how cute is this ???

random behind the scenes season3 photo
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by door
      how cute is this ???

Spoiler:

OMG...great photo..where did you get it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
        OMG...great photo..where did you get it!!!
        just found it on lj i was bored so decided to have a ramble though all the random comms i never keep up with

Comment

how cute is this ???

Spoiler:

That is such a sweet pic Love it!

Comment

Hi. It´s (almost) October at last!.

I´ve just received my copy of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE OFFICIAL COMPANION SEASON 2....and Mary mcDonnell wrote the foreword!

Here it is:

"Really, when it comes down to it, if you´re lucky, your career as an actor has within it several projects along the way that bring you peace.
            When David Bassom asked me to write something for Battlestar Galactica: The Official Companion Season Two, T was getting ready to begin work on season three. I´d been noticing the subtle energetic shift as I opened back up to the character of Laura Roslin. Someone asked me "What happens to Laura when Mary is on hiatus?" I answered, "She´s resting." So I´d like to thank David for this delightful opportunity to reflect on Battlestar an in the process bring Laura out of her repose.
            I remember my first read of Ron Moore´s brilliant miniseries, Battlestar Galactica. I remember closing the script quietly, an laying it down gently on th dresser in my bedroom. I sat very still in an old white Queen Anne chair. The house was silent; I could hear a lawnmower or a leaf blower or a buzz saw or something, somewhere in the background.
            The feeling was one I have experienced four or five times in my career of twenty-five years. It was a kind of delicious mixture of excitement, fear and relief. The excitement rose from having been taken on a beautifully ariculated, suspenseful and emotionally satisying journey. The fear was a direct result of the dawning realization that I was going to have to actually do this project. And doing the project would mean leaving home and rearranging my cellular activity (or so it seemed) in order to respond to a completely different world, different set of circumstances and new group of intimates. The relief was by far the most gratifying. A rare sensation of peaceful wellbeing came over to me.
            Actors spend thier lives searching for worlds they can enter, searching for stories that require their parciular talents, their ideas, their idiosyncracies. We search for involvement in stories that contain relevance to our wourld, because built deeply into the core impulse of the actor is a strong, almos overwhelming need to connect with the people. Owing to reading the script of Battlestar that evening my life shifted in the silence and I entered a brazen, challenging and completely beguling new world. A world that, due to my great fortune, required me. For that moment, the actor´s search was over.
            Filming the miniseries coincided with the US invasion of Iraq. I remember coming back to my hotel room from the set and sitting up till early morning hours watching CNN. This was the beginning of an experience of an almost seamless synchronistic chronicling of our times. From the very beginning acting in Battlestar often felt more like a mission or a deployment (bar the star trailer-and you would have to kill me before I´d give it up-and the first class catering) than a career in the entertainment industry. For Laura in the miniseries, the overriding internal issue was the constant negotiation of her liberal impulses versus the realities of survival on a tribal level. It required from me, playing President Roslin, a deliberate surrender to the idea of the use of force as a way of acomplishing a greater good; a future.
            Reflecting on season one I experience a blur of intrigue and survival. Inside our lives on the ships it literally felt like we would crack. Every event contained within it it a sensation of ultimate and potentially irrevocable consequence. The environmentwas one of relentlessly high stakes that required precise action. Everything an actor wants or needs in order to play well was close to a hand, included an extraordinarily devoted and talented crew. It is something close to awe that I feel when I reflect on the keen interpretative and steadfast presence of Steve McNutt and his camera crew. They are the constant for the actors. They´ve been there for every moment of discovery, every difficulty, every instance of exposure. They have profoundly contributed to the most essential element of getting good work from actors: trust.
            The end of season one came so quickly the experience still felt new. Even the material was always changing and always surprising, it contained and uncanny logic. The President ending uo in jail seemed as reasonable and necesary as Laura taking the oath of office had in the miniseries.
            As opposed to the claustrophobic airless experience of season one, my image of season 2 is expansion. We encountered new ships, visited old worlds and finally settled for a moment on land. Laura faced difficult decisions requiring a ruthlessness so underdeveloped in me that I doubted it every step of the way (a special thanks to David Eick, who possesses a skillful and humorous way of convincing me of the necessity of the most dastardly deeds).
            By the end of season 2, we had indeed been through it all togheter. As a company we had succeded in achieving the highest of accolades that Broadcast Television awards, the Peabody. AFI honored Battlestar Galactica, acknowledging it as soaring "light years beyond the expectations of science fiction on television". And Time magazine named Battlestar the number one show on television.
            Now on set there is an air of confidence, familiarity and deeply felt grattitude among the hundreds involved. We have returned for season three intact with the blazing talents of Michael Rymer, Sergio, Ed (my dashing partner in crime), Jamie, Katee, James, Tricia, Grace, Michael, Aaron, Tahmoh, Alessandro, Kandyse, Nicki and all, Harvey, Glenne, Michelle, Gerald and the entire exceptional crew of Battlestar.
            Judging by the first Official Complanion, I have tremendous confidence in the quality of what wou are about to read. David Bassom and Titan Books understand and beautifully enhance the world of Battlestar Galactica. I hope you enjoy reading it and thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk about a project I so dearly love.
            Mary McDonnell, May 2006

And that´s all. I´ll try to post more Mary stuff later.

