Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, but it does count as a part of the extended season, last I heard.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
      From FilmJerk:
      Spoiler:

New character in "Battlestar Galactica" season 4 premiere

By CassyHavens
      May 6th, 2007

"Battlestar Galactica" returns in season four with a two-part episode entitled "Razor," and with it, comes a new female character.

For this episode only, we are introduced to Kendra Taggert, a Major from the now-destroyed Pegasus, who lost it when the war with the Cylons started, and is somewhat unhinged now. Her mother was a Quorum delegate who had to call in a few favors to get her aboard the Pegasus, with the expectation Kendra would command the fleet eventually. Another chick in her late 20's, Kendra should fit in with the other female leads on "Galactica" now, not to mention the fact that she could relate to Lee Adama, given their similar circumstances.

The last season of "Galactica" drew some criticism from fans and critics alike for its unbalanced portrayal of its normally strong female characters. President Roslin's cancer has relapsed and she had little to do during Gaius Baltar's trial; Starbuck went more nuts and died only to return in the final moments of the season; and Roslin's assistant, Tory, who has had nothing to do after rigging the presidential election during season 2, was revealed as a Cylon. With this new addition, are we being set up for more of the same? The Amazonian Cylon women also seemed shortchanged last season. I wouldn't mind a little more asskicking.

We can also expect a few flashback scenes with a 20-something Admiral Adama, back when he was a rookie fighter pilot.

The two-part season premiere starts filming next week.

The Scorecard
      Executive Producers: David Eick, Ronald D. Moore, Harvey Frand
      Writer: Michael Taylor
      Director: Felix Alcala
      Whether it's the movie or the season premiere, sounds cool, can't wait!

Comment

Wizard Entertainment: Battlestar Galactica Action Figures:

From Wizard Entertainment:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../004492399.cfm

(Please follow the link for the complete interview. There are photos at the site.)

CREATED BY MAN

Sci Fi’s hit BattleStar Galactica finally gets some frakkin’ good toys

By Justin Aclin

Posted May 7, 2007 4:50 PM

So you say you want toys based on Battlestar Galactica, the hit adult sci-fi show that’s wrapping up its third mind-blowing, sexy robot-full season? Well, Diamond Select Toys has just one thing to say to that: “By your command.”

DST will be rolling out figures based on the show starting this August in the same style and scale as their Star Trek, Stargate and Buffy figures. We sat down with DST’s Director Chuck Terceira to find out what kind of birthing chamber these toys had to go through and what kind of surprises we can expect from the line, because it just wouldn’t be “BSG” without surprises.

TOYFARE: When did Battlestar Galactica first land on your radar? Were you guys watching from the beginning, or did you notice it was picking up buzz?

CHUCK TERCEIRA: We were Galactica fans from the original TV show, and we've loved the modern take since the SCI FI Channel miniseries. Art Asylum was able to jump in right away and get resin and MiniMates rights that they later brought to us to partner with. But we had to wait for some rights to clear before we could make our move for the action figures. It’s been a long road, but worth every step.

How did you guys decide to use Jean St. Jean as the sculptor on the project?

We picked him for this long before the license was signed and long before we even told him about it. Art Asylum was working on the designs for the figures before the ink was even dry on our contract and [Art Asylum Vice-President] Robert Yee and I decided we really liked how the Stargate figures were coming along and wanted the same feel—with some extra Art Asylum flair thrown in. So Jean was the only choice.

**snippage**

Be sure to check out our complete Battlestar Galactica episode guide—with cast and creator commentary on every single episode—next issue in ToyFare #119.

FRAKKIN’ SWEET!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ‘Battlestar’ cast speaks out on having their own toys

JAMIE BAMBER (Lee “Apollo” Adama): “It’s really exciting. When I was a kid I had those kinds of toys—the Star Wars ones in particular I was crazy about. So it’s kind of a trip. They’re not genuine toys. I think they’re toys for adults that should know better, because our show’s a bit adult.”

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I wanna Cally action figure!
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Woohoo! So dying for a Starbuck action figure.

Comment

Oooo - Starbuck in the dress from "Colonial Day", that would be cool.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Crave Online: Mark Stern (SciFi Channel) Interview:

In this interview, Mr. Stern discusses season 4 of BSG and the new series, Flash Gordon. Please follow the link below for the complete interview.

