No announcement yet.

The Hub (409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I guess I'm not as enthusiastic about this ep as most other people.

First of all - why is the resurrection hub so utterly defenseless? Why would Roslin betray the cylons on their own ship? How stupid can one be?!?

Secondly - whats with all the vision-stuff? It's becoming all little too much fantasy imo.

So it all boils down to "love someone and you'll be human"?

Ok, being mortal is human so I guess cylons are human now.
    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
      Hmmm, I guess I'm not as enthusiastic about this ep as most other people.

First of all - why is the resurrection hub so utterly defenseless? Why would Roslin betray the cylons on their own ship? How stupid can one be?!?

Secondly - whats with all the vision-stuff? It's becoming all little too much fantasy imo.

So it all boils down to "love someone and you'll be human"?

Ok, being mortal is human so I guess cylons are human now.
      Defenseless? it had 3 basestars that I could see. of which at least 2 were destroyed when it blew up, and one more was destroyed by a direct assault by the 6's and 8's

if you have been watching from the beginning visions have played a part of every major plot with the exception of meeting the Pegasus.

I loved that episode, especially d'anna fooling Roslin. I was so expecting to have Anders in the room when she said it that, when it was just her and Roslin I was shocked.

This episode has left me with a thought. The final 5 know the way to earth? is it possible they left a Mark 2 viper on a ship in the nebula where Kara was found with the data in it to go back to earth? The next episode looks like it was the 4 going over that viper one bolt at a time to find something hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I doubt that Roslin's 'jump visions' were genuine visions of the future. The whole sequence seemed to me to be more of an internal struggle with herself: who she's become vs. who she wants to be. Seeing herself on her deathbed was a means to that end.

That said though, I don't believe Roslin will survive this whole misadventure. I'm a bit undecided whether or not she'll see Earth, but I'm convinced she'll be dead before the series is over.
        pretty much BSG version of "grace" from sg1

Comment

Ah excellent, at last we return to some solid character moments. For Helo, Roslin, and Eight. The Battle of the Resurrection Hub was quite satisfactory, once again with brilliant visual effects by Zoic. Roslin's entire plot thread here was fascinating to me. The scene with Baltar was priceless. Seeing Elosha again brought warm feelings to my heart. Seein D'Anna again brought warm feelings all over. So happy she is back, and a bit drunk and disorderly too, loved it. It saddens me to think Roslin is dying, it really does. But hey, seeing the beautiful chemistry between her and Adama, with a touch of McCreary's haunting theme music, sent shivers down my spine.

I am muchly happy with this episode, but so sad to know there is but one remaining installment before one hell of a long wait.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
            Defenseless? it had 3 basestars that I could see. of which at least 2 were destroyed when it blew up, and one more was destroyed by a direct assault by the 6's and 8's
            3 Baseships is hardly enough when so much is at stake - imo. And the hub itself seemed not very armored / stable itself.

But I get it that they (the writers) searched for a way to let the Cylon lose their precious downloadability. For me the whole concept of downloading is/was flawed.
            Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

The question is: what's stopping the Cylons from rebuilding a resurrection hub? On a similar note, isn't there a resurrection centre back on the Cylon homeworld? I mean, I know it's probably a long way away, but surely much faster now they can retrace back again. And as for the Resurrection Hub being the only facility where D'Anna was boxed, that's just silly. Surely there are some back at the Cylon homeworld.

Alas, I don't think we'll be visiting this world anytime soon.

Oooh, also, did anyone notice the promotional pictures for this episode? One of the shots depicts an event that was obviously cut from the final episode. Go hunt them down to see.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin
                yes - 3 basestars. given the nature of what they were supposed to be protecting I'd have expected that number to be increased by at least a tenfold - and the allies to be pulverized a few minutes after they'd jumped in
                and as AH said the hub turned out to be surprisingly fragile compared to battlestars or basestars, when you'd expect quite the opposite given what's at stake

but it was a good ep nonetheless

btw. I didn't know that morphine was a truth serum ! ^_^

Baltar taling to the centurion was funny but seemed out of place. one of 2 possibilities :
                1) the centurion had its "behavioural inhibitor" still in place, in which case Baltar trying to reason with it would've been futile
                2) the centurion was uninhibited, in which case Baltar was still wasting his breath, since the centurion could reason & figure such things out by itself. that was the whole point in the episode 6 of 1

Danna's back ! btw I didn't believe her little joke on the president for a second ^^

edit> and Elosha's "return" was most welcome (even though merely a vision )
                Last edited by SoulReaver; 08 June 2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateDragon View Post
                  [F]orgive my [confusion,] but wasn't [S]am on the baseship?

