Collaborators (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    you still have to dispose of the body. and you run the risk of someone hearing the shot and becoming an inadvertant witness.

spacing both kills and disposes of the body

the one plot hole...no one in CIC noticed the viper tube doors being opened? i would kinda think there'd be a record of that and safeguards against it
    Well I don't think it's that big a hole. CIC is still under heavy repairs, in fact Gaeta was brought in to restore computers which probably mean the logs are all jumbled if they existed at all.

Also there were only two executions by that method. If anyone was looking they'd probably just think it's a glitched light...

Comment

the one plot hole...no one in CIC noticed the viper tube doors being opened? i would kinda think there'd be a record of that and safeguards against it
      Maybe it doesn't show up on CIC monitors, although you'd think it would. When I saw the scene, I immediately thought that the officer of the watch in CIC was complicite with what was happening, as well as whoever was supposed to be on watch on the flight deck...

Spoiler:
      "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
      ---Bill Adama

Comment

I imagine there'd be Viper launch tubes on both sides of the ship. Perhaps they were using the ones on the other side of Galactica, near where the museum was built. Perhaps those unused tubes wouldn't be monitored.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One View Post
          I imagine there'd be Viper launch tubes on both sides of the ship. Perhaps they were using the ones on the other side of Galactica, near where the museum was built. Perhaps those unused tubes wouldn't be monitored.
          Actually, no, at least not Jammer. External shot clearly shows him going out the port side.

Spoiler:
          "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
          ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
            She didn't actually skirt around the election process, technically Adama did by making it clear to Zarek that he wouldn't have the backing of the military.
            Both Adama and Roslin did. Each scratching the other’s back. Adama was never too concerned with upholding the democratic ideals of the Colonies, especially right after the attacks in the mini and on through season one.

Zarek took the most expedient way out, by resigning in exchange for a "consideration". Her offer of the vice presidency was generous, given their past history, although I'm afraid it's going to come back and bite her.....assuming that she goes through with it, of course.
            Well the Quorum votes on the VP so even if she doesn’t nominate Zarek, someone else could, but I think they are going to go through with having Zarek as VP somehow to make for an interesting story.

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
            The limit in the US is 10 years total. If you are a vice president and a president dies less than two years into his term, the remaining time in his term is considered your first term, and you can only run for re-election once. If the president dies two years and one day into his term, you serve out the rest of his, and than can run for re-election twice.
            Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking there might be more to it and should have gone on and looked it up to make sure.

Unless i'm mistaken they haven't given us a length of Colonial presidential terms or if they are termlimited though.
            I don’t think they have either, but it’d be nice if they’d eventually tell us.

Originally posted by CaraRose View Post
            Can you really have a true democracy in a situation like this?
            I think that's one of the central questions of the show that has yet to be answered and that RDM wants the audience to have to think about.
            Agreed. I’ve thought about it several times, mostly during the first season and especially when Roslin used Starbuck against Adama to steal the Raider to retrieve the arrow resulting in Roslin getting tossed in the brig and the eventual split in the fleet. I sided with Adama and the military. Plus after the fleet split, I would have rather lived under military rule and protection than be ruled by democratic values and no military protection.

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
            well there also was something in the us constitution i dont remember where that says that a president or its administration cant change during a time of war despite anykind of term limits
            Pretty sure I’ve never heard that one before. The U.S. has had several elections during war time. People just tend to stick to the leader they know than the one they don’t.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Both Adama and Roslin did. Each scratching the other’s back. Adama was never too concerned with upholding the democratic ideals of the Colonies, especially right after the attacks in the mini and on through season one.
              That's why I said "technically" - I don't think anyone has any doubt that Roslin was complicite in Adama's actions.

And on the democracy front, I still think you can have a true democracy in the situation they're in, the question becomes is it in the best interest of the remainder of humanity (because democracies are unfortunately not immune to making stupid decisions), and who has the right to decide what is in humanity's best interest. It's a hell of a choice....

