Collaborators (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foxhound22 View Post
    I think you may be thinking about the suspension of Habeas Corpus. Which President Lincoln did during the Civil War and which the Supreme Court found unconstitutional.
    No, I mean elections. The earlier poster was talking about how presidential administrations can't change during war. And they can. There was an election during 1864 between Abraham Lincoln and George McCellen. In the US democracy goes on despite wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
      No, I mean elections. The earlier poster was talking about how presidential administrations can't change during war. And they can. There was an election during 1864 between Abraham Lincoln and George McCellen. In the US democracy goes on despite wars.
      You are correct. I thought the earlier poster was confusing the two concepts.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the one plot hole...no one in CIC noticed the viper tube doors being opened? i would kinda think there'd be a record of that and safeguards against it
        PLOT HOLE #2 What happenned to all the Vipers? Lee left the Vipers guarding the civilian fleet when he rescued the Galactica so the hanger bays should have been maxed out. They were empty for several scenes throughout the episode. Where did they go?

Last edited by THSEX1138; 29 October 2006, 05:26 PM.
        "And you ask why?"

Comment

it takes you about 4-5 minutes to die when you're spaced. takes your brain that long to die from lack of O2

even as cold as it is, i don't think you freeze that fast

you'll be conscious - at least for a bit - trying to breathe but there's nothing there

hanging can be much faster if the place the knot right and your neck breaks at c1 or c2
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by THSEX1138 View Post
            PLOT HOLE #2 What happenned to all the Vipers? Lee left the Vipers guarding the civilian fleet when he rescued the Galactica so the hanger bays should have been maxed out. They were empty for several scenes throughout the episode. Where did they go?

Still parked on the ships where he left them when he went to go rescue Galactica would be my guess. It's only been one or two days, they may not have had time to relocate them, although a better guess might be that Galactica can't accomodate them until the starboard flight deck is up and running. I think the scenes we are seeing are of the starboard flight deck (makes sense to hold their "trials" where they won't be disturbed), but it looks as though the executions take place out of the port launch tubes, leading me to suspect that the starboard launch tubes aren't functional.

Spoiler:
            "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
            ---Bill Adama

Comment

it takes you about 4-5 minutes to die when you're spaced. takes your brain that long to die from lack of O2

you'll be conscious - at least for a bit - trying to breathe but there's nothing there

hanging can be much faster if the place the knot right and your neck breaks at c1 or c2
              Actually, you'd go quite a bit quicker than that - it's not lack of oxygen or the cold that kills you, it's the depressurization. Relatively quick, although not instantaneous, very painful.....

Spoiler:
              "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
              ---Bill Adama

Comment

thsex, is there a reason you keep posting unrelated sig-type images in all of your posts? I have sigs turned off for a reason and you already HAVE a banner sig in your real sig, so why add a second one?

Oh, and on topic- depressurization sounds like a very nasty way to go. Poor Jammer.

Comment

Yep! The reason I do this is because there is an option that allows anyone on this forum who post a reply or message to insert images along with the message they post. Many posters enjoy these and I appreciate all the compliments I've received. Since you are not a Moderator I suggest you file a complaint with a Moderator and recommend the insert image option be removed! If your sigs are turned off how could you know I have one?
                  Last edited by THSEX1138; 29 October 2006, 03:33 PM.
                  "And you ask why?"

Comment

But with the pressure difference wouldn't you either implode or explode first?

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Yes. Refer to post #156, this thread.

EDIT: My thanks to SkyDiver, I didn't read the question carefully. The body doesn't explode per say (other than the eyes because they're fluid-filled), but blood cells will as they are fragile. Hence the capillaries bursting.
                      Last edited by Back40; 29 October 2006, 04:46 PM.

Spoiler:
                      ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                        Ah, see, that's where our impressions differ - I didn't get the impression that the round-up happened right on the heels of Duck's suicide bombing at all, but after there had been more than one such incident. My feeling was that there was a period of time elapsed between Duck "going BOOM" as you say, and the Cylon's decision to round up the key members of the insurgency. Lots of time for other temple raids and suicide bombings and background stuff to happen. And I'm not surprised they wouldn't show this second massacre in an episode if there was no key character we would recognize (like Duck's wife was in the webisode version). TPTB aren't given to showing repeated events - settle for showing one instance, then informing us of the other occurrences unless it is critical to the plot.
                        I just watched the season premier again, up to the point where Callie gets nabbed, and I didn't get that impression at all. Logically, it wouldn't make sense for the Cylons to wait any period of time before rounding up insurgents after the bombing. That's an act that calls for immediate retaliation. Furthermore, when Baltar confronts Laura in the prison cell, she mentions torture and round ups and people being detained... don't you think if she had a second Temple massacre to point out that that might be her opening volley?

There was simply no time for Jammer to be responsible for any incident other than what we saw in the first four episodes and I seriously doubt he went back to the NCP after the botched massacre in the hills.

I'm sorry, but the writing staff blew it when they came up with this Temple massacre to hang on his head. That lack of continuity from the websiodes ruined this episode for me.

Comment

the body doesn't explode. capillaries and such towards the surface of the skin do, but the body itself doesn't.

teh body will basically be freeze dried and mummified because of it and, theoretically, be preserved forever although i'm sure over the years it'll just fall apart as it kinda freezer burns to pieces
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That's a common misconception that's unfortunately spread by Hollywood amongst other things.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by grover View Post
                              Furthermore, when Baltar confronts Laura in the prison cell, she mentions torture and round ups and people being detained... don't you think if she had a second Temple massacre to point out that that might be her opening volley?
                              Perhaps....but unless I've forgotten, she didn't mention the first massacre either.

Spoiler:
                              ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                                That's a common misconception that's unfortunately spread by Hollywood amongst other things.
                                And of course you know how unprotected bodies react in space, because it happens all the time

Comment

Working...
                                X