BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.daemonstv.com/2008/12/19/...-great-notion/

New *spoiler* BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Pictures from January 2009 Premiere “Sometimes A Great Notion”

Even more BSG news at

http://www.daemonstv.com/category/ca...tar-galactica/

---------------

BSG is also profiiled on the front of the new SciFi magazine

Battlestar Galactica
    Executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick look ahead to the final 10 episodes. The ragtag crew has at last found Earth — but now what?

On stands now.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - CinemaSpy: Exclusive Interview - Rekha Sharma:

At CinemaSpy:

(Please follow the link for the complete CinemaSpy interview.)

Exclusive Interview: 'Battlestar Galactica's' Rekha Sharma

A candid conversation with one of the 'final five'

By Robert Falconer | Tuesday, January 13, 2009

With only two days left until the final 10 episodes of Battlestar Galactica debut on SCI FI Channel (SPACE in Canada), and 10 webisodes entitled "The Resistance" that have teased viewers during the interim break, anticipation about how this show is going to wrap is building to a fever pitch. By all accounts the series has been fortunate in that the producers had the opportunity to dovetail it's various story threads into a conclusion that satisfied them, something executive producer Ron Moore told TV Guide in the past few days.

"I think we were able to answer most of the questions that we’d raised over the years," Moore said. "And, sort of, to resolve most of the mysteries and at the same time give a resolution to all the character arcs and to wrap it up by the end. And we don’t save everything until the last episode. We sort of start answering questions along the way."

Chief amongst those questions, of course, is 'Who is the final Cylon?', something about which fans have been speculating across the blogosphere since the show ended its fourth season last March, with the fleet arriving at what — on the surface at least — is ostensibly Earth after some sort of apocalypse. Theories abound, but while we wait for the mystery to begin unraveling this Friday, we thought it would be appropriate to sit and chat with one member of the 'final five' for whom mystery and surprise has been a constant companion: Tory Foster, aka Canadian actress Rekha Sharma. As most readers well know, Tory embraced her inner Cylon (piss her off, say hello to an airlock) even while Tigh fluttered about in denial, the Chief cogitated, and Anders just went along with the whole thing, few questions asked.

For Sharma, it's a role that she has thoroughly embraced. The charming Vancouver-born actress — who has been featured on such American shows as Dark Angel, Smallville and John Doe, along with popular Canadian series such as DaVinci's City Hall and The Guard — is intelligent, warm, gracious and very cognizant of the fact that Galactica has offered a level of performance intensity and opportunity that comes along rarely for most actors. (To watch her debut scene on the series, click the Video tab at the top of the article.)

A brief excerpt:

Robert: Let's get right to it and talk about Galactica's final 10 episodes. Are you excited about what happens to Tory?

Rekha Sharma: Yeah...yeah...yeah. But I can't tell you what happens [laughs]. Other than to say it is beautiful, touching, heartbreaking and exciting. When I read the script for the two part ending there were about ten pages where my heart was literally racing as I was reading it. And there was another part where I was crying. I was on a plane and there was a woman next to me looking at me like I was insane as I was reading it and wiping the tears from my eyes.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - TV Guide Online: Jamie Bamber Interview:

At TV Guide Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Jamie Bamber Promises Answers on Battlestar Galactica

Jan 16, 2009 - by Erin Fox

Jamie Bamber's run as the handsome fighter pilot, and now vice president, on Battlestar Galactica (Friday, 10 pm/ET, Sci Fi) will be coming to an end in a few months as the show draws to a conclusion. TVGuide.com spoke to the sexy Brit, now back in the UK filming Law & Order: London, about the questions that will be answered throughout the last season of BSG, how he reacted to the final script and why he stole his flight suit from set.

A brief excerpt:

... TVGuide.com: Was the end of the show satisfying to you, and was it emotional?

