Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood & Chrome : News/Speculation/ General Discussion (Spoilers for Pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Where are these images ^ from?
      sigpic

Comment

Someone posted them on Trek BBS, they were from an article that then took them down, but someone managed to save them.
        Last edited by KEK; 13 February 2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

sweet! good find!

Comment

I get the feeling they're trying to do a Trek with this.

It's supposed to take place 2 years before the scenes we saw in Razor, it's going to take some stretch of imagination to forget the age continuity error in every scene unless they age this kid up so he looks somewhere close to Cortez did in Razor.

But saying that I'll still watch it, this is only a 2 hour backdoor pilot at the moment right, nobody's committed to a series just yet have they?

Comment

I look forward to it. I doubt it'll be another pointless Trek-style series. The universe of BSG is so brutal that it'd be difficult to make it lighthearted. I hope they try something different, not like Caprica, not as slow (as much as I enjoyed it), but also doesn't jump too far ahead in one episode. Military focus is good, but I do wonder how much they can cover which wasn't covered in its mother show.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I dunno. I don't get why they need to make a spin off of the first Cylon war. They should have either just continued with BSG, or not given up on Caprica to fully explain the pretext to the wars and Cylons.

Or maybe try a whole different angle, focusing on Kobol and the 13 colonies.

Comment

Mike Dopud (Varro in SGU) has booked a as of yet unknown role in B&C.

He posted a tweet about the news

Thx bro RT @RichardYearwood: Congratulations to Mike Dopud on another booking. The new BSG. His star is rising everyday.
                  sigpic
                  My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                    So, like with SG, he'll be in all three series.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thx bro RT @RichardYearwood: Congratulations to Mike Dopud on another booking. The new BSG. His star is rising everyday.
                      Good for him. Hopefully, it is a decent sized role.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        So, like with SG, he'll be in all three series.
                        They got a great actor booked, thats for sure. Its the only pro actor I've seen this far in the cast.

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                        They should have either just continued with BSG, or not given up on Caprica to fully explain the pretext to the wars and Cylons.
                        Which would be extremely boring? The only thing I originally liked about BSG, were the insane war scenes. I couldn't get enough of them, the adrenaline rush of a real battle. Now thats real entertainment!

I agree they should have explained the pretext to war, but I'm sure that was their intention too, before they got cancelled. So it would have been very stupid to make another BSG series only to get cancelled because there's not enough action.

And there's no way to continue BSG itself because the ships are all vaporised within the star. Unless somehow some other survivor battlestar fleet miraculously shows up, with a mixed of first generation cylons + 2nd generation and maybe another new generation on their tail (which is pretty far fetched)

Comment

how about the Cylons that parted ways with the Colonials?

Comment

I'm really starting to like Mr. Dopud. So thats neat news.

Comment

The kid playing Adama needs to put on about 20 lbs of muscle so he had the physicality of a fighter pilot. other then that im pumped for this as i was bummed about Caprica, i thought it had great possibilities!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyr1391 View Post
                                The kid playing Adama needs to put on about 20 lbs of muscle so he had the physicality of a fighter pilot. other then that im pumped for this as i was bummed about Caprica, i thought it had great possibilities!
                                He may put on a few pounds for the role.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X