Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oka
    AMAZING episode.

I just loved the scene where the Pegasus XO realized that he wouldn't have to go through with Cain's plan. His reaction was so wonderful. Brought a smile to my face. And the closing scene, so emotional.

The entire ep was close to perfection. Seriously I don't know how they're gonna top this but they always seem to manage somehow.

Wasn't that some of the best SFX you have seen in a tv-show, ever? Amazing.
    Yeah the episode really ranks up there. What happened to Cain really surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
      Did the Raider run into Lee's Blackbird on purpose, or because it couldn't see the ship cuz it was stealthy?
      I'm pretty sure it was because it couldn't see the Blackbird. I'm disappointed to see the Blackbid go. I guess Chief Tyrel does have some free time in his hand to possibly build another one.
      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

The podcast by Ron Moore is up on scifi.com and in it, he says in escaping, Lee actually is hit by exploding debris from a damaged Raptor, not by a raider. He says you can see it if you watch the scene in slo-mo, I tried it on my computer and you can see that he is hit by a piece of debris when he is looking back over his shoulder at the resurrection ship blowing up behind him, though its hard to see what exactly it is, it defniitely doesn't look cylon. Too blocky and not enough blood. In fact at one time they were going to film it where Lee would be floating among the dead crew of the Raptor but it ended up being too hard to film.
        ...but now I know
        That twenty centuries of stony sleep
        Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
        And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
        Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

Wow, that was another powerful episode. I'm glad to see the more moral side of Cain although you just know that the other version of #6 will kill her once the assainations were called off.

I agree that Starbuck's euology was a bit controversial but it does definitely add a lot of more depth to the character. Kara also never heard about Cain's decision to strip the original civilian fleet of the Pegasus (since this was the piece of info that convinced Adama to take out Cain).

I'm interested in seeing how the storyline with Lee will play out. I'm glad to see that potential love triangle between Lee, Kara, and Dee is still in place.

Now here is a rationalization that I had to make while watching this episode. The lack of happiness on Starbuck's face after the successful mission was a dead giveaway that something was up (I was surprised that one guy that she passed in the hallway didn't congratulate her)...you would think that Cain would notice that (unless she is too occupied with her own decision to whether take out Adama or not). Is it possible that Cain only decided to not kill Adama after seeing that Starbuck wasn't going to kill her? One may argue that had Cain suspected Starbuck's action, she wouldn't have even allowed Kara to talk to Adama before she talked to her XO; however, Cain may have somewhat of a deathwish as well (and knowing that the fleet would be in decent hand with Adama, she may be more willing to let Adama's assainsanation plan to work).

Comment

Originally posted by Speakfire
            The podcast by Ron Moore is up on scifi.com and in it, he says in escaping, Lee actually is hit by exploding debris from a damaged Raptor, not by a raider. He says you can see it if you watch the scene in slo-mo, I tried it on my computer and you can see that he is hit by a piece of debris when he is looking back over his shoulder at the resurrection ship blowing up behind him, though its hard to see what exactly it is, it defniitely doesn't look cylon. Too blocky and not enough blood. In fact at one time they were going to film it where Lee would be floating among the dead crew of the Raptor but it ended up being too hard to film.
            Ok, I stand corrected. There was a shot of a cylon raider flying over Lee right after he had ejected that made me think he ran into a raider.

Comment

Yep actually you see at least 2 cylon ships fly past on the slow playback. I would guess they're what destroyed the raptor. I thought the Blackbird was destroyed by a raider too, until I heard the podcast
              ...but now I know
              That twenty centuries of stony sleep
              Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
              And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
              Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star
                Well, Kara's unfortunate eulogy to Cain notwithstanding, I can understand her relating to Cain as well. She was the mother figure that Kara has always wanted. The mother who could do everything the boys could but still be...well, the mom she's always wanted. I think Kara has always searched for that kind of approval. It's a flaw of hers. When Cain showed that she could get things done and get them done with the necessity of no muss, no fuss, that appealed to Kara's get it done and get it done now philosophy. I would have liked for Kara not to have so blatantly criticized Dad though in such a public way, especially in light of what he had asked her to do and what they were talking about. Praising Cain for doing what was necessary and etc... was just not cool. I'm not sure I like what direction this episode has pointed to for Kara.
                You raise an interesting point.