Bamber: Yeah, it really was. The way that scripts are delivered, people read them at different times, and I think I was one of the last people to read [the finale] — just because I was working all day. Other cast members had had time to read it, and I looked up at Aaron Douglas wandering around with his iPod in his ears and tears in his eyes holding the script. Different people were falling down [crying] as it were and you think, "What's up with everyone? Oh they're reading the final thing." So, I sat down and read it and the same thing happened to me, you know, you tear up. It was an extraordinary piece of work on the page. ... And, [it] was so character driven. It was like a piece of music, with repetitive themes and suddenly the whole five seasons of these individual's journeys was kind of all present on the same time onscreen. You felt the entirety of their experience. And that's really the climax of the show; it was about who the final Cylon is ... and we've already found Earth. All those things happen and then you're left with actually what the story's really been about. Which is: what is it to be human in a big old universe which is empty and cold and scary? What life is about and what consciousness is about? They're left at the end with these big questions on their mind. And, wondering what they should do with themselves having reached a place of finality. It was really profound.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

BSG: TV Guide Online: Video Interview - Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell:

At TV Guide Online:

VIDEO: Battlestar's "Adama" and "Roslin" Drop Final Season Hints

Jan 16, 2009 by by Erin Fox

Toasters beware! Battlestar Galactica's Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama) and Mary McDonnell (President Roslin) are in the house! Olmos and McDonnell stopped by TVGuide.com for a lengthy and emotional interview about their journeys on four seasons of the hit Sci Fi show. We have so much good footage that we're splitting up the interview into several parts. Part 1 below features a candid conversation about Adama's and Roslin's strengths and weaknesses — including Adama's downward spiral into alcoholism this season. Also, watch to find out if either of them ever thought their characters were Cylons. Battlestar's final season begins Friday at 10 pm/ET.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ronald D. Moore Talks Galactica Mysticism, Caprica and The Plan TV Movie

MediaBlvd Magazine posted a Q&A session with Battlestar Galactica producer Ronald D. Moore and here are few excerpts.

Ben Bova once complained about New Age mystic fantasy being packaged with science fiction. He cited Luke Skywalker in his hitech X-Wing, in the last great battle of Star Wars, eschewing the ship's targeting systems, listening instead to the voice of Ben telling him to "Use the Force" before dropping the big one on the Death Star. By analogy, Bova said that this would be the equivalent of Norman Schwartzkopf asking Shirley Maclaine to assist him in the final assault against the Iraqi's in Kuwait. I thought of Ben Kenobi and Ben Bova as I watched Kara Thrace and her "feeling" that she knew the road to Earth and that we should all just believe her and follow her there. It just seemed like it came from the same place. Is there too strong an emphasis on mysticism and faith in the Galactica universe? Shouldn't the scientific approach pave the road to Earth?

"I think that the Galactica universe is one in which there are certain events and phenomena which cannot be explained by rational means, and so Kara's (and Laura's) belief in visions or mystic happenings are legitimate character choices in that universe.

"There are certainly many people in our contemporary world who would argue strongly that there are things beyond the realm of scientific understanding or rationality and can only be explained by the divine or the supernatural and who would just as strongly resist the label of New Age mystic - namely the members of most major religions.

"We've tried to present the mystical elements of the show in an ambiguous way, allowing characters like Adama and Lee to completely dismiss them as anything more than wishful thinking or coincidence and I don't think we've endorsed a particular answer for the mysteries of the universe.

"I felt that questions of faith were important to understanding the human condition and therefore the Galactica characters would wrestle with these questions and some members would find answers and some would not. Ultimately, it's a creative choice that I'm comfortable with and feel it's one of the things that make this show unique."

Caprica has been advertised as a kind of American Beauty meets Dallas, an Earth-bound, or Caprica-bound SF, with various character and plot elements to tie it in to the current series. While many will watch because it's a Galactica prequel, others are worried about what has the appearance of a character soap opera with lower budget constraints that kind of hovers on the outer edge of the Galactica franchise. Do you think the pilot will find a niche among fans of the current series?

