No announcement yet.

The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love MM she is the best actress on tv!!!! She was robbed by the emmys she is so graceful and classy! I'm in love with her LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWing
      Dude. How did I miss this?! (MM is like the love of my life!) *avoids odd looks*

>_> Uhh...sorry. But I do lurves her. *huggles thread*

We finally have one dedicated to her! And yes, she was sooo robbed of the Emmys this year. I'm still po'ed at those stupid voters.
      I've no idea, dear. How could you??? But eventually you're here *hugs*

welcome roslinrocks *waves*
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Hehe. I think everybody here is at least a little in love with her. *has a silly fangirly crush on her* Hee, can't help it. It is Mary after all.

I can't wait for the

Spoiler:
        Laura / Baltar showdown. ^.^ Dude, that's gonna be sweet. I hope we get some good angst stuff from her this season. *loves on the angst*

Know who I'd like to see more? Adar. Seriously. I want some more flashbacks! Doubt I'll get any though, that ship has sailed...>_<

I do not have the talent to make this sig. It was Elly! *gives cookie* You rock my socks. It be so pretty, pretty. ^_^

[Currently No Banner of Shameless Fanfic Advertising]

o_O

Comment

Thanks for all being so welcoming to me. I would like Adar flashbacks to. I just hope there is more A/R and they aren't going to be distance from each other i'm a little worried because of the Lee/Laura info.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWing
            Hehe. I think everybody here is at least a little in love with her. *has a silly fangirly crush on her* Hee, can't help it. It is Mary after all.

I can't wait for the

Spoiler:
            Laura / Baltar showdown. ^.^ Dude, that's gonna be sweet. I hope we get some good angst stuff from her this season. *loves on the angst*

Know who I'd like to see more? Adar. Seriously. I want some more flashbacks! Doubt I'll get any though, that ship has sailed...>_<
            a little? head over heels! *melts to fangirlish puddle*

Spoiler:
            every showdown with Laura on one side is going to be awesome! With a fantastic actress like Mary even the most boring script would be great. though I doubt there would be a boring script as long as RDM is on the helm
            Somehow Season 3 starts off for Laura similar like season 2, mmh? I mean she's put into jail again. I got this spoiler right, did I?

Well, I just can agree cos it would bring back Colm Feore XD and the flashback back to his realtionship with Laura was very interesting it showed a bit of another side of her. I'd be interested to see more of it

Comment

Yeah. I loved it. The Laura/Adar thing was seriously awesome. It gives the character a whole new face and much more depth. I love RDM and how he writes these characters. They're good and they're bad, and they're so incredibly deep, realistic, and human. (Especially Laura, the reason I started watching the show).

You can take all the characters both ways.

With Laura, you can either see her as a compassionate, strong-willed, intelligent, and independant leader or (with the Adar scenario) you could take her as a home-recking whore who slept her way to the top. It's so incredibly awesome.

*huggles Laura Roslin* Ha, she's so incredibly cool...and I'd totally go queer for her. Hehe. ^.^

I do not have the talent to make this sig. It was Elly! *gives cookie* You rock my socks. It be so pretty, pretty. ^_^

[Currently No Banner of Shameless Fanfic Advertising]

o_O

Comment

random laura thing

i made it for my lj , then struggled matching colours up so tinted it green in the end.

on the Laura/ Adar stuff

yah i loved the little bits we got on that , i mean it was clear from the mini what was going on , what was her line he was hard to say no to , something like that, anyway with that i was like ha she was sleeping with him, and then i think MM mentioned it a couple of times. And it surprisingly didnt bother me to much, i think i just love Laura so much that i let her have many get out of jail free cards with me , when ever she does anything that disappoints me it never takes away from how much i ador the character.

but back on the adar thing, i always change my mind on what sort of role she played in the relationship , i dont think iv ever seen her in the home wrecker sense. I can only think she would of been quite in charge in the relationship , i don’t think she would of let him walk over her.

you now what other relationship id like to of known more about wally and laura, they always seemed quite close , then he just disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by door
                  random laura thing

i made it for my lj , then struggled matching colours up so tinted it green in the end.
                  That is very beautiful! Is it your LJ header?

Mary McDonnell rocks.

'Nuff said

Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

thank you it is my lj header , well a slightly green version is my lj header .

Comment

thank you it is my lj header , well a slightly green version is my lj header .

Yes it is such a lovely photo of her. She seems to be very photogenic because I haven't seen bad pics of her, ever. And like someone else said somewhere, everyone on New Caprica looks crappy, except her, she looks healthy and vibrant!

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

"There's no Earth" - Laura Roslin

Comment

Originally posted by Nova65
                        Yes it is such a lovely photo of her. She seems to be very photogenic because I haven't seen bad pics of her, ever. And like someone else said somewhere, everyone on New Caprica looks crappy, except her, she looks healthy and vibrant!
                        yeah she makes making userpic ect ect REALLy easy , cause she's so pretty that you dont have to do anything else to make things look pretty!

the only thing i will say about those photos is that though they are beautiful , why must all scifi channel promo pics go OTT on the editing , i mean really there isnt a line on her face , and she looks beautiful still anyway theres no need for the editing!

Comment

random laura thing

Very lovely ^.^
                          Though i've a question what does the quote say? I can't make out the middle part. thx

You shut your mouth
                          How can you say I
                          I need to be loved
                          Just like everybody

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
                            Very lovely ^.^
                            Though i've a question what does the quote say? I can't make out the middle part. thx

You shut your mouth
                            How can you say I
                            I need to be loved
                            Just like everybody

oh its the chorus from the smiths , how soon is now

You shut your mouth
                            How can you say
                            I go about things the wrong way
                            I am Human and I need to be loved
                            Just like everybody else does

i was listening to it at the time and dicided i needed something else in it and they worked their way in there

Comment

You shut your mouth
                              How can you say

i was listening to it at the time and dicided i needed something else in it and they worked their way in there
                              thankyou, it's a great quote and very fitting. Like it very much ^-^

Comment

You shut your mouth
                                How can you say

One of the greatest songs ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X