Deadlock (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next ep:

The rival gang gets even bigger weapons, so Baltar has to ask Adama for rocket launchers. He gets back only to find the rival gang now has BFG9000's. He goes back to Adama to ask for nukes, but when he gets back he find that the rival gang now has black hole cannons.

And so on.
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by Xepla View Post
      As a female BSG fan, I would like to say that this episode made Ellen one of my favorite characters. This episode made her much more realistic and believable for me. YES, she is screwing things up.. but try to see it from her perspective. To be honest I would probably do the same thing.
      She has been in love with Tigh for thousands of years, and tried many times to get pregnant with his child with no luck. Now all of a sudden, one of her own creations-- one of her own "children" in her eyes, has gotten the one thing she always wanted in her relationship with Tigh? And she is just supposed to be OK with this and NOT freak out or make someone pay? I don't think so. Even though they thought she was dead.. frack them. Emotions of that magnitude are not so easily managed; Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
      You have to remember this feeling that Ellen is wrestling with the entire time... Betrayal of the worst degree.
      She cannot help but harass Six about it. In a really twisted way, Ellen knows that Tigh was only with Six because it reminded him of her. So Ellen taunts Six with this knowledge.. Makes Tigh say he loves Six when Ellen knows he doesn't. It's very twisted, but very realistic, from someone who knows first hand how wicked women can be when they are hurt.

quite right. And it is something that needed to happen.

Kobol was a human/cylon Colony. They separated and became 12 human, 1 cylon colonies on different worlds. Now they are starting again and are just beginning to realize it.

Any one else notice that Sam "died" when the caprica baby kicked, and when said baby died Sam came back. Maybe he had to download himself out of himself long enough for his body to heal. The cost was Tigh's kid.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post

quite right. And it is something that needed to happen.

Kobol was a human/cylon Colony. They separated and became 12 human, 1 cylon colonies on different worlds. Now they are starting again and are just beginning to realize it.

Any one else notice that Sam "died" when the caprica baby kicked, and when said baby died Sam came back. Maybe he had to download himself out of himself long enough for his body to heal. The cost was Tigh's kid.
        Maybe in some weird way, the baby downloaded into Sam's body? That's what I initally thought when I first saw it, then brushed it away. But...you just don't know with this whole Cylon resurrection thing.

One thing that struck me when I rewatched it was Ellen having the nerve to get mad at Saul because he entered into a relationship with Caprica after she was dead. Ellen had frakked her way through the fleet when she was alive and Saul had stayed true to her. And I'm not so sure that aspect of Ellen was programmed in by Cavil. After watching her with Saul, I begin to think it was all naturally her.
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post

That makes sense actually

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
            in order to break the cycle of destruction there needs to be a human/cylon fusion of civilisations... baltar's grouping is the antithesis to that... "I'm your last chance for a human solution" and "god loves you just the way you are" or whatever baltar said... he's a tool for whomever wants to keep humans and machines apart and at eachothers throats
            the angels are devils? could be, six always sounded like the one in the red pajamas.

Comment

I never liked Ellen. She had always been a selfish, adulterous little ***** and her being downloaded didn't help at all. What she has done to poor Carprica and Saul was so typical of her and made me like her even less (hell and I felt a bit sorry when she was killed by Saul). I hope Saul will dump her and stay with Caprica. She is the better woman.

The episode was a bit on the slow side. Better the last week but not as good as the episodes before that.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Adama is sure getting sloppy with his drinking. In the last two episodes he slobbers as much whiskey on himself as he gets into his mouth.

I thought it was odd in this this episode that Tyrol who seemed to be firmly on the side of the fleet decided to flip flop. Even at the beginning of this episode, he identified Boomer to Adama seemingly aware that she would get sent to the brig. He has always been on the side of the fleet, then suddenly he votes to leave?

This is a great show, but I am wondering if I watched the entire series from start to finish, just how consistent it would be.

Still very much looking forward to the last few eps. There is a lot left to tell, if in fact most of the loose ends will be tied up by the end of the series as RDM suggests.

Comment

this episode was quite boring and slow. But I loved Ellen, she was great
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Here is the watcher interview, pretty much a must read after episodes now

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....nson.html#more

Comment

"AND GUNS! MORE GUNS! BIGGER GUNS! BETTER GUNS! AND WHEN WE HAVE THOSE, WE WILL WIN!"

Ah, good ol' head-six-thru-Baltar oratory...