"Our budget is comparable to Galactica, but will be tougher to produce because it's so location-driven (unlike BSG, which had many more standing sets). It's a different series with different goals and we'll have to see what the audience reaction is. We're happy with it and are looking forward to doing great things on Caprica."

Separate from Caprica, do you envision any future 2-hour telemovies or direct to DVD's set in the Galactica universe? Or a sequel series set after the events of the last episode?

"The Plan is officially the last BSG project, but we've digitally archived all the sets and I've learned never to say never in this business."

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/01/...ovienbsp.shtml

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Video: The Battlestar Galactica Auction:

At Canada's Space Channel's The Circuit:

The Circuit : January 2009 : The Battlestar Galactica Auction

4:11

800-plus props, set pieces and costumes hit the auction block last weekend. We popped out to Pasadena to glimpse the auction room floor and were given a personal tour of the CIC set by Michael Hogan. As Michael demonstrates, some of the props that were meant to look run-down actually functioned that way too.

Also interviewed are art decorator Doug McLean and set decorator Jonathan Lancaster.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Space Podcast: TWO Audio Interviews From Canada's Space Channel's Space Podcast:

February 6, 2009 -

Grace Park, Neil Gaiman, and Camilla Belle, discuss Battlestar Galactica, Coraline, and Push, respectively. The vault features a conversation between Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons and screenwriter David Hayter.

Download link

~~**~~**

January 30, 2009 -

This week we focus on the BSG Auction, with special guests Michael Trucco, Richard Hatch, Alec Peters, and Ken Hawryliw. Writer Jane Espenson discusses her feelings about the final season of BSG, and Neil Gaiman discusses Coraline.

Download link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Videos: The Circuit - SPACE's favourite moments with BSG:

At Canada's Space Channel's current events show, The Circuit:

The Circuit : January 2009 : SPACE's favourite moments with BSG

We have spent a lot of time with the great cast and crew of Battlestar Galactica and we would like to share with you some of our favourite moments.

|3:27|

Clip includes Edward James Olmos, Grace Park, Katee Sackhoff, Ron Moore, Tricia Helfer, Aaron Douglas, James Callis, Alessandro Juliani, Nicki Clyne, Michael Trucco, Jamie Bamber and Kandyse McClure. Also includes a brief behind-the-scenes look at Aaron Douglas and Nicki Clyne rehearsing their space walk.

~~**~~**

The Circuit : January 2009 : Battlestar Galactica Cast Reflects on the Show

The cast and crew of BSG reflect on the tremendous impact that this show has had on their careers and personal lives.

~~**~~**

The Circuit : January 2009 : Battlestar Galactica and the Spaceys

Did you know that SPACE bestowed the first-EVER award on BSG? Cuz it's true. Stick around while Helo gives a tour of the BSG set.

~~**~~**

The Circuit : January 2009 : Where Are They Now?

What roles are BSG cast taking now that the series has wrapped? Katee Sackoff, for one, says she is done with Sci-Fi while Helo (Tahmoh Penikett) is working with genre king Joss Whedon.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Exclusive! Battlestar Galactica's Kate Vernon reveals massive secrets!

Battlestar Galactica cast member Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh) talked with SCI FI Wire exclusively about the show and what role she may play in the series' final episodes in advance of tonight's installment, "No Exit." Click on the jump to read the full interview, but beware: There are big, massive spoilers ahead!

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/exclusi...ve-secrets.php

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Space Podcast: Alessandro Juliani Interview:

At Canada's Space Channel's Space Podcast:

February 13, 2009 -

This week we have interviews with Clement Virgo, Lesley Livingston, Neil Gaiman, Ken Lashley, and Allessandro Julianni. Natasha Eloi joins host Mark Askwith for a chat. The vault features an interview with the author of Darwin’s Ghost, Steve Jones.

