Guess What's Coming To Dinner (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Nah, I'm thinking Anders. D'Anna tried to shoot Anders with that giant gun when they were trapped in the stairwell in Downloaded. The only reason she didn't succeed was because Six dropped a rock on her head.
    ha yeah I'd forgotten about that one
    still compared to Tigh, Anders got off prett ywell. Deanna threatened Anders but never made good on her threat (thanks to cap6) plus he still has his 2 eyes anyway

you're prolly right though since it was Deanna it must've been Anders...

I wonder how Cavil would react before the 5, especially before Tigh (I'm not 100% sure he'd apologize :-)

Comment

I sure didn't recognize Lee Adama at the beginning of the episode when he was demanding answers to Baltar's accusations. Since when has Lee paid any attention to Baltar anyway?
      He was a little better in the later scene when he told Roslin that the Quorum was considering a vote of no-confidence.

At this point Lee feels pretty useless. He's been shoved into a position that doesn't entirely fit his character (it's close, but no cigar) and he's been getting pretty limited screen time because he's just not that important to the overall plot right now. As someone who liked Lee in season 1-3, I'm starting to get annoyed. When will we see the old Lee again? When will the reason that Lee needed to be moved be revealed?

Otherwise the episode was pretty good. If not as good as "Faith" IMO.

The thing that has me smiling is that Helo is now stranded on base ship full of eights who now (presumably) have some of Athena's memories. Oh Boy is that gonna be awkward!
      ...I hope!
      "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
        in other words her memories were copied to several clones ? there are several Athenas with the same memories ? if so which would be the "correct" one ? (and how would they decide ? -)

so each cylon has the combined personalities of all its model's clones ? (talk about schizophrenia )
        No, I don't think so. Leave the personalities out of the equation for a minute.

When an individual downloads, her memories are copied to the Resurrection Ship (and presumably the Hub). When other individuals within that model download, a copy of those memories are included along with all of the memories of the other individuals of that model.

As for several Athenas, I don't think that's the case. As we've seen, Boomer is very different from Athena and Natalie is very different from Caprica Six. Their personalities are different even though they contain the same data.

This is just a theory based on what I think I heard in the dialog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          No, I don't think so. Leave the personalities out of the equation for a minute.

When an individual downloads, her memories are copied to the Resurrection Ship (and presumably the Hub). When other individuals within that model download, a copy of those memories are included along with all of the memories of the other individuals of that model.

As for several Athenas, I don't think that's the case. As we've seen, Boomer is very different from Athena and Natalie is very different from Caprica Six. Their personalities are different even though they contain the same data.

This is just a theory based on what I think I heard in the dialog.
          good - which brings us back to the original question : why a hub for resurrection ? leave the other individuals out for a moment (a hub can be used as a repository for all cylons, yes, but that's another matter - we're talking about the resurrection of an individual, not storage)
          when one cylon gets killed why the need for a hub when a resship alone should suffice ? Gina said resships have all the necessary equipment, so just download memories to nearest resship's system, and from resship system into new clone & presto, one cylon resurrected

Comment

good - which brings us back to the original question : why a hub for resurrection ? leave the other individuals out for a moment (a hub can be used as a repository for all cylons, yes, but that's another matter - we're talking about the resurrection of an individual, not storage)
            when one cylon gets killed why the need for a hub when a resship alone should suffice ? Gina said resships have all the necessary equipment, so just download memories to nearest resship's system, and from resship system into new clone & presto, one cylon resurrected
            Ooooooo - I loves me a good game of shoot the Continuity Editor...

So, what you say is true UNLESS... the hub is like a client/server (being the server side) that has to authorize a d/l (a client operation) into a new body. No one ever said the resships are standalone (no one ever said they *weren't* either, granted).

FTR - my favourite continuity bloop is the Die Hard scene (Die Hard 2?) suposedly in Washington National Airport where Bruse Willis uses a PcBell public phone. Ooopses!

Comment

Originally posted by m57lyra
              Ooooooo - I loves me a good game of shoot the Continuity Editor...

So, what you say is true UNLESS... the hub is like a client/server (being the server side) that has to authorize a d/l (a client operation) into a new body. No one ever said the resships are standalone
              well yeah that's kinda the point : why shouldn't they be standalone ?
              why bother with such a server to start with ? (at least for resurrection anyway)
              why would the cylons thrust spokes in their own wheels ? (unless it's for the sheer challenge of it, still, makes 'em kinda masochistic doesn't it ?)

while we're at it why not have all those hubs act in turn as clients connected to one giant megahub ?
              I mean they've done such fine work @ complicating things thus far, why stop there ?

Comment

I loved the episode tbh. The storyline is still very appealing, unlike stargate where I just dont see anything specific happening.
                sigpic

Comment

2 things:

-whats with the numbering on the cylons... now that we def know for sure that we have 1-6,8... why is 7 lacking/ out of order? (traitor in the mist maybe?)