Spoiler:
              ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                Maybe it doesn't show up on CIC monitors, although you'd think it would. When I saw the scene, I immediately thought that the officer of the watch in CIC was complicite with what was happening, as well as whoever was supposed to be on watch on the flight deck...
                i guess my point was, there were 13 murders. 2 on galactica, 11 elsewhere. there has to be a paper trail. communiations, travels, orders.

either the circle traveled about and committed every one of those murders on thier own, or there are circle members on other ships that are complicit in the murders.

my point is, it's not a secret. too many people know and too many could notice. whether or not this comes back to haunt adama and roslyn, time will tell, but theoretically it could.

evidence is out there, if someone just looks for it...thus everone that was hunting the collaborators...were collaborators themselves. they collaborated in the murder of 13 people they believed to be the enemy, often with no proof beyond rumors and stories

Kinda like the cylons did when they rounded people up back on new caprica
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i guess my point was, there were 13 murders. 2 on galactica, 11 elsewhere. there has to be a paper trail. communiations, travels, orders.

either the circle traveled about and committed every one of those murders on thier own, or there are circle members on other ships that are complicit in the murders.

my point is, it's not a secret. too many people know and too many could notice. whether or not this comes back to haunt adama and roslyn, time will tell, but theoretically it could.

evidence is out there, if someone just looks for it
                  Oh I think you're right on that, definitely. There were certainly people outside "The Circle" that were involved. And they did mention in the epi about contacting someone on another ship about an execution they needed done.

EDIT: Probably doesn't hurt to remember that 95% of the people in the fleet were down on NC, so there's likely to be a lot of sympathy, if not outright support, for what "The Circle" was doing.

Spoiler:
                  ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                    well there also was something in the us constitution i dont remember where that says that a president or its administration cant change during a time of war despite anykind of term limits
                    There is no such thing. We have elections in the middle of wars. We had an election in the middle of a civil war even, which is something that is quite rare.

Comment

Galactica's still heavily damaged. Also, they had the Chief with them so he probably knew the way around such things.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Oh I think you're right on that, definitely. There were certainly people outside "The Circle" that were involved. And they did mention in the epi about contacting someone on another ship about an execution they needed done.

EDIT: Probably doesn't hurt to remember that 95% of the people in the fleet were down on NC, so there's likely to be a lot of sympathy, if not outright support, for what "The Circle" was doing
                        i'm sure some do.

of course, if Jammer's mother is in the people, she's likely to have a different point of view. And so would the family members of any of the 13 victims.

i can understand zarek was doing. there's a need for justice meshed with revenge and who knows how many cylons they could have evacuated with them, so there's that fear as well

but his little circle was ultimately only going to tear the refugees apart. peopel will start to fear being named and will name others and it coudl go to the point of being mob rule or a near civil war as the refugees turn on each other out of fear.

In one way, i can see what he wanted to do. round ou the 'baddies' and isolate them from the 'good' survivors. But how the circle was doing it was wrong. People were convicted and executed on pretty much circumstantial evidence

In him doing what he did, he removed the possibility of there ever being a real justice. roslyn made the only choice she could make under the circumstances and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out and if it comes back to haunt either of them
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It probably will....RDM's not gonna pass up an opportunity this juicy, is he.....

Spoiler:
                          ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh View Post
                            It's interesting that choose airlocking as a form of execution. How quick and painless is it? Would it have been more humane to shoot them in the head?

Count me in as another person whose esteem of Gaeta rose with this episode. I liked that he didn't beg. Felt for Jammer as he died, poor man.
                            More than likely immediately freeze to death or explode.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

There is no such thing. We have elections in the middle of wars. We had an election in the middle of a civil war even, which is something that is quite rare.
                              I think you may be thinking about the suspension of Habeas Corpus. Which President Lincoln did during the Civil War and which the Supreme Court found unconstitutional.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

evidence is out there, if someone just looks for it...thus everone that was hunting the collaborators...were collaborators themselves. they collaborated in the murder of 13 people they believed to be the enemy, often with no proof beyond rumors and stories

Kinda like the cylons did when they rounded people up back on new caprica
                                I don't think it's a huge stretch of the imagination to think that no one noticed a paper trail. It had only been three days since the fleet got back together, meaning everything is still in chaos, people are still trying to sort out living space on ships, raptors are probably making multiple trips ferrying civilians off of Galactica, and other Galactica crew members back to Galactica from whatever ships they may have ended up on during the exodus, not to mention all of the supply runs and inventory jobs that must be going on between the ships behind the scenes. They're probably not even filling out paper work for all this stuff, just the sheer number of calls that have to be made between the ships over this time period is huge. There will be a lot of people cutting corners to get through it all as quickly as possible so that they can settle down. Makes for the ideal oppertunity for illigal/questionable activity (like The Circle), and if I had a cylon sleeper agent in the fleet, this is when I'd get that agent into position for whatever their op is, long or short term.

Comment

Working...
                                X