No announcement yet.

End of Line (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just how indestructible is the Cylon? Centurions in Galactica went down pretty easily and they were basically upgraded versions of the original.

Amanda's probably not dead. I mean she's in the opening montage so offing her would be pretty serious. Plus it'd leave questions pertaining to the the nature of her visions and her future relationship with Clarice (Let's not forget:"Should I be jealous?" "I don't know.") unanswered.

Philomon totally dropped the ball there. Even if he didn't want to help the Zoebot, he really shouldn't have pulled that ****.

The identity of Joseph's guide was pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
      The identity of Joseph's guide was pretty obvious.
      Sure it was. That's plenty easy to say after it's been revealed.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I personally didn't see Teryl's character coming. It was a plot twist
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Yes....that was my point
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Sure it was. That's plenty easy to say after it's been revealed.
            Eh. I actually started to suspect that it was her during the previous episode. Although I wouldn't say that it was obvious.
            sigpic

Comment

EPIC...that is the only way I can describe it (which means I will just ramble and gush) Just plain wow. So much character development, so many intense scenes. I was really sorry to see Philomon go. I liked him. I also doubt that Clarice is dead. I am sure she survived and in the next episodes will probably be back to that mental institute from long gone. I felt both for Tamara and Joseph. Shooting her dad must have broken her heart. Frak and now we have to wait four bloody months for the second half of the season. This sucks. BTW I for one was surprised when the identity of Joseph's guide was revealed
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Indeed, I actually gasped out loud and thought "Dr. Frasier FTW!"

Comment

yeees it was good, really good. the music, the plot everything fitted. barnabas was awesome and i was glad that he got more attention in this episode, is he a series regular or only guest starring role? anyway good episode. liked it a lot. to little joseph, but important stuff. i like vergis somehow more than graystone, maybe because he is tauron
                  sigpic

Comment

"Also, I was confused about Daniel's decision to radiate the chip, destroying Zoe, and then mass-produce it. I thought the only reason why the chip and robot combination worked in the first place was because of Zoe. Or does Daniel not realize that even though he couldn't get the chip to work with any of the other robot bodies?"

To me that was basically a you reap what you sow thing for Zoe. She was so determined to convince Daniel she didn’t exist, but she never considered what the consequences of that would be. The shooting the dog thing finally convinced him Zoe was gone, why should he care if he erased the memory of what he thinks is just "a robot". Boy, for a genius Zoe is pretty daft.

Comment

Really great episode. I hope the break isn't too long.

I rather thought Amanda was heading down the suicide path in the last couple of eps. I think she is a goner even if she is in the credits...thus leading to further story and personal conviction for Clarice since that's what saved her. Not to mention the ramifications it will have on Daniel's dark path...who is pretty much the bad guy in the show for me.

Sad to see lab boy go even though it was an accident, but him being so freaked like that...I guess understandable, but I thought he might have been more understanding/intrigued and willing to help Zoe or at least the robot rather than see its personality quirks erased.

Nice reveal of TR's character being the one in V-world. I suppose it should have been evident, but I really hadn't put much thought into who would be helping him like that. I figured they were doing it for actual money in the real world.

Emotional ending to the Joseph/Tamara V-World story.

Yeah the CGI was rather terrible in places, but that stuff's expensive for the impressive stuff I guess, and I could have done without it in this ep actually. I'm guessing the Cylon body survives though.

Can't wait to see where the story goes next.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I don't think Amanda is dead. There was a bit during the documentary that was shown about there being few survivors who jumped off the bridge. Looks like they're going to add one more.

Sad to see Philomon die. His death was worse than Billy's on BSG. At least Billy died heroically instead of just getting splatted on the metal column lol

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          *delurks*

Great episode, for me it was the best so far.

Dang!! How long is the break again??
                          4 months
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

philmon's 'betrayal' will also help cement in Zoe the 'machines are monsters and inferior' issue that seemed to be at a crux of the cylon war
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This was such a great episode there are so many things climaxing here it hardly feels right to say so little but it's really late and im tired so i'll just mention what really stood out.

As soon as Joseph entered Tamara's house in V-World and we saw her hands behind her back i knew she would shoot him, that said, this is a great way to develop his character and possibly Tamara too, however something tells me this could be a way of her leaving the show. I don't quite understand why she shot herself first, the only thing i can think of is perhaps so she could take him off guard.

Philomon, this is why we can't have nice things. Why did he do that, i liked him, he was fairly genuine up until this point then bam! He stabs her in the back and she tries to stop him but of course being a robot she just crushes him.

I'm falling asleep at my keyboard i'll come back and finish later.
                              Edit;
                              I came back to post my epiphany, see below, now i can't sleep so i guess i'll finish this off.

The way Amanda Graystone's previous three episodes have lead up to this point while not entirely surprising has been done incredibly well and i felt so drawn into the story that whenever her segments ended it was like being snapped out of a trance.

Lastly Zoebot's montage at the end of the episode which displayed her perception of the events which forced her to take this course of action; murdering Philomon then running away were communicated very nicely and it didn't feel as though we were just rewatching little segments from the series as they all held a somewhat new meaning now.
                              Last edited by MickyD; 27 March 2010, 12:52 PM. Reason: Couldn't sleep, finished the post.
                              Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post

As soon as Joseph entered Tamara's house in V-World and we saw her hands behind her back i knew she would shoot him, that said, this is a great way to develop his character and possibly Tamara too, however something tells me this could be a way of her leaving the show.
                                I don't think that this will be the last thing we saw of Tamara. She has learned how to manipulate the V-World to her own liking, has become some of the BSG version of Neo and I think that her story and the one from Zoe will cross paths again and when they do it will be a big story development.
                                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X