No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. REALLY sad though!! Talk about intense...
    And yeah...starbuck storyline= really slow

Comment

lol i wonder whatd happen if cally returned because of the ship of lights?

Comment

I have to say I was pretty much *Blahed* by this whole episode.

I would have cared that Cally died had I even understood why she had gone around the bend and was so emotionally unstable that she would be willing to kill herself as well as her child. Sorry but I don't think RDM showed that well enough. It was too fast, too frantic and made her death ....not much

Tory....and here we thought the fianl 5 might be a bit more enlightened than the other 7...guess what...NOT.

I don't know if it is my disgust at RDM for bringing a minor character to the forefront or my dislike of the performance of this actress. But I completely am bored by the Tory storyline and have gotten coffee most times she and anyone are on screen. This character came out of nowhere and is now a huge part of the show. Annoys me that RDM & co couldn't use a character that we at least had something invested. As it is I feel nothing and could care less what happens to at least Tory and Anders.... Tigh and Tyrol I have at least some time invested in and they are interesting when they are not acting like junkies needing a fix.

Starbuck and the Hunt for Red.Oct......Opps I meant Earth What a mess of a character . Kara was a bit disoriented and willing to do many things to get some belief in her. But now here she is actually on her way and Adama did give her a chance....and this is what we see. A demented Kara Thrace that is acting like *Capt Ahab*...where was that white devil whale hiding anyhow. Then the whole thing with Anders...excuse me... Ummmm could they have made Anders any more pathetic...I didn't believe so...until now.

The Cylon storyline was at least interesting, intriguing and had a nice surprise moment. The CGI was excellent as well.

For the first time since this show aired....I am seriously not worried about seeing it.... it is getting to convaluted and and too dark to make me even care if they find earth... let alone deserve to live there.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

the way i took the hybrids message was that the final 5 won't hurt anyone on galactica .....

..i didn't think of the raiders
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            the way i took the hybrids message was that the final 5 won't hurt anyone on galactica .....

..i didn't think of the raiders
            LOL I guess someone should have told Tory about that message BEFORE she went into that airlock
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

callie going crackers would have been more believable had we actually seen it over the past few eps, or at least had galen mention how whacked his wife had been acting.

it's almost as if, rdm decided to kill her but could only get the actress for one eps, so she was brought back just to kill her

You know, even if they couild have only gotten her for one week, couldn't they have sprinkled a scene or two earlier in the run, just to establish callie cracking up?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Have I missed something? Why hasn't there been a fuss made over the second hybrid child (Callie and Tyrol's) as there was with Hera? Is is because the original 7 cylon models don't know about the 4 on Galactica? Perhaps it's because the father here is the Cylon, rather than the mother? Did Torrey make sure she saved the child because it's a hybrid? (I don't think it's because she's a humanitarian). Does anyone think this will be part of the developing story of season 4? I'd love to know what Callie was thinking when she was thinking of taking her child out with her for a walk in space. Or was she not thinking at all, just completely going off the deep end, so to speak.
                If you're not going to learn from your mistakes, don't make any!

Comment

Spoiler tag for length!

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  The executive order Zarek gave in "Collaborators" was never given a number nor made public - not even, I believe, to the Quorum. EO112, as per Roslin's own description, had only been proposed and had not yet been finished. I'm guessing this is what was in the "Classified" folder Zarek gave Lee, but that could have been about anything from a new color scheme for the upholstery to the Demetrius' mission. I'm pretty sure Roslin flipped positions, as it were, after Baltar's trial. Remember her conversation with the Admiral? That certainly suggested to me that she wants to control the judicial branch so as to get her preferred result, at least in the high-profile cases. Is Lee and/or Zarek wrong for calling public attention to this? Absolutely not. Cain did the same thing to Adama regarding the independent tribunals - and now that precedents have been established, it's important for the RTF (who are still clinging to Colonial law [but that's a different story entirely...]) to separate the branches of government.

I don't know about Lee trying to help Roslin out, but you nailed the single most important thing about that entire scene - when Lee stood up to talk, everyone else shut the frak up. Everyone. Not even the reporters were talking. When Roslin was talking, there were murmurs; nobody listened to Zarek trying to call order; and when that poor sap from Sagittaron (what happened to Sarah?) was talking, not even Roslin was listening to him. But Lee, for whatever reason, already commands more attention among the other delegates than does anyone else. It could be his military experience, especially when he brought up the Demetrius; it could be his sheer newness, and people might want to see which way he's leaning before they disregard him; it could be his high-profile status, what with the Baltar trial and his heroics in the military. I don't know, but I do find it pretty amazing that a "junior delegate" can rather easily shut up a room full of politicians and reporters.

