Clear All

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
    They ain't Cylon is my prediction.
    Ron Moore has made it very clear that they are, in fact, Cylons, but that
    Spoiler:
    we will have to change our view of what it means to be a Cylon

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
      Yes, and according to a recent KS interview - Starbuck is dead and she is not clear (or won't reveal) what incarnation Kara Thrace will portray in S4.

Starbuck, in the flesh, will not be strolling the halls of Galactica; she will exist only in the mind of Lee Adama.

How many times can the writers recycle this plot line in the SAME series??
      That's not true, it's a possiblity but Moore might go another way.

I hope she isn't just in his head.

Comment

I think that Kara is a cylon that was built by the 13th colony on Earth. Think about it, there are 12 colonies and 12 cylon models, what if the 13th one had built their own version of cylon that was more of a friend to them than the 12 colonies version of cylons. That means that when Starbuck died, she was downloaded to earth and then given a new viper (with a FTL drive) and sent to bring the fleet to earth.

It's just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
          Sad you shouldn't make assumptions with out facts.
          And neither should you.

For all we know the humanoid Cylons could have been around during the First Cylon War but nobody knew about them.

Or these "final five" Cylons are much older, possibly created by the 13th Colony and not by the humans in the 12 Colonies.

Who knows, maybe both the Cylons and humans were made by the 13th Colony. Perhaps the Cylons were created first, and the humans created as a test for the Cylons. The humans were made by the 13th Colony to see if the Cylons were mature enough to meet their creators. Considering the Cylons tried to kill all the humans, maybe they failed this test?

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            Beer anyone? *holds out beer*
            Yes, thanks. Can I have a case?

---

I'm torn between wanting Starbuck to only be a hallucination and... well... wanting Starbuck to be a hallucination.

That didn't make sense. Let me try again:

I don't know if I want Starbuck to be for Lee of the same ilk as Six and Baltar are for each other. I thought I did. Now I'm not sure. I may want Starbuck to be a different kind of hallucination, one provided for Lee - since, after all, "Adama is a Cylon."

Whatever Starbuck is, I desperately hope she's physically dead.
            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Sincewe now know about the 11 models out of the twelve I think it is a safe bet to say that the 12th cylon will be revealed to be the first of the species and so is the cylon god.

Comment

Well if it turns out that Starbuck is a cylon then the original will be physically dead since this one will be a copy. Plus if season 4 is the last season of the show as RDM has hinted, then this will be a good plot for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by "X" View Post
                  I think that Kara is a cylon that was built by the 13th colony on Earth. Think about it, there are 12 colonies and 12 cylon models, what if the 13th one had built their own version of cylon that was more of a friend to them than the 12 colonies version of cylons. That means that when Starbuck died, she was downloaded to earth and then given a new viper (with a FTL drive) and sent to bring the fleet to earth.

It's just a thought.

Look closely to the Viper Kara/Starbuck is flying/ridding in at the end of Crossroads Part II. If anyone has seen the old Battlestar Galactical series lightbulbs should be going off because she is driving a pretty much exact replica of the Viper flown in the 1978-79 series. Look at teh striping on the Viper as well as the shape of the Viper's cockpit window. Though I have to admit it's a little modernized, I don't ever recalling seeing this viper in any of New BattleStar Galactica's series. If you can go to the end of Crossroads Part II and compare it with Lee Adama's Viper, even though his is dirty you will see a very different model of vipers and the shape of both vipers. Not to mention the striping and such.

So where am I going with all of this? Good question. Perhaps this is pay homage in some respect to the old series? Likely. And just perhaps by paying homage of something old it is perhaps tying in, to Earth, from wence Kara claims she has been and just perhaps how she has a nice shinny, but old style looking viper akin to that of Battlestar Galactica circa 1978. I know it's a stretch and I am making too much out of it but. That's what I first gathered when I originally saw it. My other though was damn Kara's a Cylon, because in Malestrom we all saw her Viper get crushed due to the gravitational forces.

