Guess What's Coming To Dinner (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoof View Post
    I was watching the rerun of the episode, when I realized something. The hybrid said Kara was the harbringer of death (how do you spell that word?). The humans and the rebels are planning on destroying the ressurection capacity of the cylons. In a sense, they are bringing death (at some future point) to the Cylons, could this be what the hybrid meant? That Kara would start the events that lead to the loss of the cylon's immortality?.
    I never thought of that! That actually makes loads of sense as she did put these actions into effect by allowing the leoben onboard the Dem. and then meeting the baseship. Also in Razor-
    Spoiler:
    The first hybrid also said almost the same thing that she will lead them to their death.
    It would fit that she is the harbringer of death, she will being them all to their end- not of humans, but the cylons.
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      Spoiler:
      - but on the other hand Baltar did say Caprica6 told him about Roslin's visions right ? which would mean that there was some kinda [offscreen] contact between the two, right ?
      did Baltar get to visit her in her cell perhaps ?
      Baltar said that he learned of that just before the end of his trial. His attorney was passing information to him from Six.

Comment

• Why isn't Anders in the brig, at least, and facing charges for shooting Gaeta ?
        • Athena is living up to her words "to pick a side and stick with it" regardless of the consequences. Kind of ironic since only Colonials actually have taken her child in the past, not the Cylons. Athena has been shot twice and killed once by a Colonial (Helo). Visions count for more than reality, I suppose, at this stage.
        • Romo Lampkin is in the preview, likely to defend Saul Tigh for literally "consorting" with the enemy.
        • Perhaps Gaeta is the fifth Cylon, now "clawing his way through the darkness, with great suffering". I guess we'll know if he grows a new leg, like a basestar.
        • It seems strange that in this season almost every Cylon that has been killed, was offed by another Cylon.
        • Four of the final five obviously do not know the way to Earth, or they would at least be talking about it. Will the fifth one be the key ?
        • Wouldn't it be better not to destroy the Resurrection Hub, but rather to seed it with the "Cylon killer virus" as was planned earlier ? Didn't Roslin give the go-ahead to germ warfare ?
        Last edited by anotherquestion; 18 May 2008, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Why isn't Anders in the brig, at least, and facing charges for shooting Gaeta ?
          You might as well ask yourself why Gaeta, Helo and the rest of the mutineers aren't in the brig... either they haven't reported on it yet, or if they did they probably didn't tell in too much detail what happened with Gaeta or else everyone agreed it sucked but nobody was to blame...

It seems strange that in this season almost every Cylon that has been killed, was offed by another Cylon.
          This has largely been true since the beginning of the series. There have been many cylons killed by actual humans but the overwhelming majority of such killings took place under the leadership of other cylons (and the avid "let's airlock the frakkers" Laura Roslin might still turn out to be a cylon...), because it was Anders leading the Caprica resistance and Anders, Tigh, Tyrol leading the New Caprica resistance - also athena killed cylons while strutting along with Helo on caprica.
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Marvelous! Finally, things are happening!

Highlights

The opening arrival of the damaged base star and the Fleet's scramble.

The resurrection hub... no doubt we'll be seeing more very soon.

Seeing the deckhands and pilots inside the base star prepping Vipers for launch.

Roslin's dressing down of Tory for her betrayal and slutty antics with Baltar.

The final moments...

Lowlights

Scenes with the Quorum... what a pack of snotty scumbags.

The entire 'ordeal' with Gaeta. Talk about lament of the curly haired pirate. I have nothing against opera and ballads, but their use here was quite off. He's lost a leg, yes how awful, but at least he has his life, which is more than the vast majority of Colonials could say.

It also disturbs me greatly that so many of you are in the know about future events, marked by the heavy peppering of spoiler tags throughout this thread. You do realise that the best way to appreciate and enjoy this show is without revealing spoilers right? I don't care as long as I'm not spoiled, but I'm just saying, why read the end of a book before reading the build-up?