-my theory on the kara/harbinger thing: it would be in my opinion a real bad ending to see the cylons win and us not get to earth. having said that - perhaps we defeat the cylons, and make it to earth, and what we find on earth is what brings death to the rest of the RTF. perhaps they are all cylons on earth and discover what was done to their brothers and sisters and send a couple of nukes at galactica and the fleet just as we arrive there. every1 dies, cylon, colonials and earth is left alone once again...
                  (id say its a fair twist, given how the show has gone thus far)

-as a funny aside... any1 ever realize that in the visions baltar andthe c6 always walk out the doors of the opera house main hall into this mysterious bright light... its just the lobby of opera house! maybe their visions are just about how hera ran out of popcorn and wanted a refill!
                  ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post

-whats with the numbering on the cylons... now that we def know for sure that we have 1-6,8... why is 7 lacking/ out of order? (traitor in the mist maybe?)
                    I've been wondering about that as well. Is the final cylon number 7?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                      -as a funny aside... any1 ever realize that in the visions baltar andthe c6 always walk out the doors of the opera house main hall into this mysterious bright light... its just the lobby of opera house! maybe their visions are just about how hera ran out of popcorn and wanted a refill!
                      Actually, they're walking back into the opera house, as the vision keeps getting clearer. This last time we saw it, there were seats and the stage visible. I think... I'm trying to hunt down a screencap to make sure. But it would make sense, since the Five have only ever been revealed inside the theater proper, not outside.
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually there is only one way that makes since, when we last destroyed a Ressurection Ship we were told that would keep them from ressurecting... for a time. But since we have found out numberous ressurection ships are in existance, perhaps they are being BUILT at a central Hub.

This hub would store the blueprints and the hardware necessary to construct more resurrection ships, once it is destroyed, the cylons only have a limited number of ships. Destroy the rest and "presto" the cylons lose their ability to resurrect.

Now unless the ships and the skinjobs were created by people from Earth as has been speculated, the cylons eventually could replicate the factory-hub and build more ships, but it would take a long time to do so. More than enough time for the colonials to kill many of the cylons.
                        Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

I haven't thought this through completely but the resurrection hub might be where the replacement bodies are grown and then placed in storage on resurrection ships to be used when a cylon gets killed and downloaded. Resurrection ships would need to be swapped out with fresh ones, while the empty ones return to the hub for new bodies. Once the hub is destroyed, no new bodies. You can only download to what's in existence. Once that's done, there is no more. The consciousnesses might exist within the resurrection ships but with nowhere to go.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron
                            Actually there is only one way that makes since, when we last destroyed a Ressurection Ship we were told that would keep them from ressurecting... for a time. But since we have found out numberous ressurection ships are in existance, perhaps they are being BUILT at a central Hub.

This hub would store the blueprints and the hardware necessary to construct more resurrection ships, once it is destroyed, the cylons only have a limited number of ships. Destroy the rest and "presto" the cylons lose their ability to resurrect.

Now unless the ships and the skinjobs were created by people from Earth as has been speculated, the cylons eventually could replicate the factory-hub and build more ships, but it would take a long time to do so. More than enough time for the colonials to kill many of the cylons.
                            Originally posted by MarshAngel
                            I haven't thought this through completely but the resurrection hub might be where the replacement bodies are grown and then placed in storage on resurrection ships to be used when a cylon gets killed and downloaded. Resurrection ships would need to be swapped out with fresh ones, while the empty ones return to the hub for new bodies. Once the hub is destroyed, no new bodies. You can only download to what's in existence. Once that's done, there is no more. The consciousnesses might exist within the resurrection ships but with nowhere to go.
                            now these theories at least make some sense

it wouldn't prevent the cylons from downloading in the immediate future but it would represent a logistic catastrophe by crippling their resources
                            (of course on the other hand their only threat is in the form of a single damaged battlestar - for the colonials to kill all of them would take far longer than to rebuild a new hub IMO)

problem is that's not what Natalie said - what she said implied that destroying the hub would prevent all downloads ie. with immediate effect. she seemed quite categorical too (unless she was lying, but this would mean she was lying to the quorum as well)

Comment

btw ppl have been theorizing aboiut Caprica6 being pregnant in the next ep and said it's Tigh

but why would it necessarily be Tigh ?

- for one it would draw too much attention to a guy who's desperately trying to keep off the humans' radars now that he knows what he is
                              if Adama & co. learnt that during all this time when he was supposed to be interrogating a cylon prisoner he was instead being nice to her (too nice -), this would definitely throw up a red flag

- besides it's true that Cap6's been locked up in that cage for a spell, so she has...needs. but Tigh ? come on - she can't be that desperate can she ? :/

- for Cap6's pregnancy to be noticed in the next ep would mean that several months would've elapsed in the space of just 2 episodes. such a mid-season time-jump would be a first in the series. besides it wouldn't fit with s4's "seamless" storyline so far (the chain of events from s4 premiere up to the last episode has had no "rupture" as of yet & could be considered one big episode)

now on the other hand : how long has she been in that cell ?
                              she came onboard the BSG ~20 eps ago (in ep 3x12). how long is that - a few months at most ?
                              and how long does it take to notice a bun in the oven - 5 months ? give or take a few weeks depending on the patient, size of foetus etc.
                              before she was captured she was onboard a basestar spending her time with none other than...Gaius Baltar. remember in the beginning of s3 when she told Baltar she used to think they'd have a kid ? ('I used to think you & I would have a baby one day' - ep 3x05)
                              now we know that it's more difficult for cylons to procreate (cylon hormones are a bit more finicky perhaps -) but we also know another thing, that Cap6 was really, reeeeeally attached to Baltar. heck he was her 1st luv after all - so that Baltar & Cap6 could have a hybrid offspring on the way is quite plausible, and as I pointed out it would tally with the timeline
                              Last edited by SoulReaver; 27 May 2008, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                                But hello?! After 5k years don't you think everyone would have embraced the idea of multiple offsite backups and disaster recovery protocols?

Comment

Working...
                                X