get a next year!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Spoiler:
          I really want to know why he did what he did sending everyone back to 2012.
          The only thing I can think of is to....

Spoiler:
          Kill Alex if the plan doesn't goto plan - maybe a last ditch backup plan if you kill he guy who invented the technology used in the future, the future will change automatically.

Only problem with that is, the story seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy because the technology has already been invented, so even if...

Spoiler:
          she does kill Alec/Alex, there's nothing to say someone else won't carry on it's development.

Hope this get's renewed, wouldn't it be twisted is if somehow Kellog ends up being his own Grandfather..... LOLOLOLOL

Comment

1.) I found the start of the episode to be ambiguous enough that
            Spoiler:
            we don't know for certain that Kiera and Kellog had a sexual encounter
            Spoiler:
            So when she said "this never happened" she referred to the kiss, the booze and her sleeping in his bed?

Comment

How many guys want to be Kellog for Ep 09 to 10 ??http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw...es/mckay32.gif

About mega cooperation dominate government policy it seem happen in Hong Kong!!

Season 1 to 2 question:
              Spoiler:
              Did someone just vouch for Kiera, who is that guy?
              Why did 2077 Alec sent Kiera back to 2012?
              Why Kagame order Sonia kill Travis ?
              Is there any other player involved Kiera time travel??
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 August 2012, 10:34 PM. Reason: Spoiler-tags added! :)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                How was that ambiguous? It couldn't be much clearer unless they came out and said it (which she pretty much did anyway)
                And you've never seen a film or TV show where
                Spoiler:
                they allow the audience to think that there may have been relations between characters and in fact nothing had happened? It is one of the oldest misdirections in the book.

I'm not saying that it might not have happened however, there are a couple of red flags on this point, for me.

First, Kiera was in her underwear when she woke up. Now, this can be explained away in that this is a "family show". However, they could have shot that scene with her doing the traditional stare under the sheets and groaning, "Oh no". It seems to me that it would be a bit weird that she and Kellog would have sex, and then she would get semi-dressed again and then go to sleep, or, that he would dress her assuming she passed out after they had sex.

Second, Kellog's reaction to Kiera when she emerged, saying "This never happened". He was at first bemused, and then amused. Once again, this looks to me like a classic case of one party jumping to conclusions and the second party allowing them their delusion, and at some point later telling them what really happened.

As I said to start, it may have been the case that they had relations, but I'm betting that Kiera passed out, and Kellog (who I believe really does like Kiera) did the gallant thing and put her to bed.

And yes, I mean Travis Verta.

regards,
                G.
                Last edited by Gollumpus; 06 August 2012, 10:12 PM.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  So when she said "this never happened" she referred to the kiss, the booze and her sleeping in his bed?
                  See the response to Digi's post.

I'm still of the frame of mind that
                  Spoiler:
                  the writers want to keep the Kiera/Kellog sexual tension going, and they lose a lot of gas on that front if their characters get together at the end of the first season. It's traditional for characters to come close to having sex and then not, and then get close again, and then not, and so on.

Maybe they did, but I'm betting they didn't, and likely in the first or second episode of next season what did happen will be revealed. Kiera passed out, Kellog put her to bed, she woke up assuming that they had had sex... unless they did have sex, in which case, never mind.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Who vouched for Kiera to CSIS? The agent said that his supervisor's supervisor, Mr. Esher, gave an order to leave Kiera alone. WTF?

Also, I can't look at the CSIS agent w/o thinking of the X-Files. It's a bummer.

Comment

A question I expect to see answered in Season Two:

Kagame
                      Spoiler:
                      Is he really dead? The answer is probably yes, however, I think back to the start of the episode with Verta and Chen fighting, and getting air-lifted out by Garza just as the building blows up. We did not see Garza for the rest of the episode after her "bondage" moment with Alec.

The timeline between Kagame getting into the elevator and the explosion being detonated is tight, but it wouldn't be the first time that the writers fudged on that kind of a detail. Unless we have a scene where there is positive ID of a body (and even then...), and a post-mortem, I'm not counting Kagame out of being in Season Two as more than filler for some scenes which take place in 2077.

regards,
                      G.
                      Last edited by Gollumpus; 07 August 2012, 01:04 PM.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Another question I expect to see answered in Season Two:

Spoiler:
                        Who is Escher?

I have a recollection that at some point characters were discussing an M. C Escher print. Anyone else recall this scene? I believe it may have been on Kellog's boat.

When the CSIS guy says that his boss had talked to a "Mister Escher", Kiera reacts as though she recognizes the name.

