This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicket View Post
    Still more believeable than the current comicbook storyline, though!
    Oh, I dunno... I'm quite liking the comicbook at the moment.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

SCI FI Channel announced that Lucy Lawless will return to Battlestar Galactica for a minimum of two episodes of the show' s upcoming fourth and final season, currently in production in Vancouver. Lawless will reprise her role as D' Anna, the religious zealot who was deemed defective.
      Yay! I hope we get a scene with all 12 cylons.....

Comment

Blurb on today's BSG panel at Comic-Con:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/28/co...-panel-report/

The Battlestar Galactica panel was really a celebration of Battlestar's women. The panel opened with a montage video featuring all the female characters swearing or, at least, saying "frak" alot following the weighty words, "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
        Not much was revealed in terms of upcoming plot twists or who will survive the show's next and last season although Ron Moore said that Baltar and Six's destinies will probably most surprise us. The one quasi-spoiler was the return of Lucy Lawless. D'Anna will be "unboxed" for a three episode arc late in Season 4.

The SciFi Channel shared a preview of Razor, the Battlestar mini-series airing on November 24. There wasn't any new information shared in the preview. The series will depict the first Cylon war, and we'll see the Pegasus under attack. The mini-series won't resolve the third season's cliffhanger, but it will set-up some information that plays into the fourth season.

The title Razor is taken from the movie Patton in which George C. Scott looks over his troops and says, "We'll turn these guys into fanatics. We'll turn them into razors." It's a scene that Ron Moore and David Eick said they return to often when thinking about the Battlestar series.
        And there's a pic of Mary McDonall and Katee Sackhoff at the link.

Comment

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/blink/20...evealed_to.php

'Battlestar' Secrets Revealed (to Press)

click on link for the details and spoilers

Comment

Starburst Magazine #353 - Battlestar Galactica & More:

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D..._249.html#a353

Starburst #353, August 2007
            (Reference #353)
            Scheduled publication date August 1 2007

132 pages of Sci-Fi Entertainment!

The Starburst Interviews…

Torchwood executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season featuring Buffy star James Marsters! Plus, news on The Sarah Jane Adventures

Doctor Who (2000s) Actress Freema Agyeman on returning as Martha Jones in Torchwood and then back in Doctor Who

Heroes

• Actor Greg Grunberg on playing the thought-reading cop Matt Parkman
            • Actor Masi Oka on his role as the unlikely teleporting superhero Hiro

Flash Gordon New Series! Star Eric Johnson chats about his new role as the latest incarnation of Flash

Battlestar Galactica (2000s) Set Visit! We go behind the scenes for the filming of the fourth and final season!

Journeyman We find out all there is to know from the cast and crew at the launch of this new Time travel show

Bionic Woman Star Michelle Ryan and producer David Eick take us inside this new 21st Century bionic world

The Sci-Fi Lover’s Guide to YouTube We take a personal journey through the Sci-Fi treasures available on the increasingly popular website YouTube

Who Wants to be a Superhero Stan Lee reveals what to expect from the forthcoming second season of the US ‘talent’ show!

Lost Star Terry O’Quinn take time out to talk about his role as the mysterious John Locke

1408 Star Samuel L Jackson and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on the new Horror movie

The Starburst Vaults Reappraising genre classics – This issue: Tim Burton’s Batman

Including...

