SyFy/Neilsen Caprica Rating Predictions/Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    I hope that it preforms well. Caprica is essentially Syfy's flagships show and it's expensive, so it needs to get good ratings. I'm hoping for at least a 1.9 for the pilot.
    No, Stargate Universe is SyFy's flagship franchise, and it's more expensive than Caprica especially if you look at the casting for the show.

That said, I doubt Caprica will do better in the ratings than SGU. In fact, I'm calling it. It seems like everything that everyone hated about SGU is in Caprica, but in far greater quantity. The pilot was really slow, there were a lot of religious overtones, much more than the original BSG reboot, and the teenagers in Caprica are actually teenagers and far more annoying than Chloe can ever be.

I'm going to say 1.7 million for the premiere, it'll hold steady for the episode after that, because the people who've already seen it a year ago will likely want to see how it pans out a few episodes down the road.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
      No, Stargate Universe is SyFy's flagship franchise, and it's more expensive than Caprica especially if you look at the casting for the show.

That said, I doubt Caprica will do better in the ratings than SGU. In fact, I'm calling it. It seems like everything that everyone hated about SGU is in Caprica, but in far greater quantity. The pilot was really slow, there were a lot of religious overtones, much more than the original BSG reboot, and the teenagers in Caprica are actually teenagers and far more annoying than Chloe can ever be.

I'm going to say 1.7 million for the premiere, it'll hold steady for the episode after that, because the people who've already seen it a year ago will likely want to see how it pans out a few episodes down the road.
      Actually Caprica is more expensive then SGU. Caprica was so expensive that it went from 20 episodes to 19.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post

Actually SG-1,SGA. and SGU are SyFy's flagship franchise. The GH franchise is their reality docudrama flagship series, and Stargate is their drama flagship franchise.

I agree about Caprica it was just ok for my taste, and very slow. I am likely not going to watch the next episode. I did not even program my DVR for the season.

As per the ratings, well BSG the Plan managed to only drum up a measly million viewers. I don't think we will see any comparisons from BSG last season because it would be negative spin, and the network never does that obviously, unless they are NBC executives, lol. Sorry a little Conan O'Brien joke there.
        Last edited by Briangate78; 24 January 2010, 01:55 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Caprica Premieres to 1.6 Million Viewers on Syfy

Friday night’s two hour premiere of Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica averaged 1.6 million viewers. But between a DVD release almost a year ago now and the premiere being available online via Hulu and Syfy.com for weeks ahead of the premiere there’s not much to be made from Friday’s numbers. Plus its first hour it was up against the Hope for Haiti Now Telethon on practically every other channel!

The real test comes with the next episodes

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/25...-on-syfy/40083

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Friday night’s two hour premiere of Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica averaged 1.6 million viewers. But between a DVD release almost a year ago now and the premiere being available online via Hulu and Syfy.com for weeks ahead of the premiere there’s not much to be made from Friday’s numbers. Plus its first hour it was up against the Hope for Haiti Now Telethon on practically every other channel!

Ah spin where have you been? I don't buy the Hope for Haiti excuse as the numbers were down on that for every channel so obviously not many were watching it. In fact I don't buy the DVD excuse either. Yes it would be foolish to expect a high pilot ratings but not something this low. I will say this though the post-pilot decline will be smaller but I don't expect good numbers in the future
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

probably a 1.3 for live +sd
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Ah spin where have you been? I don't buy the Hope for Haiti excuse as the numbers were down on that for every channel so obviously not many were watching it. In fact I don't buy the DVD excuse either. Yes it would be foolish to expect a high pilot ratings but not something this low. I will say this though the post-pilot decline will be smaller but I don't expect good numbers in the future
                Those are bad numbers, no way to spin that.

I also think Caprica is not appealing. Granted I have some concerns with SGU, but it still is a good solid show that has a lot of potential. I think Caprica is going to be SyFy's first big bomb.
                Last edited by Briangate78; 25 January 2010, 08:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  probably a 1.3 for live +sd
                  Not quite, but close.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Those are bad numbers, no way to spin that.

I also think Caprica is not appealing. Granted I have some concerns with SGU, but it still is a good solid show that has a lot of potential. I think Caprica is going to be SyFy's first big bomb.
                    They have biombed worse then this before. Painkiller Jane
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

They have biombed worse then this before. Painkiller Jane
                      Nope! Flash ah ah Gordon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Nope! Flash ah ah Gordon.
                        I liked that show...

Comment

Syfy’s Innovative Caprica Marketing Generates 1.5 Million Pre-Premier Audience

January 19, 2010 — Prior to the highly anticipated January 22 premiere of Caprica, Syfy’s innovative distribution and marketing campaign has generated a viewing audience of 1.5 million viewers for the two-hour pilot episode across a wide range of platforms from Hulu, Syfy.com, DVD, FOD (Free on Demand), Apple and Amazon to featured screenings at prestigious film festivals.

continues:
                          http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/19...audience/39280

Comment

I'm going to get dizzy from all this ratings spin
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Um, I don't understand ratings very much. What do you mean by spin?

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like this guy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X