The Disquiet That Follows My Soul (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
    True, but for someone who has something or someone to live for, option three is usually made when option one (quality of life) is no longer possible, e.g. the pain can no longer be controlled and there is no quality of life left. For others, option three becomes attractive if they simply have nothing left to live for to start off with as there is little point in prolonging an already empty life.
    or, to some, option 3 is one last ditch effort to have control.

ie: i'm not gonna get sick and pathetic and waste away in a bed, i'm gonna do it my way.

other times it's 'if i do this now then my family isn't saddled with massive medical bills as i die'

there's a dozen + different rationales.

ultimately, on the show, roslyn is choosing to not fight and be sick to prolong her life, she's gonna enjoy what pleasures she has left in the time she has left and stop fighting the inevitable
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Well, I LOVED the episode, and I thought tons of stuff happened.

Adama and Roslin were awesomely adorable!

Nicky is Hotdog's son? WTF? (did Hotdog and Cally ever share a scene?) Then again, that wraps up a dangling plot point so we can move on to awesomer stuff, so no complaints there.

Best. Line. Ever. "I need a drink." I love Tigh. And Tigh and Caprica holding hands? A bit surreal..... Glad to see the awesome medic back.

And GAETA leading the uprising on Galactica!? Oh no! I adore Gaeta! Poor guy can't come out of this well.

Baltar needs to do something besides preach. But maybe he and his followers will be a deciding force during the uprising.

Love the random details about the trouble on Galactca, garbage in the corridor, a civillian being arrested in the background.....Zarek seems lucky to get a nice big cell all to himself.
      Hubby and I were amazed at how spacious the cells on the galactica are, I would think smaller would be more effficient.
      I think it is great that Gaeta has grown a set, he needed to! hooray for the rebellion.
      baltar does something besides preach... he gets a lot of "action" (although for the life of me I don't see the attraction )
      Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
      <snipped for size>

And.....really did NOT need to see Bill and Laura in bed together. (*tries to shake image from mind*)
      Like walking in your parents *gets a nervous twitch from 30 years ago *
      Originally posted by anotherquestion View Post
      Gaeta, more than most, has good reason to hate the old and the new "breed" of cylons. After all the Sharon model he was intimate with on Carprica had behaved badly in the interim Webisodes; Anders, one of the Final Five, had caused him to lose his leg, he was almost airlocked himself by Saul Tigh--nowhere has he experienced a Cylon he could trust, much less respect.

<snipped for size>

Starbuck is just insufferable. Rosyln's despair is understandable, but what keeps Starbuck going ?
      Pure spite! that's my theory
      Spoiler:
      oh and that she is count Iblis.

I agree with you about Gaeta, totally understandable.
      Originally posted by Detox View Post
      This episodes one of the things that I don't like about Galactica. It's too slow and dull, and even on top of that, the people in the fleet, and the viewers just can't get a break from the constant depressing moments one after another.

I honestly think the direction Moore's going in is too unrealistic. The Quorum seem like a bunch of idiots. People aren't that stupid. <snipped for size>
      Ever heard of the United States Congress????? around 535 of the biggest idiots on the planet!!!! (uh huh this bailout will help the little guy! ) oh yes people are that stupid , especially in a group --- it's called groupthink.

Comment

you wanna see stupid?

Walmart on a Saturday afternoon

Seriously though, there is no shortage of stupid and lemming syndrome in the world. Why would the fleet be any different?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          ultimately, on the show, roslyn is choosing to not fight and be sick to prolong her life, she's gonna enjoy what pleasures she has left in the time she has left and stop fighting the inevitable
          And I, for one, think she has certainly earned the right to do so. What should be VERY interesting to watch is what she does when and/or if her decision to withdraw from leading the people produces a threat to Bill.

