The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
    Oh really?? I'll have to get a hold of that then! Thanks for the heads up!
    No problem. And it's not like the original 4 hour movie was long enough... Really, the extra stuff they added in didn't make it seem too long. It really added depth to the overall film.

Oh this is weird...yesterday I went to visit my grandmother and she was watching the film Blue Chips. It has...you guessed it...MM in it. She was watching it because it's about basketball (lately she's become a Bball junkie and it's freaky. I think she might be a Cylon after all) but I stayed and watched it for Mary. I think she's prettier now. Maybe it was just the weird '90s clothes and hair... Either way, she looked good and had a cute, if smallish, role.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe
      No problem. And it's not like the original 4 hour movie was long enough... Really, the extra stuff they added in didn't make it seem too long. It really added depth to the overall film.
      No way. Was the movie really that long?? It seriously doesn't seem like it! Well, I'm impressed that it managed to hold my attention

Lovebar made by natz099
      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
        No way. Was the movie really that long?? It seriously doesn't seem like it! Well, I'm impressed that it managed to hold my attention
        LOL! Actually, I think it was more like 3 hours in the theater. It felt longer to me, not because I was bored at all, but because the seats in movie theaters seem designed to make my knees hurt no matter how I sit. So I don't sit very well through movies. I even had a hard time sitting through the Lord of the Rings flicks, and I LOVE Tolkien.

I sound like an old woman... *hobbles off on cane*

Comment

Sad. Apparently MM was supposed to be at the Comic Con but didn't make it after all. At least EJO was still there...

Comment

These are no new photos...but I think they seem appropriate.

Adama pondering with the Fleet by his side and Laura standing up.
            Last edited by DOIKECARTER; 03 December 2006, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER

Nice pics! *pets them*

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER

*huggles pics*
                Thanks for posting them...

Comment

*is depressed* I need to see Dances With Wolves. >_< Damn. I think I'm just gonna buy it next time I get to the mall. Hehe. I know I'll like it, after all, it has MM in it!

Dude, on VH1, "I Love the 90's", they talked about Dances With Wolves. It was pretty darn funny. And she had her own little segment in it, someone was like, "Oh, and who can forget Mary McDonnell as Stands With a Fist?" And they showed some nice clips.

Argh, I want to see it so bad!

*sulks off*

I do not have the talent to make this sig. It was Elly! *gives cookie* You rock my socks. It be so pretty, pretty. ^_^

[Currently No Banner of Shameless Fanfic Advertising]

o_O

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWing
                    *is depressed* I need to see Dances With Wolves. >_< Damn. I think I'm just gonna buy it next time I get to the mall. Hehe. I know I'll like it, after all, it has MM in it!

Dude, on VH1, "I Love the 90's", they talked about Dances With Wolves. It was pretty darn funny. And she had her own little segment in it, someone was like, "Oh, and who can forget Mary McDonnell as Stands With a Fist?" And they showed some nice clips.

Argh, I want to see it so bad!

*sulks off*
                    *chants* Purchase, purchase!! I think you'll like it. It really does have some good acting in it, even out of Kevin Costner. Don't get me wrong--I love him, too. But he's not really the best actor in the world. IMO, anyway. And Mary's perfomance is superlative. She does an amazing job. Worth the purchase just for that alone. And the cool costumes.

Comment

I just watching Mumford

quote from Mary's character Althea: (taking off her jacket) "My God, is it just getting hot in here?"

*giggles*
                      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
                        I just watching Mumford

quote from Mary's character Althea: (taking off her jacket) "My God, is it just getting hot in here?"

*giggles*
                        I look for this movie everywhere I go that sells movies, but I can never find it. I wonder if there is enough Mary in it to warrant me buying it from Amazon, paying shipping, etc. Is her part great? I mean her roll, not her, I know SHE is great, but is her roll substantial enough?

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

"There's no Earth" - Laura Roslin

Comment

I mean her roll, not her, I know SHE is great, but is her roll substantial enough?
                          No, her role isn't that big, though she's great in it. As always. ^^

And here are some screencaps from Mumford cos I can

oh, and did I mention image-heavy and probably not dial-up friendly?!

Spoiler:

And she's barefoot, that really kills me every time
                          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
                            No, her role isn't that big, though she's great in it. As always. ^^

And here are some screencaps from Mumford cos I can

oh, and did I mention image-heavy and probably not dial-up friendly?!

Spoiler:

And she's barefoot, that really kills me every time
                            Wow, she really looks great! I always think she seems heavier on BSG, but then I think it is that ugly green suit she was wearing during the kiss that makes her look bigger.

Thanks for the screen caps....you are sooooooo awesome!.....so you don't think it is worth me buying it, or you do? I have the theatrical version of Dances With Wolves, but just based on comments made recently, I am buying the Extended Version for more scenes with MMD.

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

"There's no Earth" - Laura Roslin

Comment

*stares at pics*

Wow, she is really pretty. 0_0 Not like I didn't know that before, but I just thought I'd mention it again. ^_^

Pretty, pretty, so very pretty! *dances*

I really need to see more movies with her in it...

I do not have the talent to make this sig. It was Elly! *gives cookie* You rock my socks. It be so pretty, pretty. ^_^

[Currently No Banner of Shameless Fanfic Advertising]

o_O

Comment

i spent a good hour and a bit this morning arguing with my brother about roslin.

he's watching season 2, and he says he hates her! (gah!!)

...i wish i'd never introduced him to bsg when he says stuff like that.

still, he's just on LDYB now, and i think he's come round a bit... i'll work on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X