Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2 (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
    is it me or did lee look a little chubby?
    Info gathered from another forum indicates that Lee got some "fat makeup." He apparently even had a double chin, though I missed seeing that in the first run-through.

I ain't exactly digging Adama's mustache either.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
      with special geast star, floozys 1 and 2.
      Baltar is a pimp after all!
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Holy FRAK! We are so screwed! How anybody would vote for Baltar is beyond me. Excellent episode Cant wait till October. Hey am I the onlyone that thinks moving it till October is a mistake?
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

A lot of posters keep saying how they're sure the last 30 minutes on new caprica was a dream. LOL I thought i was having the dream watching it. You know how a good dream suddenly turns into your worst nightmare? I couldn't believe what i was seeing.

Holy Crap!

Battlestar has some of the best writers i've ever seen. I used to doubt in season one... but now i am a true believer! Battlestar Galactica time and time again throws plot twist after plot twist and keeps you guessing constantly. When i saw the Cylon Centurians marching on new caprica... it reminded me of the Nazis marching on Poland. Everyone standing around in shock and dismay.

I really enjoy Baltar, he keeps changing and he does his own thing. But in the last 30 minutes of this episode i hated his guts.

I'm a male and Starbuck is my hero. I applaud the strong writing of female characters. It's about time! "We'll fight 'em until we can't." That's how you do it.

I was pleased to see that the chief has finally woken up to his senses. I think he's my favorite character.

I don't know how they're going to get themselves out of this mess, what with both battlestars under equipped and under-manned. I don't see them coming back and attacking the cylon fleet seeing as how that would be unrealistic and most of what i've seen on this show sticks with the realism. But what i do know is that i have complete faith that thw writers will pull it off in stride.

What an amazing show. And yet again, what another amazing plot twist and cliff-hanger.

Comment

I liked the moustache on EJO. I'm showing my age, but it reminded me when he was Don Johnson's boss on Miami Vice.

Now I'll really show my age, the terrific CGI shot of the Cylon troops marching down the main thoroughfare of the New Caprica market reminded me unmistakably of the George Pal Puppetoon "Screwball Army" from the old stop motion shorts he produced in the late 50's early 60's. All they needed was a little goose-step...

Questions to ponder.
            • What was the fate of the "Cavil model" Cylons? Out of the airlock, click click click?
            • Is Sharon Valerii still in the Galactica brig? Is that why Helo is in Lt. Gaeta's chair? How strained is his relationship with Sharon?
            • The planet was hidden in a very noisy DRADIS distorting nebula. A nebula is a collection of stars. A star is equivalent of many thousands of simultaneously exploding thermonuclear weapons. How could the Cylons have plausibly detected the single nuke that wiped out Cloud Nine? This is one of the worst lapses, IMHO, of pseudo physics on the series.
            • Why would Six nuke Cloud Nine? Did she know she could not have remained there or on the planet undetected? Suicide was a strong enough taboo to keep her from killing herself before, when she was in much greater physical and emotional pain. Why now, at that particular time? Was she falling for Baltar? Could she not live with herself because she knew she couldn't sustain a relationship with him? The physical coupling seemed to awaken the old traumas of her previous incarceration.
            • Nuking Cloud Nine was not the greatest bang-for-the-buck Six could have extracted from that weapon.
            • Having Cylons as old as the Cavil models seems problematic. The Cylons were only away for forty years since the first war ended. We know the Cylons are "resurrected" as adults, but all the models we saw in the past seemed (plausibly) within the 40 year age range since the end of the first Cylon-Colonial conflict.
            • If the Cavil brothers "message" was true, why haven't there been more forays back to Caprica and the other colonies to bring back other survivors from the "unoccupied" Colonies? Of course, the message could not have been literally true, otherwise the Cylons would not have appeared at all on New Caprica. And I guess Sharon wouldn't have been trusted to navigate a second time, but she had already "laid down markers" once, if I'm not mistaken.
            • I'm not surprised about the spoilers that I heard about that came to pass, as I was by the ones that didn't pan out. What about the demand of the cylons to stop worshipping false gods, and to turn over a portion of the population for breeding purposes?
            • The Cavil model makes 7 known Cylons, and two less than the eight that Sharon revealed were on the fleet before she was shot (Lucy Lawless was one). Why didn't the other six models try to contact the Cylon fleet? Are they all sleepers? What has D'Anna Biers been up to over the last year? Was she on Cloud nine?
            • What can the Adama's do to improve their position while jumping away from New Caprica? How will they be able to get a sitrep from the planet? If the Cylons no longer occupy Caprica, why occupy New Caprica?
            Last edited by anotherquestion; 10 March 2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              Holy FRAK! We are so screwed! How anybody would vote for Baltar is beyond me. Excellent episode Cant wait till October. Hey am I the onlyone that thinks moving it till October is a mistake?
              no...I think your the only one.
              Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Amazing. Simply Amazing. I loved every second of this episode, BUT it did leave me with some questions:

1)In a year, they didn't bother going back to supposedly evacuated planets for other survivors?

2)Where was Sharon?Still in the brig?

3)So.... Why did the Cylons REINVADE? Didn't Brother Cavil(something close to that....) say that they had been convinced by the Hero's that what they were doing was wrong?

4)Did the Brother say there was no God?Sort of confirming that the cylon leadership is a single person...

5)Who was the genius who decided I have to wait till OCTOBER FOR THE NEXT SEASON?!This idiot needs kicked in the face.Hard.

Also a few comments:
                I thought Baltar might not suck as President. I was, apparently, wrong.
                Tents.These people have ships to live on, and they could make housing, but they choose tents. Reallll smart.
                Lacking suplies?For nine months they were able to at least get supplies to everyone, although in some cases via the black market, and now they have so few they have to hoard them?Shouldn't making medical supplies be right up there with effective shelter?

Overall, I was happy with the new direction the series seems to be taking and can't wait untill october.No, seriously, if I have to wait till october, there will be death... or at least pain.
                Last edited by Neomon; 10 March 2006, 08:58 PM.
                Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                  When Adama comes back with his pimped out Battlestar all will be saved!
                  LOL, if they come back? Ok they will come back but still how will they get all those people of world. They can't with out Cylon help. I think we might be looking at a whole season on one planet. Did anyone notice how Lee gain some pounds around the face and the way Dualla gave Lee the phone was funny a** hell.

Comment

I think Baltar is gonna be with the Cylons now. Everyone is gonna blame him for all their problems once this situation is resolved, so I don't think he has a future in the fleet...
                    Loved the Cally forgiving Tyrol scene, glad to see they got together.
                    I wonder what Leoben wants with Starbuck, also I wonder what he is gonna do with Roslin...
                    Anyways, will go slowly insane for the next seven months.

Comment

Originally posted by skull24
                      LOL, if they come back? Ok they will come back but still how will they get all those people of world. They can't with out Cylon help. I think we might be looking at a whole season on one planet. Did anyone notice how Lee gain some pounds around the face and the way Dualla gave Lee the phone was funny a** hell.
                      Lee is now as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside...awsome!

Adama will be back...with help. He's too smart and cunning not to have planned something.

Comment

I don't think Helo would ever leave Sharon. But I think she might leave him. Poor puppy...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I don't think Helo would ever leave Sharon. But I think she might leave him. Poor puppy...
                          Time for Helo to re-evaluate his "relationship" with Sharon.

Comment

Originally posted by skrip00
                            Anyone love Helo doing the Gaeta job? Haha, so unnatural to see him there.

Anyways, good ending for S2.

I love the new direction. One thing: what do the Cylons want now?
                            The Cylons want to be ALIVE. These Cylons want to Coexist with Human and value life without understanding what a mess living to survive is. Obviously the Humans need to be under their Fraking guidence / rule (in the Cylon opinion) as humans can't seem to live without all the nastiness that is the human condition. They probably figure that they forgive and love the humans and must keep them like children. Argh, I hope those Battlestars have a good plan to extract as many as they can from New Caprica, but I bet it will take all of next season. I know there is no future in Coexistence.

Bet New Caprica is an analogy for some middle eastern nation that has a patronizing occupational force hanging about. Kara is looking like a rebel faction leader. These writers sure like to be topical with the current and re cent events,showing perspective and view points from every side.....

Thought I had a Miami Vice flashback when I saw Olmos with the moustache.

Hey is Sharon still in the brig after a year?

That October part was cruel... However that should give them time to really blow our minds.

Comment

OMG I hope it's not an analogy, that would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chig
                                Bet New Caprica is an analogy for some middle eastern nation that has a patronizing occupational force hanging about .
                                Hmmm what such place could you be refering too???

Comment

Working...
                                X