Yeah, these past few episodes have really built up doubt in Roslin, both as the "dying leader" and as a level-headed leader. I've certainly fallen under the influence of those who are sick of her. We'd seen it in private matters (like her conversation with the Admiral), but to bring such doubt out in a public forum such as the Quorum is certainly hammering the point home. I think it's also important that we take a step back here and remember that Roslin has never won an election. She has had leadership handed to her on a silver platter - twice. Does she need to be challenged? Frak yes. Does it appear anyone before Lee has done that (during the course of a term)? Not so much.

I can't fault Lee for standing up and speaking out in his first Quorum session. He wasn't asked to be the Caprica representative so he could sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else, he's there to participate and to make a difference - his words to Kara when describing how it felt like his destiny. If making a difference is opposing acts that counter established Colonial democracy and standing up to the increasingly-tyrannical Roslin (and apparently seeming like a whiny ***** in the process [a sentiment with which I certainly do not agree]), then so be it.

I just wanted to say I agree with everything you said...which is really odd because I am generally a contrarian.
                  Go Lee! Get Her! Get Her! Get Her!

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  Then the whole thing with Anders...excuse me... Ummmm could they have made Anders any more pathetic...I didn't believe so...until now.
                  Heh. My sentiments exactly.
                  Now everybody do a little imagining. Imagine that Anders is a girl and Starbuck is a guy. How objectionable do you find this depiction of Anders if he is a girl? Why is this behavior (accepting and even seeking abuse) more excusable in a guy? This guy needs some counseling, fast.
                  "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Real question: Concerning Boomer and Cavil... we're all assuming it's his idea, right? He's Model #1, he's making the public decisions. What if Boomer's running the show? I find it rather difficult to believe Cavil could seduce Boomer, or even find some way to require her services (the way he did with Ellen) - so why could this not go the other way? Couldn't Boomer have the agenda, wanting to see the religious Cylons gone? She has been rather disillusioned by the humans, and perhaps that's unhinged her more than we'd previously thought.
                    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

interesting premise. boomer is using cavil to discredit his own 'kind' so that they can be shut down.

that'd be a cool twist

sigpic

Comment

Got a thought to ponder.

Isn't it interesting that the guys in the 7 can't reproduce (presumption: with humans or skinjobs). But you have Chief with a son... Hmmm...

If the male skinjobs could reproduce with humans, wouldn't we have seen some evidence of it by now. The only thing I've heard of was that the Cylons were harvesting female reproductive organs. Might be nothing though.

Comment

RDM has already stated in Interviews that they are basically ignoring Tyrol's son and the whole hybrid issue with him.

Now RDM could have been lying or not know that he might come up with a story later. But at the time of the interviews that was his basic answer (paraphrased by me of course )

I thought Dee was just as pathetic and in need of counseling in the whole *I wanted you as long as Kara would let me* cry fest.
                          So seeing Anders doing basically the same type of *self-abuse* for whatever his reasons are. Just made me cringe. This is the top people in the story and their aides in some way and all of them are essentially amoral, and seemingly sociopathic.

About the only decent human being on this show any longer is that little boy who got better from meningitis. ...

really makes me wonder what sorts of relationships the writers are using as their *template*

Comment

I think the writers have set up Lee to be the final cylon as he has all of a sudden decided to be a politician, getting himself into a position of power and in te last episode he cliamed he didn;t know why he was changing career......it just reminds me of Leoben claiming that Adama was a cyclon - we all though he meant the admiral at the time but now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                              Real question: Concerning Boomer and Cavil... we're all assuming it's his idea, right? He's Model #1, he's making the public decisions. What if Boomer's running the show? I find it rather difficult to believe Cavil could seduce Boomer, or even find some way to require her services (the way he did with Ellen) - so why could this not go the other way? Couldn't Boomer have the agenda, wanting to see the religious Cylons gone? She has been rather disillusioned by the humans, and perhaps that's unhinged her more than we'd previously thought.
                              Not something I had considered before ...but seriously liking your suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by Albee View Post
                                I think the writers have set up Lee to be the final cylon as he has all of a sudden decided to be a politician, getting himself into a position of power and in te last episode he cliamed he didn;t know why he was changing career......it just reminds me of Leoben claiming that Adama was a cyclon - we all though he meant the admiral at the time but now.....
                                yeah, but lee is in the photo, and RDM has said anyone in the photo that's not already outed as a cylon isn't

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X