Our regular detailed look at all the new Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, film and TV releases both new and old on DVD, and we check out the best new collectables…

Picture Desk A 'sneak peek' at the hottest publicity stills! – This issue: Doctor Who (2000s) and Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency

A look at new cinema releases 1408, Death Proof, Disturbia and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The latest and up-to-date TV Reviews covering The 4400, The Dead Zone, Doctor Who (2000s) & Animated, Jekyll and Painkiller Jane

Book Reviews The Atrocity Archives, The Dreaming Void, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Heart of the Mirage, Hilldiggers, Saturn Returns

Comics Battlestar Galactica #11, ST:TNG – The Space Between #6,

Supernatural: Origins #3

Multimedia, DVDs, Soundtracks & Collectables

Sci-Fi Calendar All the latest release dates covering TV, movies, books and DVDs

Trailer Park We take a sideways look at the trailer for The Water Horse

Opinion Our regular columnist gives his thoughts on the worlds of Sci-Fi

In Numbers Get figure happy with Starburst’s numbers-related column! This issue: Stargate SG-1

Go to Web edition

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_display.htm

Price: $7.99

<><><><><><>

Feature: Torchwood

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_feat01.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete excerpt at Visimag.)

Feature: Torchwood

Gardner's World

Starburst recently caught up with executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

New (I think) spoilers from Ask Ausiello:

Spoiler:

Question: Weeds? Damages? Greek? Side of Life? Army Wives? Dr. Who? Battlestar Galactica? Psych? Monk? Burn Notice? Mad Men? Entourage? Closer? My Boys? Got anything on any of these? You would be my savior!— Sharon
              Ausiello: Wow, lots to choose from there. Let's go with BSG. As Syfyportal.com already reported, three humanoid Cylon models will be completely wiped out next season. Well, I just found out (Spoiler alert) which ones are getting retired, and I can tell you they all have one thing in common: their gender. And here's another tasty morsel: the name of the 13th Colony in the Colonial Scriptures? "Cylon."

That is very interesting, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Oh, I dunno... I'm quite liking the comicbook at the moment.
                You'll probably like the books then.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicket View Post
                  You'll probably like the books then.
                  Actually, I think the books so far sucked more than an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.

I've read better BSG fan fics.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Sci-fi channel has announced a contest running between 8/27 and 9/7 for fans to vote and choose from three different covers.

Vote now and participate in choosing the cover. American viewers get an exclusive preview as a thank you. Unfortunately non-Americans won't be able to see it yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                      Sci-fi channel has announced a contest running between 8/27 and 9/7 for fans to vote and choose from three different covers.

Vote now and participate in choosing the cover. American viewers get an exclusive preview as a thank you. Unfortunately non-Americans won't be able to see it yet.
                      Thanks for the heads up! Voted for cover "c". Didn't like Kendra Shaw's facial expressions on the first two, and I loved the 2.5 cover design. Though I hope they tweak the font of "Razor".

Comment

Do we have a release date for the Region 1 edition of Season 3.0 yet?
                        sigpic

Comment

Do we have a release date for the Region 1 edition of Season 3.0 yet?
                          No! Argh! I want my season three set now, I'm nearly done re-watching season two.

More info on the Razor DVD:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7944

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7949

And a mention on the season three DVD hold up- there is no news (for some reason I can't copy and past from the tvshowsondvd website), but it's probably because they're holding off the release until late December/January.

I'd almost rather they let us pick the menu art though- because the cover art for BSG has always been fantastic, but the menus have been consistantly dreadful (2.5 was a bit of an improvement).

Comment

Well, the Region 2 edition of the complete Season 3 is out some time early next month.
                            The only extra is a 40min "story so far" recap of the last two seasons.

Which is why I'm holding out for the Region 1 version.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, the Region 2 edition of the complete Season 3 is out some time early next month.
                              The only extra is a 40min "story so far" recap of the last two seasons.

Which is why I'm holding out for the Region 1 version.
                              That's the ONLY extra on your release? Ouch..... The BSG DVDs have never had piles of extras on them, but that is ridiculous. Wise to hold out for R1- at least ours will have the webisodes on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                That's the ONLY extra on your release? Ouch..... The BSG DVDs have never had piles of extras on them, but that is ridiculous. Wise to hold out for R1- at least ours will have the webisodes on them.
                                Oh good. I was wondering if they did. Are they higher resolution versions then were on the website? (I hope?)

Comment

Working...
                                X