Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2 (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demredsox
    So what's up with our newest cylon model? Was he lying about the end of the chase? Or was he actually, in a twisted way, telling the truth? Why did the cylons leave the colonies? And what about "God's Plan" for Baltar? Is it finished? How about the child?

Idle spectulation, anyone?

He wasn't lying, he said the humans were getting a reprieve... well, they had a year.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I've been rethinking this. How exactly is it that different from the original? Just a few more mysteries. We'll have stories on the bucket (and the beast) interposed with Caprica. We had a whole thing with Helo and Sharon, and that worked pretty well. We'll see.

Comment

Apparently Moore has denied that the last 30 minutes is a dream, and I highly doubt that we'll see any AUs. Wow, talk about taking the show in a new direction. My brain is a melty pile of mush. I stand and applaud you BSG, shows that do this to me are a rarity indeed.

Simple comments to spare what's left of my brain:

-I figured the Rev. was going to be either a cylon or in Tyrol's brain. Though I was a bit confused as to why everyone was okay with his presence on Caprica - did he come along with the mission? Did they assume he was with the rebel forces?

-Interesting shift in the cylon religion from the colony's pantheism to monotheism to atheism. What happened to god and his plan?

-I was shocked that Roslin would attempt to rig the election. I thought she would get away with it, and then Gaeta went and screwed up the whole plan (hmm...cylon?) and Roslin was completely crushed. Poor Adama for not being kept in this loop and having his faith in Roslin pushed to the edge.

-The whole scene with Gina and the nuke and Cloud 9, wow. Just wow. And to learn that it was a plan to alert the cyclons about the planet. Was the Six at the end the "hero" Six from Downloaded or Gina downloaded into another body?

-Meh, the whole Kara/Anders/Lee scene on the ship was an obvious ploy to show Lee's jealousy and angst. For that matter, it appears that something happened between Lee and Kara to have Lee pissed a year later and Dee showing her catfight claws. I see Lee/Dee is still going in all its bland glory.

-I actually don't mind Tyrol/Callie. Pregnant Callie was quite a sight.

-What on earth is going to happen with Sharon's baby? For that matter, what happened to Sharon?

-Baltar is beyond all redemption for me. Let him stew in his massive failures.

Oh man, I'm so watching this again in two hours.

Comment

Personally, I'm guessing Megatoasterbaby is among the kids that Roslin is teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashing Young Man
            All I can say is that Almos had best shave that ridiculous mustache by next season.
            Do you have a problem with the Olmostache? Isn't that his trademark?

Too many people seemed out of character. Bill "throw 'em in the brigg" Adama wouldn't take crap from Baltar. Laura "toss 'em out the air-lock" Roslin wouldn't have a problem with rigging the election. Tigh would never leave the Galatica, he's the most cynical of anyone aboard. Ten years from now, he would still think the Cylons were coming.

They rushed more of the time line into the last 30 minutes than the entire two seasons! Things were already bleak enough, this is insane. Shouldn't the protaginist have a shot a victory? The episode seemed so off pace. The begining was a bit frantic, but the whole election part was so slow. Then the end was so rushed. As an audience member, I don't like how I've just been thrown into the story again, with all kinds of missing info. What the hell happend that last year? They took 33 episodes to do nine months, but a year was thrown out in 30 minutes?

And why would the Cylons take tens of thousands of prisioners if they want to eliminate humanity? At least we don't have your typical Scifi plot of the all powerful enemy that only wants to destroy humanity.

And did they borrow a writer from Dallas?

They may have killed my interest in a third season. I'll give 'em a couple of episodes to go somewhere with this, but that's about it.

BTW, that was a scary first post to write

Comment

Anyone love Helo doing the Gaeta job? Haha, so unnatural to see him there.

Anyways, good ending for S2.

I love the new direction. One thing: what do the Cylons want now?

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
                It's not a dream. If Moore wimps out like that, I'll quit the series.
                If it's a dream....that'll bite. Don't think so though.

I figure the fleet just took off to protect its assets and will be back to save the day; but I can see the point about it being out of character for Adama to cut and run.

Wow.....I sort of liked Anders when he was on Caprica but starting from that awkward scene in the locker room I think he's very bad for Kara. And what the heck happened between Lee and Kara and Lee and Dualla for that matter? And never thought I'd see Starbuck hugging Colonel Tigh.