From Crave Online:

http://www.craveonline.com/filmtv/ar...i_vp_talks_bsg

Mark Stern gives details on Battlestar Galactica season 4.

Fred Topel, CraveOnline
                May 8, 2007

Ron Moore talked a lot about plans for the next season of Battlestar
                Galactica. You can't go much higher than him, but maybe the vice
                president of programming for Sci-Fi Channel would work. Mark Stern
                added to Moore's tease of season for, as well as previewed the new
                Sci-Fi series Flash Gordon. Eric Johnson plays the title hero with
                the female lead still to be cast, but it looks to be a very different
                update to a classic than Battlestar.

Crave Online: I know you just wrapped, but when can we have more
                Battlestar?

Mark Stern: We're wrapped on season three. Season four is now going
                to be 22 episodes. Two of those are going to be kind of an extended
                two hour episode coming back in November that is a standalone movie
                unto itself. It's great, it fills in some other mythologies. It's not
                just a continuation between season three and season four. And then
                the remaining 20 episodes are going to be broken in half and come
                back in '08.

**major snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  Crave Online: Mark Stern (SciFi Channel) Interview:

In this interview, Mr. Stern discusses season 4 of BSG and the new series, Flash Gordon. Please follow the link below for the complete interview.

From Crave Online:

http://www.craveonline.com/filmtv/ar...i_vp_talks_bsg

Mark Stern gives details on Battlestar Galactica season 4.

Fred Topel, CraveOnline
                  May 8, 2007

Ron Moore talked a lot about plans for the next season of Battlestar
                  Galactica. You can't go much higher than him, but maybe the vice
                  president of programming for Sci-Fi Channel would work. Mark Stern
                  added to Moore's tease of season for, as well as previewed the new
                  Sci-Fi series Flash Gordon. Eric Johnson plays the title hero with
                  the female lead still to be cast, but it looks to be a very different
                  update to a classic than Battlestar.

Crave Online: I know you just wrapped, but when can we have more
                  Battlestar?

Mark Stern: We're wrapped on season three. Season four is now going
                  to be 22 episodes. Two of those are going to be kind of an extended
                  two hour episode coming back in November that is a standalone movie
                  unto itself. It's great, it fills in some other mythologies. It's not
                  just a continuation between season three and season four. And then
                  the remaining 20 episodes are going to be broken in half and come
                  back in '08.

**major snippage**
                  Broken in half??? This mean we'll end up with a 4.0 and a 4.5 AGAIN. Is it really that hard to air 20 episodes without break?

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Oooo - Starbuck in the dress from "Colonial Day", that would be cool.
                    Colonial Day dress? Bah, the girl needs full flight suit, or just the regular uniform. Not the dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      Colonial Day dress? Bah, the girl needs full flight suit, or just the regular uniform. Not the dress.
                      Yeah, obviously. But I meant as a limited edition variant
                      sigpic

Comment

Saturn award 2007 winners

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=41450

Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series: Battlestar Galactica

CONGRATULATIONS!
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Saturn award 2007 winners

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=41450

Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series: Battlestar Galactica

CONGRATULATIONS!
                          Once again well deserved.

Has BSG won it for every season now?

Comment

We already know that Katee Sackhoff is in the new "Bionic Woman" series, and now the two other BSG alums making an appearence have been revealed to be Aaron Douglas, and Michael Hogan.

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423678.html

Comment

Good to see Aaron getting a post-BSG gig!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It's official, season 4 will be the last:

Battlestar Ending Next Season

The producers of SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica confirmed that the upcoming fourth season will be the show's last. Executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick said that it was a creative decision to end the acclaimed series with the upcoming 22-episode season.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement on May 31. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there: We're going out with a bang."

In November, a special two-hour Battlestar episode, "Razor," will air. The fourth season kicks off in early 2008.

At last month's Saturn Awards, Edward James Olmos said that the upcoming season would be the show's last, prompting Eick to say at the time that no decision had been made. "I promise you that when Ron and I make a decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know," he said then.

Scifiwire.com
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X