The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    orion would look like orion as long as you're 'in line' with earth...so you could be hundreds of light years away, but be in line with earth adn still see orion as we see it
    Ok that makes sense. I guess they are closer than they realize.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
      the big and little dipper was in the scene when starbuck was looking out the window
      Sweet. Must go re-watch looking for constellations. I love the idea of all these subtle hints that they're getting closer.

Comment

lol yup and with how close the big dipper is to orion does this mean the demetrius will run into natalie and her gang?

Comment

this ep was ok. Cally's death was a little rushed imo but still well done. the Doc was so cool, smoking and pretending to be a ******* while talking about her marriage. I was hoping to see more of Kara and their mission but I guess we'll know soon enough - or not LOL. so what's up with the Cylons? are the 6s and 8s really gone? for once Baltar wasn't mentioned which is ok imo, this was more of a Cally ep. Lee seems to be the pain in the butt I imagined. I'm curious about executive order 112, hopefully this won't be forgotten. his role in Roslin's government will be interesting. not sure what the next ep's about but I'm looking forward to it
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I liked the episode (though I suppose I'm in the minority for wanting more Blatar). The only thing that really bugged me was Cally giving Tory the baby...it was just unbelievable to both my fiancee and me. Sure, she was drugged out, but I still don't see her letting anyone take the baby.
            Originally posted by Scyld
            The primary difference is that the old version is made of suck, while the new version is made of win.

Comment

Originally posted by LightMeDark View Post
              I liked the episode (though I suppose I'm in the minority for wanting more Blatar).
              lol youll get what u want in the next ep

Comment

Originally posted by munciefan View Post
                ok, completely stupid question, but I am old and forgetful, but what happened to this first human/cylon baby (i.e., is it back with the fleet?)

it seems like these hybrids are popping up all over the place...
                Hera is on Galactica. Three found her on New Caprica and Sharon later found out she was alive and had Helo shoot her so she could resurrect and find Hera. Then Caprica Six helped them escape the basestar.

I can't believe that Sharon and Helo would leave to go on this mission with Kara and leave Hera behind. I doubt that they would take her with them (maybe they did but it wasn't mentioned I don't think), but I can't see both of them leaving her behind after all the stuff they have had to go through.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Dylan 4
                  Huh?
                  Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

lol i think they meant the 4 of the final 5. cylon4

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                      Huh?
                      Those 4 found out they were Cylons because of All Along the Watchtower, a Bob Dylan song, hence the Dylan 4.

Comment

Just a point of clarification... the cylon ambush of the other cylons can be totally successful and there will still be sixes and eights around (Caprica 6 is in the brig on Galactica and Boomer 8 is with the Cavils and the like and Athena 8 is with Starbuck). If the ambush is successful, one would assume that the raiders will be lobotomized and the remaining Centurions would be normal non-sentient. Not sure if there are any extra Leobens hanging around...

It really seems like the writers don't have a plan and are making it up as they go... Chief's and Cally's kid would seem to be a half-breed, making Helo's and Athena's less unique... and it bothers me that the six Cylon models in the Cylon fleet aren't always shown... either the producers are being cheap or scheduling errors are preventing them from getting them altogether... even when they do show some of the other models, they don't always have speaking roles, making me wonder if they weren't photoshopped in...

I definitely got suckered into the ending of this episode and didn't see the last couple of twists coming (no I can't watch Cally killing herself and her baby... no wait, Tory is going to kill them... oh no Tory is sweet (great acting btw) and saving them... NO DIDN'T SEE THAT BACKHAND COMING!)... glad the show is on late, would hate to have that feeling of sad surprise stuck with me all day...

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          I hated him to! Roslin should be held accountable. But I hate seeing it, and I hate whoever's doing it. Though I still admire Lee for his intent. Confusing much?
                          What intent? Lee Adama (aka the Fool) did it just to strike back like a little spoiled little frak that he always is (that idiot smirk gave it away).

Everything that fool does is to strike back at either Daddy, the President or anyone in authority who hurts his little feelings. Even Tom Z was reacting very negatively (more like WTF?) at the way he brought it up. Tom is using that naive fool for his own purposes but openly outing him as the source in the middle of the meeting is not what Tom intended. He gave the fool too much credit for having a brain in that idiot head.

