No announcement yet.

Sometimes A Great Notion (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is BSG at it's darkest hour. The drama was amazing in this episode. Last time I got a taste of that darker drama was SGA's "The Last man", but that was nothing compared to this. I love how all the pieces are coming together. The episode was slow, but that didn't take anything away. It is amazing how when people lose hope it totally destroys oneself. You have the final four getting flashbacks of their homeworld.

Were they really Cylons? Or were the cylons made to their human creators. So many questions still yet to come. I don't think it's going to be a happy ending at all.

What about Starbuck? Wow that was freaky. Maybe that was an alternate Starbuck. Maybe everyone are Cylons and have no idea.
    sigpic

Comment

So we now have 4 different species in the show?

1. Humans (who may really just be cylons).
      2. Original 5 Cylons (tigh etc.)
      3. The new 7 models of Cylons who have many copies and can/could resurrect
      4. The Billions of Cylons living on earth that could not resurrect

and of course there is Starbuck who also seens to be able to resurrect and some how her viper did as well.

My head is starting to hurt...............

Comment

Having read way too many spoilers for my own good () the only thing that really surprised me was Dee. It was just as Gaeta was leaving that it entered my mind....*sniff*.

This was a dark episode indeed.

And oh goodness me, Ellen! If she didn't resurrect again...

Was anyone watching this episode on Space BTW? They had commentators dressed in BSG outfits and I was just a little confused.
        "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
          Was anyone watching this episode on Space BTW? They had commentators dressed in BSG outfits and I was just a little confused.
          Yes, those two were really annoying lol. And I've just never liked Natasha Eloi.

Did anyone else (re)watch the webisodes on Space at 9? The frakin cut out Gaeta finding the pilots with their throats slashed!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok who laughed at the "Frak Earth" writing on the wall?
            sigpic

Comment

Some of this reminds me of the movie Hancock.

Comment

Dee killing herself was a shock. I literally put my hand over my mouth and said "oh, my God". When she took off her wedding band, I did think that something was up with her. I too think she had just had enough of the disappointments and despair. She said her goodbyes to Lee and was ready to die.

Ellen as the Fifth and the leader...wow!

I'm dying to know what's up with Starbuck. Leoben was definitely terrified when they found Kara's body in the viper.

Everyone on earth was cylon. Chief, Tori, Sam and Tigh all lived there and can now recall snippets. They died but came back to life and somehow joined up with the 12 colonies.

Roslin also despairing. I haven't liked her much since Season 1 so I'm almost glad.

So much stuff in this episode but it was amazing. I'm glad BSG is back.

Comment

what if the humans, adama, lee, the capricans, etc, are cylons made by a ultimate creator. and he made them with the ability to reproduce.

the 7, six, eight, gina, cavil, etc, are cylon 2.0. cylons created by the humans, and they lack the 'humanity' so to speak to reproduce. thus the resurrection ship, their version of reproduction

cylons 2.0 rose up against their creators and nuked earth. earth's refugees ran, with the 5 a part of them.

what if, instead of resurrection, the cylons 1.0 (the five) don't reproduce with resurrection but with reincarnation. their consciousnesses are downloaded into someone from the next generation, and that someone grows to take their place.

doesn't totally explain kara yet, but i'm expecting something like a Count Iblis character to pop up.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZeosPantera View Post
                    I have only one question.. Where is the 6 that Saul knocked up? and there Full blood cylon baby? It probably hasnt been 9 months but I think she should be showing still and It kinda feels like an important part of the show.

Oh. yeah I think the whole world went "holy ****" when Dee squeezed one off.
                    I bet the cylon Baby is Ellen Tigh reincarnated. The final five don't use Resurrection Hub type vats, they are reborn as infants.

Tigh has obviously aged during the time he has known Adama, so, presuming he had resurrected before, he must have been younger and grown older like a normal Colonial. That's how the final five roll.

Comment

I have questions... SOOO confused!

Do cylons 1-8 age? Or do they always look like that?

Did they ever talk about how many copies there are of the final five?

Have they ever talked about #7? Or did they just skip that number?

Was Cylon 1 created first? Or were the final five created first?

Cylons can't have babies with Cylons... right?

I think 6 is how Ellen Tigh looks when she's young, and Ellen Tigh's model is just number 6 reworked... if the final five were made last, and if #1-8 don't age.

Also, if the 6 in the brig is not 6 but a younger Ellen Tigh, the final cylon, then that would explain why she could get pregnant by a cylon... hope that makes sense.

AND... is 3 really just gonna stay and die!?!?!? What's happening???

These babies are important too... I keep feeling like Hera is gonna grow up to be Dee

Comment

I believe Kara is a cylon but if their only 13, maybe Kara = young Ellen. Great episode.

Comment

Just one addition here, Kara's body had not been there for eons, it was still rotting so it had been there for perhaps a few weeks. Her retching was evidence of that and the "meat" (yuck!) around the jaw. I am with most of you here. There is a tie between Kara and Dee and resurrection on this planet and the whole cycle. I want to know all now, but I also want to wait and I never want it to end - all signs of a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Ok who laughed at the "Frak Earth" writing on the wall?
                            /raises hand
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As I pointed out in the 2,000 years thread.

the 13th tribe left kobol 3,500 years ago,
                              the tribes left kobol 2,000 years ago and started the colonies.
                              Earth was destroyed 2,000 years ago.

So this says that they should head back to Kobol. start the cycle again.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Baltar to give a speech to his followers. This episode lacked his hamming it up.
                                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                                Caboose: They could be worse?
                                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X