Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking A Break From All Your Worries (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I saw Tyrol, but I'm probably wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypressure View Post
      I think the best part was finding out one of the final five, but I noticed nobody talked about it yet. Should I not discuss?

If anything, we found out that the Galactica has the ultimate Cylon detector, but they're not using it. Chief Tyrol.
      Huh????? We didn't find out about any of the final five.....or a cylon detector.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hypressure View Post
        It's not a stupid football game, it's the Super Bowl. Sorry Mod. A lot of us DO like to watch sports.
        some of you may. But i don't. And it'd be cool, if the other networks even TRIED to accomodate those of us that don't buy into the overpaid, hyped up mess that is professional sports.

Air the sports, that's fine, but it's no fun that the other networks just cop out and stick on re-runs. It's like they want to force you to watch the sports.

i guess things could be worse. moving bsg to sun could have meant that it'd be perpetually delayed by sports over run. That's one way to kill a show for sure.. Preempt it on a weekly basis.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

With the Lee/Starbuck thing aside, this episode kicked ass. I loved the baltar interrigation. I love how Gaeta blew up on him after what he said to him. I cant wait for the next couple episodes.
          Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i guess things could be worse. moving bsg to sun could have meant that it'd be perpetually delayed by sports over run. That's one way to kill a show for sure.. Preempt it on a weekly basis.
            I think that was one of the things that killed Space: Above & Beyond. That and it got shuffled around a lot, anyway. But as I recall even the premiere of the series was delayed because of a damn football game. And since I'd set my VCR it meant I missed the last 20 minutes of the pilot ep. MASSIVELY frustrating.

So yes, there are worse things than being preempted in advance.

Comment

some of you may. But i don't. And it'd be cool, if the other networks even TRIED to accomodate those of us that don't buy into the overpaid, hyped up mess that is professional sports.

Air the sports, that's fine, but it's no fun that the other networks just cop out and stick on re-runs. It's like they want to force you to watch the sports.

It is 1 game that over 95 million people watch in the states. No TV shows will have good ratings going against that, so the stations dont air. ONCE a year.
              Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

Great episode. I always enjoy the Baltar stuff.

Best moment was when he hung himself and thought he had downloaded into a new Cylon body, then the Sixes start to scratch him and he says something like, "That's a little rough actually.", classic.

Comment

the stupid football game
                  BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!

You insult the holiest of holy days!!!
                  Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

lol i wonder if adama and rosslin now think gaeta might be a cylon considering this recent actions?

Comment

My thoughts, in no particular order:

--Directed by Edward James Olmos. YOU GO, DUDE!!!
                      --Nice little fake-out download at the beginning. Come on - Baltar isn't going to be a cylon! It would let him off the hook for his part in the near extinction of the human race!
                      --The shouting match between Roslin and Baltar was *great*. I gotta say, I thought Roslin would never get around to accusing Baltar of taking part in the attack on the colonies. I was sorry we didn't get any Caprica Six in the episode, though I did see the little teaser after the episode. (Caprica TOTALLY called Roslin on her promise not to put her out the airlock. Sweet!)
                      --I found out the episode title after I had watched the episode. Neat little nod to Cheers in an episode where half the scenes are in a bar.
                      --I think there was one post that said, "it's a love rectangle - what's up with the made up words". Actually, quadrangle is a real word. It's a plane figure having four angles and therefore four sides. The distinction being that a rectangle is a four-sided plane figure with four right angles. And personally, I feel that the relationships between the four parties are anything but equal (or right), so the less specific word - quadrangle - seems more appropriate to me. And I just like describing it as a quadrangle. But to reiterate what at least one other person has posted as well - this quadrangle needs to DIE!
                      --One more thought about the quadrangle - even though I really want it to end, I was glad it wasn't going to be as simple as Sam and Dee letting their spouses go. But can it end? Soon? PLEASE?!?!
                      --What is up with Tyrol and Callie?!?! I don't think we've ever seen them fighting or disagreeing. Was that just to show that someone other than the FRAKKED-UP-FOUR are having relationship issues? To give Lee someone to commiserate with since he can't have any kind of "normal" conversation with Dee, Kara or Sam? Perhaps I should give the writers the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps we shall find out there is more to Tyrol than we know and the whole Eye of Jupiter incident was the catalyst. And it has caused some kind of rift in Tyrol's marriage. Maybe. I'm gonna be pulling for that possibility.
                      --My hopes for the next episode - Caprica scenes. (As someone else pointed out - does Baltar even know she is on board as well? Won't that be an interesting surprise when they are finally face to face.) To know what Baltar said to Gaeta to make him stab him. And the fate of Hera. Is the baby healthy now? Will the news about the half-cylon child leak?
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

[ To know what Baltar said to Gaeta to make him stab him. And the fate of [/QUOTE]

In the podcast RDM mentions that there were discussions about a subplot which involved Baltar being guilty of direct involvement in an incident on New Caprica in which Saggitarons were killed. RDM said that Baltar tells Gaeta, that he will implicate him in that incident (Baltar whispers this threat in Gaeta's ear) and that this is what makes Gaeta decide to attack Baltar.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
                          In the podcast RDM mentions that there were discussions about a subplot which involved Baltar being guilty of direct involvement in an incident on New Caprica in which Saggitarons were killed. RDM said that Baltar tells Gaeta, that he will implicate him in that incident (Baltar whispers this threat in Gaeta's ear) and that this is what makes Gaeta decide to attack Baltar.
                          How frakkin evil of Baltar.....He just gets more and more desperate if he plans on implicating an (so far apparently) innocent person. Go Gaeta!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Die you stupid shippy quadrangle, DIE. Lee, you're such a waste of space.
                            IMO it's Starbuck who's screwing up the storyline - as usual, when she's on board galactica. her incongruous presence doesn't belong on that ship (only messes things up, storywise. at best it adds nothing of substance), she belongs in a raptor dogfighting the raiders. there at least she's of some use, both to the human race & to the show. her usefulness is as a pilot, not a full-blown "crewmember"
                            so let the writers either put her back out there in space, otherwise just have her spaced out :|

Comment

i agree. the quadrangle needs to die. a quick death. If iwere dee, i'd be kicking lee out on his tushie - cute tushie that it is. Heck, even if you ignore hte mental cheating, he was ready willing and able to shag starbuck...or was it the other wy around? she wouldn't divorce the man that she doesn't care about, one way or the other.

i think the only good thing that could come out of this mess is the speculation
                              Spoiler:
                              that anders is a toaster. that would frak with kara's head so much
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

bah I'm with Lee on this one

(Dee's the real heartbreaker - remember poor ole Billy? well now she has some idea how he felt. good job Lee -)

Comment

Working...
                                X