Crossroads, Part 2 (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few questions...

I'm lucky enough to have the itunes season pass for the show, so the day after I had the last show of season 3 downloaded automatically onto my computer...

After many watchings of the last 10 minutes of "Crossroads 2" I have the following questions:

Lee sees an "unknown" on his dradis...he follows it. No one else in the alert viper squardron confirms this dradis contact...

Lee also looses this signal, AKA similar to what happened in the episode "Malestrom"

I personally do NOT think that Kara Thrace AKA Starbuck has returned in the "flesh" for season 4.

What I mean is, I think they will fight and win against the Cylons--or jump away closer to Earth after fending off the Cylons with Lee thinking Kara is right there and "alive"...

Once he lands...he'll discover Kara isn't there.

"Kara?! Kara?!"...."She was up there in the air with me! I'm telling you!"

She will now become "head starbuck" to Lee...Somehow from beyond the grave she will become akin to "head 6" and "head baltar"...

Notice how shiny and new her MK II viper is (without her call sign on it)...???

Let's think metaphysical and in the "vein" of what the writers have already done...She's SUPPOSED to go to the place "between life and death"...perhaps she's there now and has come back to the ONE person she knows can HANDLE having her in his head--which is LEE.

Man these writers are way, way to obvious after multiple watchings. . .
    SO SAY WE ALL
    sigpic

Comment

she is
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Did starbuck in the '70's BSG die, meet the Lord of Cobol, and then they sent him back in a ship back to galactica. Maybe this is their version of that.

If that is true Giaus is looking alot like lord Ibis.

Comment

Oh come on did anyone really believe they'd kill the Starbuck charactor off

Comment

Well, the title of this thread is completely spoiler-free.

Beer anyone? *holds out beer*
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that those four are Cylons? Moore has said so over and over again in interviews after "Crossroads Part 2". They ARE in fact Cylons only different. Can we now move on with the discussion, because it is fruitless. It is as if someone stubbornly refuses to believe that the world is round.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                Oh come on did anyone really believe they'd kill the Starbuck charactor off
                Yes, and according to a recent KS interview - Starbuck is dead and she is not clear (or won't reveal) what incarnation Kara Thrace will portray in S4.

Starbuck, in the flesh, will not be strolling the halls of Galactica; she will exist only in the mind of Lee Adama.

How many times can the writers recycle this plot line in the SAME series??

Comment

Reminds me of the original series when they thought Apollo and Starbuck were dead (they had the white uniforms)

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
                    For all we know Tigh could be cylon #1 so I wouldn't get hung up on the term "Final five". We also don't know when the human looking Cylons were created or even who created them. Might have been humans... "This has all happened before and it will happen again".
                    I just thought "Final Five" was in reference to the other Cylons we hadn't seen, and that the other Cylons hadn't seen, because they were some kind of Ancient type of Cylons. Something in the sense of they weren't "created" last, but weren't around and present as the other 7... hence Final Five.

Am I making any sense?

Comment

i don't think that the podcast for crossroads 2 is up. I"ve been checking the scifi site all week and there's nothing.

one thing people keep referring to are magazine interviews wehre RDM confirms that the 4 ARE really cylons
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                        Why is it so hard for some people to accept that those four are Cylons? Moore has said so over and over again in interviews after "Crossroads Part 2". They ARE in fact Cylons only different. Can we now move on with the discussion, because it is fruitless. It is as if someone stubbornly refuses to believe that the world is round.
                        Agreed. RDM did say that Tori, Tigh, Sam and Tyrol are Cylons, but different... meaning they are possibly not like the other seven. None of us know what that means.

Anyway... moving on...

Brilliant episode. Jaw dropped from Baltar's "Not Guilty" verdict (Although I could see it coming) from Tori, Tigh, Sam and Tyrol finding out that they were Cylons, and the return of Starbuck.

Those freaky people who made off with Baltar... they were scary... who were they?

Anyway...awesome episode, can't wait for season 4... even though its next year

Comment

I think the first season stocker was a bit more of a cliffhanger but to be honest its a good ep it does what every season closer should do leave you wanting more. And the music at the end just set the mood that something crazy it going on so while I expect that the season four to start with more of a whimper than a bang that doesn't mean this isn't a good ep on its own.
                          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

[QUOTE=Shipperahoy;6490378] I have issues with Tigh being a Cylon because he fought in the first Cylon war with Adama so the timing just doesn't make sense.
                            QUOTE]

Think back, Adama did not meet Tigh unti AFTER the war. They were both civilians when they met.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal View Post
                              I think the first season stocker was a bit more of a cliffhanger ...
                              Word. It would be difficult to be more cliffhanger-y than seeing the Commander lying below the DRADIS console bleeding, having been shot by Boomer. There was more of a sense of immediate doom than there was with Starbuck saying "Let's go to Earth!"

IMO.

---

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my deep, profound and abiding love for Romo Lampkin.
                              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InterestingMonster View Post
                                Hmmm...maybe Tigh was so quick to accept his Cylon-hood because under that patch his eye has regenerated?
                                No, I meant there will be a point (at the beginning of season 4, I'd wager), whereby he 'dies' and downloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X