Spoiler:
          "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
          ---Bill Adama

Comment

what she needs to do, and time will tell if she will do it, is officially resign and quit her job.

that's what she needs to do for the good of her people.

but can she really and truthfully let go?

sigpic

Comment

what she needs to do, and time will tell if she will do it, is officially resign and quit her job.

that's what she needs to do for the good of her people.
              Yes, if she will not lead, she can't leave them in limbo.

but can she really and truthfully let go?
              That's debatable, but I don't think so, not unless there was someone with more ability to lead them and even then it would be...difficult. I don't think you can spend 4 years (or however long it has been) immersed in and living for one thing and one thing only - namely saving the human race - and give it up just like that. Not really.

Spoiler:
              "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
              ---Bill Adama

Comment

Why is that we dissect every little thing - case in point the water in the shower scene? (At least we didn't see Mom & Dad in the shower...)

I just took it at face value and didn't write anything into it. I would call it just a shot showing the ho-hum's of a so-called-life after a major let down in life. For the record, I did run across an interview with Moore where he indicated that the script was the last one written before the strike and as such there were no writers on set during filming. Its entirely probable that it was done as something of a pick-up, unscripted, spur of the moment idea by the production crew in the natural course of filming without realizing the possible continuity issue.
                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Yes, if she will not lead, she can't leave them in limbo.

That's debatable, but I don't think so, not unless there was someone with more ability to lead them and even then it would be...difficult. I don't think you can spend 4 years (or however long it has been) immersed in and living for one thing and one thing only - namely saving the human race - and give it up just like that. Not really.
                  i agree. i think she will want to 'have her cake and eat it too'.....not lead and let the VP do it so she can live out her remaing days and die the prez, rather than realize that, for the good of the fleet, if she's not gonna lead, she needs to quit. and if she's not gonna quit, she needs to lead.

I'm thinking the rebellion will shake her up a bit and reground her a little.

it'll give her a kick in the seat of the pants and end her little 'honeymoon'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                    Why is that we dissect every little thing -
                    It's fandom. And it's what people do.

And, what fans do isn't precisely the topic of this thread. It's last friday's episode

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=g.o.d;9630812]oh lord, they're at war, billions of humans were wiped out, Cavil's forces are still chasing them, Earth was a nuclear wasteland. What the heck do you mean it's too depresing? Of course it's depressing. They're not living in a fantasy world!

well, um, yeah, they are in a fantasy world...but a sad one, very sad

Comment

Why is that we dissect every little thing - case in point the water in the shower scene?
                        Good question!

(At least we didn't see Mom & Dad in the shower...)
                        Speak for yourself! Some of us ancient things might have found that mighty interesting...

(For the record, I did run across an interview with Moore where he indicated that the script was the last one written before the strike and as such there were no writers on set during filming. Its entirely probable that it was done as something of a pick-up, unscripted, spur of the moment idea by the production crew in the natural course of filming without realizing the possible continuity issue.
                        Uummm...I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe "Sometimes a Great Notion" was the last one written and was produced without writers on set.

And now that I've dissected everything in your last post....

Spoiler:
                        ---Bill Adama

Comment

you wanna see stupid?

Walmart on a Saturday afternoon

Seriously though, there is no shortage of stupid and lemming syndrome in the world. Why would the fleet be any different?
                          The ID-10-t virus is widespread. Its carriers are everywhere. Be on your guard as there is no cure once infected.

Comment

Good question!

Speak for yourself! Some of us ancient things might have found that mighty interesting...

Uummm...I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe "Sometimes a Great Notion" was the last one written and was produced without writers on set.

And now that I've dissected everything in your last post....
                            Maybe I was wrong, but in the end are we going to start a civil war over a little water down the drain?

Comment

Maybe I was wrong, but in the end are we going to start a civil war over a little water down the drain?
                              Well, personally speaking, I wouldn't....

Spoiler:
                              ---Bill Adama

Comment

Well, personally speaking, I wouldn't....
                                Of course if the Centurions are as susceptible to water as the androids in Westword, every little drop has to count

Comment

Working...
                                X