Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking A Break From All Your Worries (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is no eps next week becaue of the super bowl and everyone else is so afraid that the stupid football game will 'win' that they won't even try to put something else on for those of us that don't like sports to watch.

I'll jsut stick a tape or dvd in and to heck with them
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just a mod reminder, y'all can put up/link to that extra scene, but linking to/discussing downloading the actual episode is a no-no.

sigpic

Comment

That Baltar part of the episode was great, but the rest was dreadful. The whole Lee/Dee/Starbuck/Anders issue is too damn soap operish for me. They could have cut out most of that and had the same result.

I for one would like to know how Hera is? That would have been a better way to spend some screen time. Or How about Caprica Six? How about the Cylon reaction to Caprica Six leaving and the whole issue with Athena taking Hera back? They could have also shown how the cylons are dealing with the boxing of #3.

Less action/sci fi and more soap opera issues = falling ratings.
        WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii View Post

I for one would like to know how Hera is?
          I think we will find out in the next episode in two weeks which, I think will deal with the Civilians. I think it is the next episode. It will also be Helo-centric
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by unruhbrady View Post
            Nope. Didn't get all that. Just the first 30 seconds at the end of the show last night. Too bad they didn't include it as apparently they did have time. In fact they could have cut out some of the "love quadrangle" if necessary.

I do hope this puts an end to it. I think Lee did the honorable thing, I just hope that he sticks with it and quits pining for Kara. And Anders, geez. What a nice guy. Kara doesn't deserve him, not at all. Maybe, now she'll appreciate what she's got.

Loved the other story going on though. Roslin and Adama were fantastic in the interrogation of Baltar. And Gaius is truly a tortured soul. Kudos to all three actors for a stellar performance.

And I loved the little scene with Roslin/Adama with her lying down and him sitting next to her. Such a nice, soft, easy ship. Nothing in your face, it's just there.

Hoping that in two weeks, the quadrangle is completely over and we can get back to Battlestar Galactica.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii View Post
              result.

I for one would like to know how Hera is? That would have been a better way to spend some screen time. Or How about Caprica Six? How about the Cylon reaction to Caprica Six leaving and the whole issue with Athena taking Hera back? They could have also shown how the cylons are dealing with the boxing of #3.

Was thinking the same thing.....agreed.
              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I was actually relieved that they didn't spend more time on the romantic quad story after seeing last week's preview. Amazingly, that ad ignored the Baltar interrogation, which was the main storyline of the episode. Actually, it's not surprising, as the romantic side would probably draw ratings I guess.

As far as the bonus scene, it might be designed to draw hits to scifi.com. But I think the main reason is to entice viewers to watch the show live instead of on TIVO or another DVR. They placed the clip from the scene at 10:00 CST, which means viewers who set their DVR for an hour would miss it. I was watching it at the time and would have programmed an extra few minutes to be safe, but not all viewers probably did this.

This is similar to the "exclusive online content" they've offered on Friday nights for live viewers that was not accessible for people catching up with it later on DVR. Just a thought.

Overall, the episode was solid, probably a B or B+, largely due to the Baltar interrogation and great work from Callis, Olmos, and McDonnell. The actors in the quad storyline were fine, but it just feels like they're dragging it out too much. Either split them up for good and stop showing it, or bring Starbuck and Adama together, please?

Cheers!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dec55 View Post
                  Was thinking the same thing.....agreed.
                  i think everyone agrees about that ... it was overboard this episode and still isn't over ...

argh .... why, why, oh why? there are so many interesting stories to follow and we get this garbage ...
                  VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Anyone else notice how amazing the music in this episode was? (especially during the switch between Baltar's interrogation and Lee/Dee/Kara/Anders). And actually, throughout the entire episode.

Also must say that the performances between the love-shape-thing were good enough that it wasn't as unbearable this week (I thought Kandyse McClure especially did a good job with the material she was given).

Comment

Minor question... I've (still) only been able to see the first half of Rapture... does Baltar have any idea that Caprica is on Galactica? If not, and if she testifies at his trial, Baltar will be in for a shocker.

Also, I thoroughly despise the love quad, but I don't think it's going to disappear yet. I mean, this big build-up, and then everything suddenly goes back to "normal?"

Comment

To: Ron Moore
                        CC: David Eick

Subject: Episode 312 (Taking a break from all your worries)

Sincerely
                        Titans
                        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Temp2 View Post
                          Minor question... I've (still) only been able to see the first half of Rapture... does Baltar have any idea that Caprica is on Galactica? If not, and if she testifies at his trial, Baltar will be in for a shocker.
                          nope. he was unconscious at the time and should have no idea that six is there

sigpic

Comment

I think the best part was finding out one of the final five, but I noticed nobody talked about it yet. Should I not discuss?

If anything, we found out that the Galactica has the ultimate Cylon detector, but they're not using it. Chief Tyrol.

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post

As far as the bonus scene, it might be designed to draw hits to scifi.com. But I think the main reason is to entice viewers to watch the show live instead of on TIVO or another DVR. They placed the clip from the scene at 10:00 CST, which means viewers who set their DVR for an hour would miss it. I was watching it at the time and would have programmed an extra few minutes to be safe, but not all viewers probably did this.

This is similar to the "exclusive online content" they've offered on Friday nights for live viewers that was not accessible for people catching up with it later on DVR. Just a thought.

Dan
                              yes, they are so desperate for ratings that they'll 'bribe' people to watch. not only the things at the end - which serves the dual purpose of hopefully getting you to hang on long enough to watch dresden files, but with their 'exclusive content'

the next thing i'm expecting is cross promotion with heroes on nbc, exclusive previews in dresden files and possible the ECW

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                there is no eps next week becaue of the super bowl and everyone else is so afraid that the stupid football game will 'win' that they won't even try to put something else on for those of us that don't like sports to watch.
                                It's not a stupid football game, it's the Super Bowl. Sorry Mod. A lot of us DO like to watch sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X