Comment

how cute is this ???

Spoiler:

So say we all! That photo was so cool!

Comment

OMG..hon your amazing!! Yay for posting that..must've taken you a while to type!!! You get green!!!!!
                I just recieved my season 2 companion last week too!!!

It took me till, yesterday to realize MM did the forward...LOL!!! *headesk*
                I'm such a ditz sometimes!!
                Thats what I get for not going through the whole book when I get it IMMEDIATLY!!!!!

Comment

OMG..hon your amazing!! Yay for posting that..must've taken you a while to type!!! You get green!!!!!
                  I just recieved my season 2 companion last week too!!!

It took me till, yesterday to realize MM did the forward...LOL!!! *headesk*
                  I'm such a ditz sometimes!!
                  Thats what I get for not going through the whole book when I get it IMMEDIATLY!!!!!
                  but you have it, don´t you? I thought it would be good to share her thoughts and I do love to read and check others updates, so this is my contribution.

6 days to the premiere and this month Laura Roslin-based novel should be out too! I can´t hardly wait

If anyone knows when I cand find the movie "CRAZY LIKE FOX", please let me know"

Comment

how cute is this ???

Spoiler:

Really really cute pic. Does anyone think this suggest Laura goes to the "fight club"?

By the way I'm loving the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
                      but you have it, don´t you? I thought it would be good to share her thoughts and I do love to read and check others updates, so this is my contribution.

6 days to the premiere and this month Laura Roslin-based novel should be out too! I can´t hardly wait

If anyone knows when I cand find the movie "CRAZY LIKE FOX", please let me know"
                      Yep I just got it too...but I missed the foreward somehow!! I still haven't read the whole book. I've been so busy w/ work!!

And yay for the laura centered novel!!! I already ordered mine!!! *happy dances*

And I will let you know when I hear about Crazy Like a Fox if you will do the same for me!!!! I'm STILL trying to find that movie or when its going to be released!!! *huffs* I want to see it SO bad!!!!

Great pic BTW!!!!

Comment

Yep I just got it too...but I missed the foreward somehow!! I still haven't read the whole book. I've been so busy w/ work!!

And yay for the laura centered novel!!! I already ordered mine!!! *happy dances*

And I will let you know when I hear about Crazy Like a Fox if you will do the same for me!!!! I'm STILL trying to find that movie or when its going to be released!!! *huffs* I want to see it SO bad!!!!

Great pic BTW!!!!
                        ASAP....I can´t believe there is simply no news about it.

This one is after receiving AFI award

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
                          ASAP....I can´t believe there is simply no news about it.

This one is after receiving AFI award
                          Me neither...it looks like such a GREAT movie...yet we've heard NOTHING!!!!

Oh well...I guess good things come to those who wait...

great pic!!!!

Comment

Awww...thank you so much for posting that foreword!!! Can't green you now...but I hope I won't forget to do it tomorrow
                            I have to admit...after many interviews I read from all the cast I have to admit that from all the actors I like Mary talking about BSG, her character etc. the most! So *yay* that she get the chance to do the foreword!!!
                            I'm considering getting that book too!!!

Laura centered book next week??? Cool... my mum said she got a message, that it could take 2-3 weeks... so I hope your date is more up to date

I really hope that "Crazy like a Fox" will be released on DVD! I REALLY want to watch it!

Pic from scifi.com, I finally found one with Laura on it (after hitting the 'refresh' button for like 50 times *g*):

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamon
                              DUDE!!! *Jumps up and down* That sounds so cool!

But I'm a brit... *Kicks uk*

Anyone feel like transcripting the ?interview? for a diehard fan???

*Throws out pic spam*
                              Spoiler:

Awwww...look at that smile!

*Begs on hands and knees*
                              Oooh, picspam! I love that first one. I've never seen it before. Love her dress. Love her smile. Whole thing is lovely.

I'd be happy to transcribe for you if caprica finds she is swamped with school work or something. I know y'all are back in class now *kicks school* and I seem to be relatively not-busy.

EDIT: I misread a post--thought caprica volunteered to post a transcript of Mary's Today interview. I see that I was wrong again! I will be happy to post a transcript, or PM one to you, whatever, to anyone who wants one.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                                Awww...thank you so much for posting that foreword!!! Can't green you now...but I hope I won't forget to do it tomorrow
                                I have to admit...after many interviews I read from all the cast I have to admit that from all the actors I like Mary talking about BSG, her character etc. the most! So *yay* that she get the chance to do the foreword!!!
                                I'm considering getting that book too!!!

Laura centered book next week??? Cool... my mum said she got a message, that it could take 2-3 weeks... so I hope your date is more up to date

I really hope that "Crazy like a Fox" will be released on DVD! I REALLY want to watch it!

Pic from scifi.com, I finally found one with Laura on it (after hitting the 'refresh' button for like 50 times *g*):
                                OooOOOooo Shiney pic!!!! Me likes!!!

And yep, I have teh release date for the Laura book, Sagittarius is Bleeding as October 3! I ordered 2 day delivery...so I should get it on the 5th *crosses fingers for prompt delivery*

Yep...I thinks its official...we ALL want Crazy Like A Fox!! I wonder what the hold up is?????

Comment

Working...
                                X