I assume that was the "HeroSix" there at the end, reunited with Baltar at last.

And what an idiot Baltar is.

And Tyrol as Union President? And I assume he's knocked up Cally?

What are the Cylons really up to?

Sheesh....lots of questions, not many answers.

Ron Moore is either the smartest guy in the world or the dumbest but I have to admire his guts. He's not making "safe" scifi.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

wait....so lee is all pissed a kara for the thing that went on with her and anders....or is it something else. cause i dunno it seems a little bit strange that hes still mad at her even after a year for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    -I was shocked that Roslin would attempt to rig the election. I thought she would get away with it, and then Gaeta went and screwed up the whole plan (hmm...cylon?) and Roslin was completely crushed. Poor Adama for not being kept in this loop and having his faith in Roslin pushed to the edge.

-Baltar is beyond all redemption for me. Let him stew in his massive failures.
                    Baltar did not fail. How could he know that the cylons could see where they were. Also Gaete is the only good man left in the whole series he does what is right. Adama lost his goodness when he told Baltar to not investigate the president. Lee lost his goodness when well he took Billy's girl. Starbuck not good. Tye not good. Sharon not good. Helo maybe good. Cally kinda good, and Tyrol maybe good. Geate is the only pure one.
                    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Personally, I'm guessing Megatoasterbaby is among the kids that Roslin is teaching.
                      Hee, Megatoasterbaby. I prefer "cybrid."

Wasn't the surrogate mother with Roslin at the end in the school tent? I thought she went to the back of the tent and the baby was there. Looked a year older at most, no rapidly-aging babies for this show, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        um we saw a glimpse of Sharons baby

the assistant we saw with Roslin in the school tent was the same woman she gave Sharons child to

Comment

O.K. to all of you who saw the finale you all know what happened at the end
                          Spoiler:
                          The fleet jumped away when the Cylons attacked. So were all asking ourselves "where'd they go?" "Why did they chicken out"? Why is Lee such a siss...just kidding. Anyway here's my theory, and I have reasons to back it up. Adama was orbiting new Caprica for a year...A WHOLE YEAR! Do you really think he was just floating there doing nothing but grooming his new mustache all that time? I don't. Adama is no dummy. He knew the Cylons were coming back. And he's not one to wait for something to happen. A year is a long time to put any plans he has in motion. Also We saw Adama pull up and run at the end...Is Adama the type to leave 39,000 people to die? ABSOLUTLY NOT! We can all Agree on that I believe. So here's what I'm thinking...Galactica and Pegasus are bailing out to go back to the 12 colonies (the newly Cylon free 12 colonies mind you) to rearm the ships, especially the Galactica. There's alot of wreckage and probably still useable ships at the Scorpion Shipyards.

So theory one is...ADAMA'S GONNA PIMP HIS BATTLESTAR!!

Here's Theory Two...Adamas already started preparing...being the forward thinker we all know him to be the Adama boys have already started work on a THIRD Battlestar. I think this is the less likely of the two possibilities, but I canot believe Adama just sat there for a year doing nothing but orbiting New Caprica. Forget what he told Tigh, he's too smart not to believe the Cylons wouldn't be back. I think it's totally possible Adama comes back with THREE Battlestars and tears the Cylon fleet a new one!

So ther you have it folks...don't hesitate to tell me what a genius I am!
                          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

So many plot-points, so little time

Cally/Tyrol: I loved his honest, from-the-heart apology. This apology was eclipsed by Cally's forgiveness and admission that she always cared for him.

The Presidential Election: Loved the smokey backroom meeting between Roslin and Baltar. Laura saw right through the freaky doctor and recognized the danger he wielded for the survivors. Admiral Adama's explanation of a "tabulation error"..WOW!

Kara/Lee/Anders: Talk about awkward moments! Kara really dug into Lee about Dee... Still, why would there be soo much tension between Lee, Dee and Kara a year after that drunken comment when Kara asks for antibiotics for Anders?

Tyrol the Union Leader. Glad to see the man cultivating his leadership skills, not to mention his fatherly skills )

Wasn't there supposed to be a new cylon revealed??

Comment

Maybe it was a cylon simulation?

Comment

Nah.
                                Spoiler:
                                He did sit there. His men weren't even drilled.
                                Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Working...
                                X