The Disquiet That Follows My Soul (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the fraking continuity?

I like this episode but the writers don’t follow continuity, first season show the need to save natural resources on a starship but non other that the Commander of the fleet lets the water run in the shower. Come on, what kind of idiot wrote this scene.
    No wonder scifi purists hate the show.
    No wonder ratings drop since 2nd season.
    How many people watch the show before it airs on tv and none of them was bothered with Adama wasting water down the drain. Did I miss an episode when they built a recycling water filter with cylon tech to just waste water like that?

Comment

What can I say about Friday's episode.
      Slow but interesting: Bitterness is filling the crew especially Gaeta, which isn't surprising considering what the character has been through, nearlying being airlocked for collaborating with the cylons which he didn't he actually helped the rebels, this is one of the reason he is bitter at Kara. Being shot by a Sam who turned out to be a Cylon and losing his leg, then Dee's Suicide. The beginning scene pretty much set up the ending Gaeta. Seeing the Sonagram at the beginning was interesting, you can tell that Cottle's assisant isn't to thrilled with the Cylons, and she wanted to help the other people there rather than be helping with the Sonagram. Moving on, the scene with the Admiral and some of the crew on whether to use Cylon technology, you can tell there that Gaeta was losing his respect for the Admrial, hince he wasn't calling him "Sir" there was also the fact that Tyrol was bitter as well. Moving on, the scene where Tyrol found out that he wasn't the father to Nikki, in some ways this wasn't surprising to me, I am not sure why but also in some ways it didn't sit with me to well, I don't the though of Cally sleeping around, didn't seem to fit the character in my opinion, also leaves open that if she knew that Tyrol wasn't the father then why they to air lock the kid along with her, I suppose she didn't want the kid to go with Tyrol also there was the fact that she wasn't really thinking straight due to the meds that she was taking, it does leave some things open. Hotdog the father that was shocking to me, although I didn't under stand why Tyrol went and beat the living crap out of the Hotdog. I wouldn't say that this revealation severed the Tyrol's link to humanity, he could help Hotdog care for the kid but I don't see that happening. Also where the heck is Anders and Tory? How is the relation ship between Kara and Anders now that she knows he is a Cylon? I guess this will either be played later or not at all. The president scene, well that as well wasn't surprising, she has lost all faith as well, the fact that she led people to Earth and it was nothing more but a nuclear wasteland the fact it was also a Cylon Colony sent her over the edge. I guess she doesn't care on whether or not she dies anymore. The Zarak sequence considering the fact that most of the fleet has lost faith after finding Earth, it is not surprising at all that they are rebeling, the Tylium ship jumping away, leaving the fleet basically strandard in some ways showed the power that the people had, One could argue that the Tylium ship has the most power over the fleet, thus if it jumped away it basically just left the fleet stranded. Moving backwards back to the scene between Gaeta and Kara, discussing that happened between the two in the past, it was a long time coming, this scene bascially set up the breaking point for Gaeta's bitterness. The scene between Zarak and Adama, interesting, it is not surprising that Adama would try to in some ways blackmail Zarak, but I knew that Zarak wouldn't roll over that easy, after he gave the coordinates to the Tylium ship, the last scene between Gaeta and Zarak, basically set up the next episode, I knew eventually there would be a revolt on the Galaticia, it was just a matter of when. Finding Earth was the breaking point, the fleet put all their hope in finding this one planet, only to find it in the state it was in bascially shattered just about everyone hope. I am interesting to see happens in next weeks episode. Sure this episode was slow but to me it was quite interesting, because it set up sides which we will see next Friday.
      "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

I did notice a major plothole. Wouldn't Gaeta, along with the rest of the fleet, know about Anders' past? I mean, he was the leader of the Resistance. So was Tigh and Tyrol. I understand why they wrote it that way, but Kara should have spoke out about Anders sacrifice for humanity back on Caprica/New Caprica. I would have also attacked Gaeta about his assistance to Gaius Baltar, and said that he did too little. Embarrass him to prevent an insurrection.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I rewatched the ep again and it was better the 2nd time. I actually never laughed that much in a BSG ep. This had some nice comic relief to it. So we went from one of the darkest eps of the series to likely one of the lighest eps. That is fine, next ep looks really good!!!

Funniest line of BSG...

"Sometimes I really hate this job" ~ Admiral Adama
          sigpic

Comment

that kind of humor is the kind of humor that i like in a show...ironic, quippy...things that a real person might say.

in thier case, it was gallows humor, people dealing as best they could and using irony and humor to simply deal

I did laugh out loud a few times while i watched it, chuckled a few others enjoyed it, even as much as it was a 'boring but necessary info dump' of an episode (not that i found it boring but that has been a common crit.)

into every arc, some setup must fall
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I laughed when Cottle gave Tigh a cigarette.