Now I read some where that the reason that this ship is so shinny and new is to symbolically show like in the originally series when Starbuck and apollo had the white uniforms that there where higher beings/Angels but could not be seen by the others. And perhaps with all the stuff with the in the head tie in's with 6 and Baltar, that perhaps that Lee can only see Starbuck because she is allowing herself to be seen and she just like the orginal starbuck in the 1978 series has crossed over.

There are a lot of plot lines, ideas and theories that one can get into but. If one has watched all of the Old battlestar 1978 series and has kept up with this Newer incarnation of the series, one can see direct correlations and spin-off's from the old series. And yes Gene Larson is a consulting Producer for the show, you can see that in the credits each week Battlestar Galactica runs.

ok pheww... first post, long time Gateworld reader.

P.S. This is on another string but the reason why Battlestar, sg-1 and atlantis has been taking a hit is I believe the messed up the mojo of Sci-fi Friday's and the cohesiveness of great programming. I still believe Sg-1 would be still going if that was the case. Though I do realize it is time to move on. I think Battlestar has sufered as a result of the moving the shows around and of course these attrocious breaks with-in the seasons and between the seasons for both the Battlestar Galactica franchise and Stargate. I also think that those that watch Sg-1/Atlantis crossover and stay to watch Battlestar and this had hurt the ratings a little. Anyways. I'll end for now.

TheChosen1

Comment

How about Crossroads Part II?

Man, what a way to wrap up the season. The music there in the final 5-10 mins of the show really highlighted and accenuated the drama and it really hit home. Anyone else feel this. I think this was one of the best Battlestar Galactica episodes, ever(For the new series that is)

TheChosen1

Comment

I agree, I thought the music fit in perfectly as they are all about to die, if not for the grace of God.
                      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                        Look closely to the Viper Kara/Starbuck is flying/ridding in at the end of Crossroads Part II. If anyone has seen the old Battlestar Galactical series lightbulbs should be going off because she is driving a pretty much exact replica of the Viper flown in the 1978-79 series. Look at teh striping on the Viper as well as the shape of the Viper's cockpit window. Though I have to admit it's a little modernized, I don't ever recalling seeing this viper in any of New BattleStar Galactica's series. If you can go to the end of Crossroads Part II and compare it with Lee Adama's Viper, even though his is dirty you will see a very different model of vipers and the shape of both vipers. Not to mention the striping and such.

Nah. She's driving a Mk. II Viper, they've been around since the mini. They were
                        specifically designed to hearken back to the original series, but they aren't anything new to the reimagined. Believe me, I know every curve of that ship. *swoon*

Lee's in a Mk. VII. No striping to begin with...a much less attractive ship in my personal opinion.

Starbuck's is shiny because it's new/imagined/(reason yet to be revealed). Also of note is the lack of a nameplate under the cockpit?
                        Last edited by DeltaWhiskey; 29 March 2007, 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
                        "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

OK,
                          So forgive me if I'm repeating anything thats already been quoted (And the fact that I'm knew to this), but is it not odd how Baltar is looking more like Jesus as every episode goes on....

Comment

...Anyway, I was quite happy to sit here reading all your comments without the urge to reply, until I read a suggestion that season 4 may be the last....NNNNooooooo. Its an odd thing they've done with this episode, because your kind of left feeling like a bit of the magic has gone knowing that they are on Earths doorstep. Dont get me wrong, the show is simply AWESOME in every way possible, story line, effects and the actors who are just PURE CLASS, but please ....lets not see any dressing up in baseball outfits and jumping up in trees having just flown a motorbike over the city in season 4.....naaa, they wouldnt do that would they.

BEST SHOW ON TELLY....LOVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by SplashDown View Post
                              OK,
                              So forgive me if I'm repeating anything thats already been quoted (And the fact that I'm knew to this), but is it not odd how Baltar is looking more like Jesus as every episode goes on....
                              I've mentioned this in other threads... I doubt if RDM is going anywhere in that direction, but it might simply be to draw parralels (kinda) between the two.

Comment

That may have been the best season ender of all time, certainly the best episode I've seen of this season. (Granted, I haven't seen all of them, but it was still amazing)
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X