Now, assuming it is associated to Kellog, it doesn't mean that Kellog or Alec had anything to do with this phone call. It's possible that there's a third party tapping in on Kiera's systems and interceding on her behalf. Heck, it could even have been Ingram following up some directive from Kagame.

regards,
                        G.
                        Last edited by Gollumpus; 07 August 2012, 01:04 PM.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Even more questions I expect to see answered in Season Two:

Sonya/Verta
                          Spoiler:

Did Sonya actually kill Verta? From what we saw of their relationship through the first season, even with her devotion to Kagame, I find it hard to believe that she did pull the trigger on Verta. Similar to my skepticism that Kagame did die in that building, until we see a scene where they are discussing Verta having been killed, and that the coroner has done an autopsy, I'm not buying that he's dead.

If he is written out of the show, Liber8 is down to maybe three people and Kellog (with his mixed allegiences). Garza becomes the only real "fighter" left in the group which changes a lot of the show's dynamics. With him gone, Liber8 could be down to hiring red-shirt thugs every week to back them up on their missions.

If nothing else, it's a waste of a good actor and character.

Kiera's outfit
                          Spoiler:

When the building blew up, and Kiera used her suit to protect both her and Alec from the blast, why was her street clothes burned off leaving her in this suit, while Alec's clothing was mostly okay?

"Read me first"
                          Spoiler:

So, we know for certain that Alec2077 was involved in sending Kiera back to 2012. Why?

My thought is that Alec2077 is actually the guy who is trying to smash the state, and that Liber8 is his unwitting tool. How Kiera fits into this, outside of that fact that she was around for these events is still beyond me.

I'm also thinking that Julian2077 could turn out to be in cahoots with Alec2077 over this entire period of time.

Garza
                          Spoiler:

Is she pretty?

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

Even more questions I expect to see answered in Season Two:

Sonya/Verta
                            Spoiler:

Did Sonya actually kill Verta? From what we saw of their relationship through the first season, even with her devotion to Kagame, I find it hard to believe that she did pull the trigger on Verta. Similar to my skepticism that Kagame did die in that building, until we see a scene where they are discussing Verta having been killed, and that the coroner has done an autopsy, I'm not buying that he's dead.

If he is written out of the show, Liber8 is down to maybe three people and Kellog (with his mixed allegiences). Garza becomes the only real "fighter" left in the group which changes a lot of the show's dynamics. With him gone, Liber8 could be down to hiring red-shirt thugs every week to back them up on their missions.

If nothing else, it's a waste of a good actor and character.
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm thinking it was Sonya who was killed, Verta has quick reflexes and being the seasoned soldier he was, disarming someone who, in Sonya's case would hesitate slightly due to her emotional state would be easy for him (The scene in the pilot where he disarms the police man aiming the gun straight at him and hits him on the the head with it, all in a split second comes to mind).

I agree, it would be a loss if he's killed off, his unpredictability makes things more interesting. You know he's just waiting for the right opportunity to do things his way.

Kiera's outfit
                            Spoiler:

When the building blew up, and Kiera used her suit to protect both her and Alec from the blast, why was her street clothes burned off leaving her in this suit, while Alec's clothing was mostly okay?
                            Spoiler:
                            Also, why wasn't her head burned? I'm thinking that her suit has a force field she can extend, around others and her head, her street clothes are on top of the suit, so they get destroyed. But then she is wearing protective head gear in the future, or it could be just part of her uniform and her head is still protected by the suit generated force field underneath. Well, that's my ramblings on that matter!

"Read me first"
                            Spoiler:

So, we know for certain that Alec2077 was involved in sending Kiera back to 2012. Why?

My thought is that Alec2077 is actually the guy who is trying to smash the state, and that Liber8 is his unwitting tool. How Kiera fits into this, outside of that fact that she was around for these events is still beyond me.

I'm also thinking that Julian2077 could turn out to be in cahoots with Alec2077 over this entire period of time.
                            Let's hope season two will be made to answer this, I'd love to find out too.

Comment

Kiera's outfit
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't think there was any reason at all. The script called for her to use her suit to disappear from the CSIS agent, which meant the suit had to be on top. Presto, change-o. Her street clothes are magically gone, and the suit is conveniently displayed. Hooray for televison.

If you must to have a logical reason, however, imagine that Kiera removed the exterior clothes, in preparation for whatever trouble she might face, before she and Alex walked into view of the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't think there was any reason at all. The script called for her to use her suit to disappear from the CSIS agent, which meant the suit had to be on top. Presto, change-o. Her street clothes are magically gone, and the suit is conveniently displayed. Hooray for televison.

If you must to have a logical reason, however, imagine that Kiera removed the exterior clothes, in preparation for whatever trouble she might face, before she and Alex walked into view of the camera.
                                Spoiler:
                                She was enveloped in the explosion as they jumped and she grabbed her neck. If the fire burnt the clothes enough they would have fallen off, or possibly she removed the remnants.
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 August 2012, 07:04 AM. Reason: Tag added.

Comment

Working...
                                X