I thought Gaeta was really OTT with Starbuck, I mean if he wanted to whine about Anders then he should have gone off and whined at Anders. But someone speculated that he acted like such a jerk to Starbuck in front of everyone in order to weed out any possible cylon sympathizers. That way when he ordered the door closed at the end he was more likely to talk to people interested in a rebellion.

"Scifi purists", lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy_devil View Post
                Where's the fraking continuity?

I like this episode but the writers don’t follow continuity, first season show the need to save natural resources on a starship but non other that the Commander of the fleet lets the water run in the shower. Come on, what kind of idiot wrote this scene.
                No wonder scifi purists hate the show.
                No wonder ratings drop since 2nd season.
                How many people watch the show before it airs on tv and none of them was bothered with Adama wasting water down the drain. Did I miss an episode when they built a recycling water filter with cylon tech to just waste water like that?
                Maybe you forgot the 2nd episode of season 1, Water. The water recycling aboard Galatica is nearly 100% and other ships need to dock with Galatica to replenish supplies.. You really shouldn't call other people idiots without having all the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                  You really shouldn't call other people idiots without having all the facts.
                  So say we all!!!

Spoiler:
                  "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                  ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Lucario View Post
                    The president scene, well that as well wasn't surprising, she has lost all faith as well, the fact that she led people to Earth and it was nothing more but a nuclear wasteland the fact it was also a Cylon Colony sent her over the edge. I guess she doesn't care on whether or not she dies anymore.
                    I'd agree with the first part, that she has lost faith in who or what she thought she was, that (for the time being, at least) she no longer feels that she can lead the people. That role is, in her mind, finished for her.

The second part I disagree with. Firstly, she IS dying, the cancer has already won the war and all they were doing with the chemo (Doloxin) treatments was to try to buy her more time.

When you are facing terminal cancer, you have to make a decision between quality of life and quantity of life - you rarely get both. While they were on the road to Earth, she chose quantity of life and took the chemo treatments (and the persistent nausea, vomiting, weakness and tiredness that goes with it) in order to give her more time to guide the "caravan of the heavens to their new homeland".

Now that that journey has (apparently) ended, she has chosen quality of life and stopped the chemo treatments. It will probably be a much shorter life, but much more comfortable without the sickness. For a time, she will feel much better, have more energy and will have a chance to enjoy what's left of her life in her "other role", namely as Adama's friend, partner and lover.

IMHO, this isn't about NOT caring at all, it's just the opposite. She'll trade off having more time with this man she has come to love for having more to give him while she's there, and THAT is a decision that is made out of and for love. She did everything but hit him over the head with that message in the speech she made to him when she was jogging, and he got the message, loud and clear.

Spoiler:
                    "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                    ---Bill Adama

Comment

it is a tough choice with chemo and sometimes boils down to

2 months feeling pretty good for most of it, just a little pain
                      5 months, sick and tossing your cookies and losing your hair as the chemo poisons y our body

(just example numbers of course)

and others choose option three

put your affairs in order and end it on your own terms in your own way
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        and others choose option three

put your affairs in order and end it on your own terms in your own way
                        True, but for someone who has something or someone to live for, option three is usually made when option one (quality of life) is no longer possible, e.g. the pain can no longer be controlled and there is no quality of life left. For others, option three becomes attractive if they simply have nothing left to live for to start off with as there is little point in prolonging an already empty life.

Spoiler:
                        ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                          I stand corrected. I guess it just wasn't a concern of mine.

I regard to babies. I'm thinking that Tigh and #6's baby will be a boy and named Zeus. He along with Hera will be the progenitors of all. They will be the Adam & Eve of the next cycle of life.

In Exodus pt1, an oracle tells a #3 that Hera was "wife and sister" of Zeus.

Hera will be sister in the sense that she will be raised by common parents (Baltar & #6) in a new beginning, perhaps on Kobol "the birthplace of us all".

Ok, I've lost my mind already. I had better go back to bed.
                          Actually that theory sounds really good.....maybe we will see more of the new cycle has the season porgresses

Comment

I spotted the shower scene and also had a negative reaction on the waste.

Even if you recycle 100%, there is still an energy deficit required to do so. So while Adama wasn't wasting water, he was wasting fuel.

You never know when the fuel processing ship mutinees. Maybe next episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I rewatched the ep again and it was better the 2nd time. I actually never laughed that much in a BSG ep. This had some nice comic relief to it. So we went from one of the darkest eps of the series to likely one of the lighest eps. That is fine, next ep looks really good!!!

Funniest line of BSG...

"Sometimes I really hate this job" ~ Admiral Adama
                              Both my Dad and I cracked up when he said that. That was a great line.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by BobBot View Post
                                Yes, exactly. Though let's not forget the other side of the coin - America trained a certain Osama bin Laden in guerrilla warfare so he could fight the Soviets, and look how that turned out when America turned their backs on the fighters once the Soviet Union collapsed. It's all going to end in tears no matter what choices Adama makes.
                                Agreed. It's about to get bloody. Probably the worst internal conflict the fleet has had to face.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                I laughed when Cottle gave Tigh a cigarette.
                                A congratulatory cigar cig. And people say there is no humor on BSG....

