Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9th or not, it's a good list. It lacks all the awesome cable shows however.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Sorry for the late notice, but I just got the email.

http://www.mtr.org/festivals/paleyfest2006/lineup.htm

has a listing of presentations which the public can attend. It's by the
      William S. Paley Television festival. Check the link above for full details. This
      takes place in Los Angeles.

March 3 | Friday | 7:00 p.m.
      Battlestar Galactica

In Person:
      Jamie Bamber
      Mary McDonnell
      Grace Park
      James Callis
      Ronald D. Moore
      Katee Sackhoff
      David Eick
      Edward James Olmos

^

March 4 | Saturday | 7:00 p.m.
      Supernatural

In Person:
      Jensen Ackles
      McG
      Peter Johnson
      Jared Padalecki
      Eric Kripke
      John Shiban
      Kim Manners
      Robert Singer

Comment

It's a popularity contest. Lost is broadcast and gets, what, 16 or 18 million viewers each week? Galactica is on cable, the more expensive digital cable in some markets, and pulls 3 million on a good week. The fact that it's the only cable show in the top ten is a coup in this situation.

a time to mourn

Comment

Woooohoooo Grace Park is here in LA!!! Yippie!!!!

Great to see the cast is here in sunny California..
          Last edited by dec55; 02 March 2006, 11:52 AM.
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Meh...I never have any conventions where I live lol...I always have to go out of state...

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Deltoran
              Meh...I never have any conventions where I live lol...I always have to go out of state...
              Well, this isn't a convention but a seminar of sorts

Comment

even so...the point is...I wont get to see them

Comment

Any chance that they're gonna drop by NYC?

There's only us,
                  There's only this
                  Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                  No other road,
                  No other way
                  No day but today...

Comment

Ugh, Friday/Saturday could not come any sooner.

Comment

So this week has been pretty good to me - passing a couple big exams, the anticipation of the BSG season finale, friends popping up in unexpected - yet joyful - places...

... and then today - MY CABLE BOX DIED. The worst part? I don't know when it will be fixed!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! There are all these spoilers and I'm dying to see the darned episode - and I WON'T BE ABLE TO!

I am going into full-blown panic mode as of right now. Eek!
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh my lordy!!!!

I have only recently discovered BSG and I am totally & utterly addicted... to the point where I have watched the mini-series, season 1 & whats out of season 2 all in a couple of days... I just couldnt stop watching it!!!!
                        BSG convert....

Comment

From The Philadelphia Inquirer:

A whole new dimension for 'Battlestar Galactica'

The '70s series, overhauled to reflect today's issues, is flying high as television's only space odyssey.

By David Hiltbrand
                          Thu, Mar. 02, 2006

Click on the link to read the article. Some excerpts:

Outer space isn't a vacuum. But it's getting awfully sparse out there. Space operas have always been an integral part of the TV menu, from Captain Video to Farscape.

But at the moment, apart from the various Stargate series starring that guy from MacGyver, the only franchise still in orbit is Battlestar Galactica (Fridays, 10 p.m.) on the Sci Fi Channel.

That series is zipping along in its own curious warp drive. Because Battlestar Galactica is an extreme overhaul of a beloved '70s series with the same name, it both invites and shatters preconceptions with every episode. "That title," executive producer David Eick admits, "is both a blessing and a curse."

From that premise, the new Battlestar Galactica determinedly plots its own course. It certainly looks nothing like its prime-time predecessors - the alien freak-of-the-week formula employed by Star Trek, Babylon 5 and other shows.

On BSG (as Battlestar's legions of fans shorthand it on the Internet), we have met the enemy and they are us - at least on the surface. The robot Cylons, who are trying to exterminate mankind, have cloned the human form. The better to infiltrate our thin ranks.

"They pull a lot from contemporary politics," agrees John Kenneth Muir, author of An Analytical Guide to Television's Battlestar Galactica. "It's ripped from the headlines. There was an Abu Ghraib torture episode. It's pretty clear these are post-9/11 Americans in space."

The show's unconventional strategy seems to be paying off. As it approaches the final episode of its second season on March 10, BSG is averaging 2.3 million viewers a week. "It's our highest-rated original series ever," says Dave Howe, executive vice president of Sci Fi. "It's also our youngest skewing series, and it's unbelievably successful internationally as well."

While the characters in the '70s show were cut from a heroic mold, the new crew has issues. "What I've heard fans of the original say is that there's nobody to really like," Muir says. "People who were formerly honorable have been saddled with these soap-opera syndromes, like drinking or rage."

But it's precisely those darker qualities that many younger viewers are responding to. "I was a big Star Trek fan growing up," says Anna Voight, 23, of Virginia Beach. "Those characters didn't have flaws. On this show, everybody has a flaw. It adds to the character. I can relate to them more. They're very human."

Voight, whose husband is on active duty in the Navy and lives on a base with her and their three children, also enjoys BSG's military setting. "The show has a big following in the Navy," she says. "The chain of command is set up like the Navy, with admirals, XOs and chief petty officers. And the CIC [the ship's bridge] is arranged in the familiar watchfloor setting."

Many who have followed both incarnations prefer the second coming. "If you compare it to its predecessor, the new one far exceeds anything that I remember," says fan Cheryl Wilson-Smith, 33, of Sinking Spring, Pa. "The writing is so thought-provoking and edgy. You never know what they're going to zag you with next."

Apparently the writers have a doozy planned for next week's finale. "At the end of season one, one of our main characters, Boomer [Grace Park], who we believed to be a loyal soldier, fired two point shots into Admiral Adama [Olmos]," Eick says. "That was a hell of a cliff-hanger. We're resistant to trying to top that.

"But what we are doing is so shocking and radical, it's like yanking the rug out from under you when you least expect it."

As long as they hurry back for a third season. It's gotten awfully lonely out in space.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow
                            So this week has been pretty good to me - passing a couple big exams, the anticipation of the BSG season finale, friends popping up in unexpected - yet joyful - places...

... and then today - MY CABLE BOX DIED. The worst part? I don't know when it will be fixed!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! There are all these spoilers and I'm dying to see the darned episode - and I WON'T BE ABLE TO!

I am going into full-blown panic mode as of right now. Eek!

Why do you just turn your broken cable box into the cable company and get a new one?

Comment

Spolier speculation: (highlight & read)
                              I'm thinking adama and tigh are enstranged, adm adama & the president are the one getting married, and the new cylon turns out to be billy!

Comment

is anyone else the least bit curious as to who
                                Spoiler:
                                the couple who get hitched are?

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Working...
                                X