Download link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Slice of SciFi: Aaron Douglas Audio Interview:

At Slice of SciFi:

Slice of SciFi #195: Interview with Aaron Douglas of “Battlestar Galactica”

Interview: This week, we talk to Aaron Douglas who plays Chief Tyrol on SciFi’s “Battlestar Galactica.” He also talks about the history of his character and his approach to playing Chief Tyrol.

Download link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Space - Phoners with Jamie Bamber/Michael Hogan:

Canada's Space Channel and their current events show, The Circuit, telephoned the cast of Battlestar Galactica. Here are "phoners" with Michael Hogan and Jamie Bamber.

Michael Hogan - Part 1

Battlestar Galactica's Michael Hogan helps set up where the show is going in the first episode back of the last half of season four, "Sometimes a Great Notion".

Michael Hogan - Part 2

Michael Hogan talks about the looming issue of trust between Col. Tigh and Adm. Adama.

Michael Hogan - Part 3

Michael Hogan talks about the powerful scene between a surprised Col. Tigh and a furious but lost Adm. Adama. He reveals what it was like to film that scene and some other favourites with Edward James Olmos.

Michael Hogan - Part 4

Michael Hogan talks about the possibility of Col. Tigh and Adm. Adama getting back to the friendship that they once had.

Michael Hogan - Part 5

Michael Hogan talks about which side Col. Tigh stands on.

Michael Hogan - Part 6

Michael Hogan tells us a bit about Col. Tigh's relationship with Number Six.

Michael Hogan - Part 7

Michael Hogan talks about his career, playing Col. Tigh and the pleasure it was to develop that character on such an iconic show.

Michael Hogan - Part 8

Michael Hogan talks about the writers and scripts of Battlestar Galactica.

~~**~~**

Jamie Bamber - Part 1

SPACE gives a call to Jamie Bamber of Battlestar Galactica. Jamie sets up what happened in episode twelve of season four, "A Disquiet Follows My Soul" and where everybody stands now.

Jamie Bamber - Part 2

On the heels of another major death in the fleet with the suicide of Dualla, Jamie Bamber comments on saying goodbye to cast-mates.

Jamie Bamber - Part 3

Jamie Bamber talks about his surprise finding out that Ellen Tigh was the fifth cylon.

Jamie Bamber - Part 4

Jamie's a little baffled about what's happening to Starbuck and he's not willing to share too much of what he does know.

Jamie Bamber - Part 5

Jamie's still a little baffled about what's happening to Starbuck and he's not willing to share too much of what he does know.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - SFX Magazine - Jamie Bamber Interview:

At SFX Magazine:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

INTERVIEW BSG's Jamie Bamber is back in the UK

Monday February 23, 2009

Long-running US crime drama Law And Order's come over the Atlantic and it's brought one of the stars of Battlestar Galactica with it. As the new London-set drama comes to ITV1, we speak to returning Brit star Jamie Bamber, the man who plays Lee Adama in BSG, about coming home, playing a cop and coming to the end of one of the finest SF shows of all time.

A brief excerpt:

Does anyone get a happy ending?

Define happy! I think the point of Battlestar is it really does examine what that means. It’s really a show about what it is to be human and how we make sense of nonsense and how we create hope where perhaps hope is a bit of an illusion, a bit of a choice and that you choose to believe rather than something that’s concrete, and that’s really what the show’s always been about, that happiness is achievable even in the direst of situations if you are equipped and can create that state of mind. At the end, some are happy and some are not, but it’s more about who they are and what they’ve learned than about the situation.

Law And Order starts on ITV1 tonight at 9pm.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Slightly off-topic I know but I didn't want to start a new thread for a question.

If this the actor who plays Starbuck (far right)

Law & Order|UK

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                                Slightly off-topic I know but I didn't want to start a new thread for a question.

If this the actor who plays Starbuck (far right)

Law & Order|UK
                                No, that's Jamie Bamber who plays Apollo.

Starbuck is Katee Sackhoff.

But thank you for the photo!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X