Two weeks wait... argh, now that's something to sing sadly about.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
              remember this group of cylons freed the centurions and made them truly sentient.
              Say What?!?

I like the series more than ever before. What a great episode.
              Cylons and humans become more and more alike. I wonder if they'll blend into one.
              Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Pretty sweet how the Opera house corresponded with Galactica
                Forgive my not knowing the name of the episode - but when Baltar is living on the Cylon Baseship - and we see him stumbling around not knowing where he's going - but we six moving through the corridors...though she's projected the enviroment of a forest so she know's where she's going....

Whoever is creating the vision of the opera house - must know the layout of the Galactica...

the final cylon??
                sigpic

Comment

Here's a thought about the 6,2,8 motivation. The cylons are willing to destroy the "Hub" because they know now that they can reproduce (Hera) so they're ready to take the next evolutionary step and continue their race in the way the humans do? and with the humans, too?

errrr... (anyway, I left Nicky out on purpose, they don't know about him).

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    Lowlights

Scenes with the Quorum... what a pack of snotty scumbags.
                    Yeah. How dare the government demand oversight of their President. And how dare they demand answers when it's revealed that the President is sharing the same dream as two Cylons. Why on Earth would they think that's something to be concerned about?

Comment

i didn't see this posted but it's the one thing that has stuck in my head about the episode. Right before Athena shoots Natalie, during the part of her vision where Six picks up Hera, Tyrol is the one who actually gets her and takes her away in real life. I wonder if this has any underlying meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggythecat View Post
                        i didn't see this posted but it's the one thing that has stuck in my head about the episode. Right before Athena shoots Natalie, during the part of her vision where Six picks up Hera, Tyrol is the one who actually gets her and takes her away in real life. I wonder if this has any underlying meaning.
                        Meh. More irony than anything else I think. That Athena is trying to protect her child from the cylons, but it's two cylons that are trying to help her (Tigh and Tyrol).

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion View Post
                          • Wouldn't it be better not to destroy the Resurrection Hub, but rather to seed it with the "Cylon killer virus" as was planned earlier ? Didn't Roslin give the go-ahead to germ warfare ?
                          Because that's where the D'Annas are, and they need at least one of them alive. And I'm pretty sure that was a one-time-only thing, but I could be wrong on that.

Originally posted by wwlh View Post
                          Forgive my not knowing the name of the episode - but when Baltar is living on the Cylon Baseship - and we see him stumbling around not knowing where he's going - but we six moving through the corridors...though she's projected the enviroment of a forest so she know's where she's going....

Whoever is creating the vision of the opera house - must know the layout of the Galactica...

the final cylon??
                          Brilliant! I love it! I only hope it doesn't necessitate one of the two humans in the scene being Cylons (even though they're in the Last Supper pic, which itself could be a misdirection).
                          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

The kid that plays Hera is just adorable.....
                            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala
                              Yeah. How dare the government demand oversight of their President. And how dare they demand answers when it's revealed that the President is sharing the same dream as two Cylons. Why on Earth would they think that's something to be concerned about?
                              Haha, of course they have a purpose and reason for behaving like snotty scumbags, but every time Roslin addresses them it's like she's holding tea at Space Park's chimp enclosure. I guess that's why I don't really mind, because Roslin doesn't give a damn about the Quorum, she thinks they are snotty scumbags too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                                Haha, of course they have a purpose and reason for behaving like snotty scumbags, but every time Roslin addresses them it's like she's holding tea at Space Park's chimp enclosure. I guess that's why I don't really mind, because Roslin doesn't give a damn about the Quorum, she thinks they are snotty scumbags too.
                                I wonder about the political structure of the Twelve Colonies, specifically, if there was any action that the Quorum could take to remove a President and if those rules are still in place among the fleet.

I also wonder if the military (read: Roslin's bed buddy Adama) would allow the lawful removal of the President by the Quorum if it could be justified.

Comment

Working...
                                X