If you haven't guessed by now I hate the Lee Adama character with a passion.
                          You still don't get it
                          It's not about right
                          It's not about wrong
                          It's about power

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_J View Post
                            What intent? Lee Adama (aka the Fool) did it just to strike back like a little spoiled little frak that he always is (that idiot smirk gave it away).

Everything that fool does is to strike back at either Daddy, the President or anyone in authority who hurts his little feelings. Even Tom Z was reacting very negatively (more like WTF?) at the way he brought it up. Tom is using that naive fool for his own purposes but openly outing him as the source in the middle of the meeting is not what Tom intended. He gave the fool too much credit for having a brain in that idiot head.

If you haven't guessed by now I hate the Lee Adama character with a passion.
                            we need a certain recent buddyof apollo to come back and get his but in gear
                            Last edited by daniel9; 19 April 2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                              Yeah I had read that. But wouldn't that mean they were close to earth?
                              That was my guess. I'm guessing that the cylons don't know that they're that close to earth, seeing as they wouldn't recognize it or its constellations?

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              I can't believe that Sharon and Helo would leave to go on this mission with Kara and leave Hera behind. I doubt that they would take her with them (maybe they did but it wasn't mentioned I don't think), but I can't see both of them leaving her behind after all the stuff they have had to go through.
                              I couldn't believe it either. I also didn't understand why so many people had to accompany Starbuck in the first place. I figured it would be a skeleton crew at best and there wouldn't be nearly as many important people on board.

Originally posted by GateShip One View Post
                              Those 4 found out they were Cylons because of All Along the Watchtower, a Bob Dylan song, hence the Dylan 4.
                              Yeah, that's what I meant. I haven't caught on to calling them collectively the final five or FF because we don't know the fifth yet. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Granted, if roles were reversed and it Anders was the woman taking all that crap from her husband (Starbuck) (), we'd all be saying "get the hell out of there!" Which makes me second guess my opinions on Anders's position. But I still love him for it.

And I am so scared that Anders is going to do that as well.....
                                Now that you point that out, and I reread what I wrote… yeah, that is scary that he is putting up with all of that. You’re exactly right, if the roles were reversed, we would be supporting the “leave!” option immediately. (Makes one wonder how much more of the situation he can take before he decides not to put up with it anymore…)

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                I also wonder how much of the Chief's humanity was wrapped up into his commitment to Cally. I know he has Nicky, but I fear that Tory will attempt to manipulate him somehow, or his own programming will begin to influence him, or something...the last time he had suspicions he was a Cylon he reacted violently. What's he going to become now that he knows he is one, and his family is shattered?
                                I suspect it’s going to make him more susceptible to Tory’s influence…and if I were him, I’d loose my footing pretty quick after discovering of Cally’s death. I also fear for the well-being of his son… I mean, like you point out, he reacted violently before…and now that he knows he’s a cylon for a fact—I suppose it depends on how well he embraces his inner-cylon, if you know what I mean. Will he see himself as a monster or as someone who can help the human race? (And how will he view his son in that respect?)

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                                What I was suprised the most about was that Kara was not alone on the Demetrius. (I had been asking myself since last week if she would go nuts out there alone)
                                I couldn't believe it either. I also didn't understand why so many people had to accompany Starbuck in the first place. I figured it would be a skeleton crew at best and there wouldn't be nearly as many important people on board.
                                I was taken by surprise by this as well, especially since this mission appears questionable. I understand the need to have others with to validate any of Kara’s findings, but… well, this way it opens the doors for good drama, right?

Another thing: it's been confirmed that you can see the constellation Orion during the basestar battle. I can't believe something so blatant would be put in by accident.
                                Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                                the big and little dipper was in the scene when starbuck was looking out the window
                                I must pay attention to the star patterns in future episodes!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i'm wondering if it ties into Kara somehow. If there's some people tha share a genetic makeup with kara of some sort that makes them succeptible/open to cylon info/broadcasting

like, what if kara and possibly callie are early generation 'half breeds'? a result of some sort of genetic manipulation from the first cylon war, some sort of test that's been left to run its course for years
                                I found myself wondering about Kara and the potential that her mother might not have told her everything that happened to her during that first war. Genetic Manipulation could have been part of it. (I wonder if that plays into Kara’s “destiny” of sorts…if not genetic manipulation, maybe her mother ran into one of those hybrids that prophesize left and right…)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X