I agree with your astute observation regarding Cain's appeal to Kara. Though Cain could not possibly be considered a proper role model, for the first time Kara looked up to someone other than Bill Adama and, as a result, came to some conclusions of her own. Ever since Hand of God, we've known Kara's being groomed for a command position. So the very fact that she is now doing independent thinking is positive in my book.

I also agree with you on the "public way" part, but Kara is Kara. The way she aired her grievances, albeit inappropriate and less than tactful, seemed fairly in-character to me. She is not the type who would go to Dad for an heart-to-heart (but who is?) -- and one hopes one day she will mature enough to do that -- for now, she feels strongly about something and she is going to voice it.

As for the eulogy itself, I'm just glad someone remembered the positive attributes of Cain. Was she a good leader at times such as this? Absolutely not. But, at the end, she did embrace her humanity. She "looked death in the eye, did not flinch, ... did not give up" -- that much was still true. Unfortunately, that didn't even occur to me till Kara brought it up. I think too often we judge people by "what have you done for me lately." And by distancing ourselves from the "crazies" we feel somehow immune to their particular brand of human frailty.

Originally posted by Orion's Star
                Blah blah blah Lee blah blah blah that. Who cares about Lee? ...
                And one wonders why the poor guy comteplates suicide?

But Speakfire had a most excellent summary of Lee's issues.
                Originally posted by Speakfire
                Maybe Lee is having late stage Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I mean everyone on the shw has lost family, and on top of that, being saddled with the responsibility of being the CAG and having so many pilots loose their lives under him, Lee's had to shoot down a civilian ship that may have possibly been filled with 1300 people, done mutinous acts that directly oppose his only living relative, failed his best friend by not being there for her in an assassination he wholly opposes, and had one of the people he respects the most in life (Roslin) suddenly get bloodthirsty enough to go against every moral he believes in by ordering the assassination in the first place.
                Last edited by Liebestraume; 14 January 2006, 08:13 AM.
                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

This was a good ep.
                  Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Kara didn't have all the info when she said those words at Cain's funeral.

1) Cain did flinch when she didn't order her XO to take out Adama.

2) Kara didn't know about the Civilian fleet Cain abandoned. Kara's big time on going back to rescue the survivors on Caprica, it wouldn't have sat well with her that Cain strnded several hundred people.

Comment

Originally posted by grover
                      1) Cain did flinch when she didn't order her XO to take out Adama.
                      Perhaps we have different interpretation of "flinch" -- to me it means the inability to go through something even while fully knowing it must be done and having the intention of going through with it. Looks like Cain just changed her mind, for reasons we can only guess at.

2) Kara didn't know about the Civilian fleet Cain abandoned. Kara's big time on going back to rescue the survivors on Caprica, it wouldn't have sat well with her that Cain strnded several hundred people.
                      This could very well be true.

Comment

OK, how do you do the box quote stuff, I just tried it and got kicked off the site.

Methinks I did something wrong.

Comment

Omgomgomgomgomggomgomgogmogmogmg!

That's my reaction to the episode. I was all teary-eyed at the end. It's been a loooong time since a show did that to me!

BSG rawks.

Comment

OK, how do you do the box quote stuff, I just tried it and got kicked off the site.

Methinks I did something wrong.
                            Just click the "QUOTE" button at the bottom (of the post that you wnat to quote) and then out comes test that reads like "[QUOTE =grover etc." Scroll to the end and start typing ...

You probably need to turn off your Popup Blocker, though.

Comment

Such damn good TV... So well done..... Need more Galactica!

I really have no damn clue how they are going to top these three episodes ("Pegasus", "Resurrection Ship 1 and 2").

I have no words to describe how good this episode was and how much I am now looking forward to the rest of this season.
                              sigpic
                              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Good ep I am glad Adama backeddown thats not a good position to take.
                                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                                X