Originally posted by Lucario View Post
                                What can I say about Friday's episode.
                                Slow but interesting: Bitterness is filling the crew especially Gaeta, which isn't surprising considering what the character has been through, nearlying being airlocked for collaborating with the cylons which he didn't he actually helped the rebels, this is one of the reason he is bitter at Kara. Being shot by a Sam who turned out to be a Cylon and losing his leg, then Dee's Suicide. The beginning scene pretty much set up the ending Gaeta.

Seeing the Sonagram at the beginning was interesting, you can tell that Cottle's assisant isn't to thrilled with the Cylons, and she wanted to help the other people there rather than be helping with the Sonagram.

Moving on, the scene with the Admiral and some of the crew on whether to use Cylon technology, you can tell there that Gaeta was losing his respect for the Admrial, hince he wasn't calling him "Sir" there was also the fact that Tyrol was bitter as well.

Moving on, the scene where Tyrol found out that he wasn't the father to Nikki, in some ways this wasn't surprising to me, I am not sure why but also in some ways it didn't sit with me to well, I don't the though of Cally sleeping around, didn't seem to fit the character in my opinion, also leaves open that if she knew that Tyrol wasn't the father then why they to air lock the kid along with her, I suppose she didn't want the kid to go with Tyrol also there was the fact that she wasn't really thinking straight due to the meds that she was taking, it does leave some things open. Hotdog the father that was shocking to me, although I didn't under stand why Tyrol went and beat the living crap out of the Hotdog. I wouldn't say that this revealation severed the Tyrol's link to humanity, he could help Hotdog care for the kid but I don't see that happening.

Also where the heck is Anders and Tory? How is the relation ship between Kara and Anders now that she knows he is a Cylon? I guess this will either be played later or not at all.

The president scene, well that as well wasn't surprising, she has lost all faith as well, the fact that she led people to Earth and it was nothing more but a nuclear wasteland the fact it was also a Cylon Colony sent her over the edge. I guess she doesn't care on whether or not she dies anymore.

The Zarak sequence considering the fact that most of the fleet has lost faith after finding Earth, it is not surprising at all that they are rebeling, the Tylium ship jumping away, leaving the fleet basically strandard in some ways showed the power that the people had, One could argue that the Tylium ship has the most power over the fleet, thus if it jumped away it basically just left the fleet stranded.

Moving backwards back to the scene between Gaeta and Kara, discussing that happened between the two in the past, it was a long time coming, this scene bascially set up the breaking point for Gaeta's bitterness.

The scene between Zarak and Adama, interesting, it is not surprising that Adama would try to in some ways blackmail Zarak, but I knew that Zarak wouldn't roll over that easy, after he gave the coordinates to the Tylium ship, the last scene between Gaeta and Zarak, basically set up the next episode, I knew eventually there would be a revolt on the Galaticia, it was just a matter of when. Finding Earth was the breaking point, the fleet put all their hope in finding this one planet, only to find it in the state it was in bascially shattered just about everyone hope.

I am interesting to see happens in next weeks episode. Sure this episode was slow but to me it was quite interesting, because it set up sides which we will see next Friday.
                                You might want to break up you original post into paragraphs otherwise people tend to skip over such posts because they are hard to read.

Anyway to the bold...Anders is in next week's ep. and I'm actually kind of worried for him based on the preview.

As far as Tory goes, I still hope she has a destiny with an airlock because I still dislike her. Though that will probably never happen because I don't see her leaving the basestar any time soon. Just because I dislike her, she will probably live on till the end.

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                                I'd agree with the first part, that she has lost faith in who or what she thought she was, that (for the time being, at least) she no longer feels that she can lead the people. That role is, in her mind, finished for her.

The second part I disagree with. Firstly, she IS dying, the cancer has already won the war and all they were doing with the chemo (Doloxin) treatments was to try to buy her more time.

When you are facing terminal cancer, you have to make a decision between quality of life and quantity of life - you rarely get both. While they were on the road to Earth, she chose quantity of life and took the chemo treatments (and the persistent nausea, vomiting, weakness and tiredness that goes with it) in order to give her more time to guide the "caravan of the heavens to their new homeland".

Now that that journey has (apparently) ended, she has chosen quality of life and stopped the chemo treatments. It will probably be a much shorter life, but much more comfortable without the sickness. For a time, she will feel much better, have more energy and will have a chance to enjoy what's left of her life in her "other role", namely as Adama's friend, partner and lover.

IMHO, this isn't about NOT caring at all, it's just the opposite. She'll trade off having more time with this man she has come to love for having more to give him while she's there, and THAT is a decision that is made out of and for love. She did everything but hit him over the head with that message in the speech she made to him when she was jogging, and he got the message, loud and clear.
                                Great post and I completely agree with your assessment.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X