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        this episode was quite boring and slow. But I loved Ellen, she was great
                        I wonder if we're going to hear about the budget constraints again. It was still an interesting episode I thought, but it seems like the whole thing could have fit into 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                          You can't discount that Ellen is two different people really. She's Ellen from Earth and Ellen that Cavil created with false memories. So that's why she seems like two different people. All the anger she feels towards Tigh because he choose Adama over her, is coming from Cavil-Ellen. I hope that she does get back to the Ellen we saw last week, cool, calm, collected.
                          As suggested, she has two different memories from two different lives... before Cavil killed her and after Cavil resurrected her. Though even with the new memories I think the core Ellen would be what mostly drives her. Would Cavil seriously, trying to make his creators pay for making him in their image, set them up as husband and wife on the colonial worlds? He placed them into the colonies at different times to separate them, so I doubt he ever intended for them to wind up back together, yet some how Colonial Saul and Colonial Ellen met, fell (back) in love and married.

So for all her faults, the core elements that make her up are built into her personality, although there would have to be some messing around thanks to Cavil, and as mentioned by Arative that is what we see in the feelings she is expressing now. While in "No Exit" she seemed to have relaxed a little over the last eighteen months the rush of feelings from seeing her soul mate and then realising he had "moved on" and then finally realising not only had he moved on but he was having a child with what she considered her children, must have been just a little too much for her that she lost it a little and over-reacted and as much as I hated her in this episode for her *****iness, she probably handled it as well as anyone would suspect. Though what did count in the end was when the chips were down and Caprica Six was losing her baby, Ellens motherly, caring side shined through.

What I didn't like was how she reacted to Tigh when she found out he was to be a father with "their children" not because it was him but because they (the sixes) were the equivalent of their children. How was he to know? Unlike her, none of the others had gotten their full memories back. What will be interesting is to see how the other 4 handle things when/if they get their memories back and have both a mixture of old and new memories/personalities.

There was also some funny moments in there but the funniest would have to be Saul Tigh saying that his Grandfather had been a "power sander". That was pretty funny. Over-all not a bad episode, just a little slow.

Comment

After Last week I wasn't expecting a barn burner but I should be able to retire after the pace of this one. Looking at what we have seen of 4.5 so far its very uneven not sure if that is by design or just different writers having different approaches to scripts but as a whole Its left me wanting. And Dear goodness they must have been under time I mean how many times can Bill look up and be sad that his ship is getting fixed.

On the upside Cylons are imperfect I think that is important to show. Even the "good" ones. And the characters are honest...they are the worse parts of being human but they are honest.

I don't this one doesn't really inspire me nor do I really hate it. Its just kinda meh. I hope they saved enough money with this episode to make me happier down the road.
                            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Okay, I now hate this show again. Last night's episode was complete and utter crap... possibly the slowest and least-exciting thing I've watched on television in a while. After the string of amazing-ness we've had, I expected so much more from the writers, and this was just... dull. Even Ellen seemed boring and lame, and last week she kept me on the edge of my seat. And the predictability!

Here's hoping for a better showing next week...
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

What are we to make of, what seems to me, to be the biggest "conclusion" reached in this episode which was expressed by Saul Tigh ? That Cylons are too weak to thrive and survive on their own and so are Colonials, that the hybrid solution is the only one that is sustainable in the long term ?

Could this be the episode where Saul Tigh finally "wises up"? Throughout the entire series, we have seen many of his decisions, snap judgments, and first impressions be wrongheaded, petty, counterproductive and narrow minded.

When he took over after Adama was shot he almost brought the fleet to mutiny the first time. His instincts were to distrust Athena when the fleet was in imminent danger from a massive Raider attack (Season 2?). He used terrorist tactics on new Caprica that broke the kind of melding of Cylon and Colonial cultures that is now recognizably happening on Galactica itself. He killed Ellen and participated in the post Caprica kangaroo court (along with the three of the remaining final five).

It seems that his decision making has only taken a turn for the better after his his self-realization of Cylon-ness. He himself embodies the principle he is promoting--he is stronger and more capable as a meld of Human and Cylon than either being totally being in one camp or the other.

I think it is only a matter of time before Tigh ultimately pulls the plug on his toxic relationship with Ellen. I noticed that even during their passionate reunion, Saul took off his pirate's eyepatch--literally turning a blind eye one last time to Ellen. I don't think that will last much longer, particularly since the death of his only conceived child. It also seemed significant that Tigh started perceiving Ellen to be Caprica, rather than the other way around.

I wonder how things might have worked out on New Caprica if there weren't Colonial resistance ? The Cylons had not come in looking for carnage. It's true that it did not take long for the situation to spoil. Cavil seemed unconvinced from the beginning (which seems natural enough from what we know now). Tigh did more than anyone to light a match to any possible rapprochement.

But isn't the burgeoning cultural meld on Galactica being portrayed as the only way out for both cultures now that Resurrection technology is out of the picture?

Resurrection appears to lead to individual immortality at the cost of cultural stagnation. Procreation appears to lead to a "richer" culture, but at the cost of countless rounds of divisive bickering, splinter groups and inevitable self destructive power grabs, no matter how small the group shrinks down to.

Comment

Working...
                                X