[I]n "Sine Qua Non"[,] [S]kulls mentions that it's [S]am's viper that was giving off the distress beacon[,] r[i]ght?

[B]ut [I] don't remember seeing him in ["]Sine Qua Non["] or the ["H]ub[.]
                  Actually, Skulls said, "That is Sandman's viper, but no Sandman."
                  When in trouble, "send lawyers, guns and money!"

Comment

Originally posted by nckzvnbr View Post
                    Actually, Skulls said, "That is Sandman's viper, but no Sandman."
                    oh i thought he said "sam man

ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      Oooh, also, did anyone notice the promotional pictures for this episode? One of the shots depicts an event that was obviously cut from the final episode. Go hunt them down to see.
                      You mean this?

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/gall...3&sub=season04

Looks like it might be part of the next episode.

Aeron

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        The question is: what's stopping the Cylons from rebuilding a resurrection hub? On a similar note, isn't there a resurrection centre back on the Cylon homeworld? I mean, I know it's probably a long way away, but surely much faster now they can retrace back again. And as for the Resurrection Hub being the only facility where D'Anna was boxed, that's just silly. Surely there are some back at the Cylon homeworld.

Alas, I don't think we'll be visiting this world anytime soon.

Do you know where to find HQ promo pictures this season? I really haven't seen very many. Could you spoiler tag what the pic is?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          And how has that changed? In case you are forgetting he has his own "nymph squad".
                          And he's still the comic relief. Thank God he did not died. BSG would not be the same without him.

Comment

My favorite line in this ep was Baltar's comment about the Hybrid...

"I think she even likes me!"

Totally classic Baltar. And I also liked how the hybrid really did seem to respond to him. Didn't seem to work on Rosslyn though, when he said "you're really very pretty."

Watching Rosslyn try to talk to the hybrid was also pretty comical.

I thought that betraying the Cylons on their own ship was a politically inastute thing to do. But maybe Rosslyn isn't thinking straight.

And BTW, don't the Cylons have their own plan to have the centurions step in and do something as soon as they have the final five? So, Sharon-8 shouldn't really be so surprised at the possibility of betrayal.

So does Boomer get blown up with the hub? I agree that having the hub be the key to all downloading and relatively undefended is just wacky. Don't these computer expert Cylons know about backup systems? There's got to be a download center on the Cylon home world. I think the hub is just a plot device that was underthought.

I must admit, I really like the Cavil character... not as someone to admire, mind you, but just as someone really interesting. I loved back in Occupation, when he says "Delusional machines, what will the universe think up next." He's got a great sense of irony and humor. Or when he's dragged in on Lay down your Burdens shouting "I'm not a cylon.... Oh..." Or when he says "We'll throw in Baltar... sweeten the deal..." in Eye of Jupiter.

Baltar trying to convert the Centurion was classic too. If they had their inhibitors removed, who knows, it could have worked.

Finally, anyone else wondering how it is that Starbuck is CAG back on Galactica (this is really a Sine Qua Non ep comment). I mean, what has she done exactly that makes the Galactica crew suddenly decide she's not likely to be a Cylon. Bring a basestar around? And worse, the Galactica has now been told that the Final Five are in the fleet/on galactica. So I don't see how this means they should be trusting Starbuck.
                            Last edited by Bruman; 08 June 2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

A great part of this eppy was all how the eights seem to be everywhere helping
                              the humans.

The best part for me was the speech to the Human pilots to
                              fight with the Organic Cylons by a Sharon 8.

Grace Park really did a outstanding job playing so many types of Sharons , as well as Tricia with
                              the 6's.

It looks like the Sharon models as 6 models are resigned to the fact they have only one life
                              now. The Sharon 8 model seemed happy to tell Helo that it was OK with her. Though the
                              number 3 model looked really upset and had a lot of ill feelings to her human allies.
                              The 3 also seemed to think of the 8s as easily distracted by the next best thing....or
                              basically a kid who just wants to have fun.....

Which comes to the irony that it seems the Sharons have basically become the main model
                              who love supporting humans openly.

I have a feeling Boomer survived the attack.

Plus the Organic Cylon combat uniforms looked pretty cool.....
                              Last edited by dec55; 08 June 2008, 11:49 AM.
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by fatarse
                                Thank God he did not died. BSG would not be the same without him.
                                yeah...it would've been really sad if he had dieded

Comment

Working...
                                X