Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Caprica Season Two Been Given The Green Light?

After such a Lengthy commissioning process, and a slightly shaky start, a second helping of Batlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica was not necessarily a given. But fans that were expecting to be singing "Cylon, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight!" at the end of season one can breathe a sigh of relief: Caprica will definitely be returning to our screens.

While the Syfy channel are still remaining tight-lipped about season two's prospects, the show’s critical plaudits have been a delightful surprise. So much so, that they’ve already begun hiring staff for season two behind the scenes, according to a source working on the production. They told us that that they've been booked to start work at the end of the year, which should tie into a Jan 2011 air date.

continues:
    http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...eason_two_been

Comment

I really hope this is the case. Knowing we at least will get a second season would be so great.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Has Caprica Season Two Been Given The Green Light?

After such a Lengthy commissioning process, and a slightly shaky start, a second helping of Batlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica was not necessarily a given. But fans that were expecting to be singing "Cylon, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight!" at the end of season one can breathe a sigh of relief: Caprica will definitely be returning to our screens.

While the Syfy channel are still remaining tight-lipped about season two's prospects, the show’s critical plaudits have been a delightful surprise. So much so, that they’ve already begun hiring staff for season two behind the scenes, according to a source working on the production. They told us that that they've been booked to start work at the end of the year, which should tie into a Jan 2011 air date.

continues:
        http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...eason_two_been
        I really hope so. But Syfy pulled the same crap with both Farscape and SG-1, "hey guys go ahead and get working on the next season, nothing to worry about--PSYCH! Suckers!"

So I'll wait for the official announcement before I get my hopes up.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i was hopeful thanks digi
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Sorry
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Sorry
              you shall be zoe's first victim
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I really hope so. But Syfy pulled the same crap with both Farscape and SG-1, "hey guys go ahead and get working on the next season, nothing to worry about--PSYCH! Suckers!"

Its just basic business. Something losing money you get rid of the product
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Its just basic business. Something losing money you get rid of the product
                  Basic business is one thing. Telling people to go ahead and get to work on the next chapter and then yanking the rug out from under them is quite another.

Comment

Basic business is one thing. Telling people to go ahead and get to work on the next chapter and then yanking the rug out from under them is quite another.
                    But is it really yanking the rug when its already shown the show is failing?
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      But is it really yanking the rug when its already shown the show is failing?
                      If you tell them not to worry and to get to work on more, then yes. Yes it is yanking the rug out from under them.

It would be different to be silent and then just cancel it; that's just business.

Comment

Business is not only about making money, taking riskes is a great part in it. And when you have put up massive sets like Caprica most likely has, I doubt you would give up on first try if you still had the possibility of making it work.

Comment

An official announcement would certainly be nice.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*creeps into thread* Oh, a few familiar faces in here! Just discovered Caprica - it was highly recommended to me by a friend, and I had some time to kill while Spn is on yet another hiatus *groan* so I gave it a shot. And I like it. Never watched the new BSG, though, so a lot of the referencing goes right over my head. I was too fond of the original series, and when I found out that my hero Starbuck was gonna be a GIRL I decided to give it a miss. But I must say, everything makes sense so far, so the claim that the show is for both BSG fans and newbies has merit. Looking forward to the next episode.

sigpic
                            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Question: Caprica is fraktacular! Got any scoop? —Sarah
                              Spoiler:
                              Ausiello: I’m hearing something about a bitter mental standoff coming up between Zoe and Daniel. And THIS JUST IN from exec producer Jane Espenson: “Lacy is pulled deeper into a dangerous orbit. When the center cannot hold, we’ll see more than one character take genuinely desperate actions that change the course of the story entirely.”

Comment

Hey how many episodes will season 1 have does anyone know?

I am watching this show on Hulu. Thank God for Hulu I would be missing this great show with out it.

Love this show
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X