The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidhe
    Yes, I like Robert Redford, too. I forgot he was her co-star in Sneakers. If you see a place to get Two Small Voices, would you let me know, too? I'm dying to see it now. One of the people on my flist in live journal had a mood image from 2SV of Mary crying and it piqued my interest. As you know, MM is one of the only actresses whose crying gets me going, as well.
    I will tell you If you find it I hope you will tell me that too... I only hopw they'd ship it to Switzerland as well!

Yep... I definitely will hold ready a handkerchief if I ever watch that film!

Originally posted by k8tbug1
    Great pics from the Locket Dorka!! I saw the movie on DVD at Hallmark I think it was, here in town a few months ago...I think I'm gonna go back and get it now!!!

And yes I so agree, brown is definitly her color!
    Yep, it's from the Hallmark DVD series

Comment

Oh those caps are so great!! What is the movie about?

Lovebar made by natz099
      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
        Oh those caps are so great!! What is the movie about?
        Well it's about:
        Spoiler:
        A guy who just lost his mother to cancer. He "sacrificed" his dreams to take care of her. Shortly after she dies, he starts to work at a old peoples home (Where MM's character is the manager) and there he meets a Lady which never had the chance to get together with her love of her life... it happens that nearly the same story is starting to happen to him ... the rest I won't tell or it won't be interesting anymore to watch it
        I figured Mary's role is often just 3 words...and then she's turning around and leaves *lol* but at least she's in it for about 10-15 minutes or so

Comment

Awww you're mean! Thanks for the synopsis Why is it called The Locket?

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Awww you're mean! Thanks for the synopsis Why is it called The Locket?
            uh...yes sure...that I might should have really explained *lol*

Spoiler:
            Bc Vanessa Redgrave aka Ester got a locket with a picture and the "love of her life" from him

I guess it's a typical Hallmark-Movie-title...like the Rosamunde Pilcher films over here

Comment

Hehe awesome

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Hey guys maybe we should put together a list of the top mary movies to buy or rent.

Comment

Well, I've only seen Dances With Wolves (which is OMG so frakking good!!) and Independance Day so I wouldn't be that much help But my top pick would be DWW anyway I think Love that movie...

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Well, I've only seen Dances With Wolves (which is OMG so frakking good!!) and Independance Day so I wouldn't be that much help But my top pick would be DWW anyway I think Love that movie...
                    DWW (the extended version) is my top pick, hands down. But I honestly have to say that I really liked Evidence of Blood and Woman Undone a lot, too. I love EOB because I am addicted to a good mystery or courtroom drama, and WU was kind of a different role to see her in. And it was also partly a courtroom drama.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

I posted this already in the A/R thread, but thought it might be cool to post here, too. There is a novel sequel to Dances With Wolves called The Holy Road. It was published a couple years ago and is set 11 years after the end of DWW. From what I read of the blurb, it's not quite so John Dunbar/DWW-centric, so I'm hoping Stands With A Fist gets more time in it. Should be here by Tuesday! Yay!

Okay, so that wasn't really Mary or Laura-centric, but it's about a Mary character. That counts, right?

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal
                        Hey guys maybe we should put together a list of the top mary movies to buy or rent.
                        Hey I like that idea. Top on my list are:

Dances with Wolves
                        Independence Day

Comment

Hey I like that idea. Top on my list are:

Dances with Wolves
                          Independence Day
                          OMG, ID was so sad! I puffy heart sad, depressing sci-fi! I wish Mary's role had been bigger. Naturally. I think she and Bill Pullman made a cute couple. It would have been fun to see more of their family life.

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe
                            OMG, ID was so sad! I puffy heart sad, depressing sci-fi! I wish Mary's role had been bigger. Naturally. I think she and Bill Pullman made a cute couple. It would have been fun to see more of their family life.
                            I so agree!! I would have loved to have seen more of their family life!! Kinda like a pre-ID!!
                            But she was so great in that movie! And I loved her w/ Bill Pullman..what is it about guys named Bill????
                            *though he's no Bill Adama*

Comment

Well My toplist definitely:

- Evidence of Blood
                              - O Pioneer! (Can't help myself I LOVE theater )
                              and "For all Time"

Loved the films AND MM in it
                              Last edited by Dorka; 24 September 2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I so agree!! I would have loved to have seen more of their family life!! Kinda like a pre-ID!!
                                But she was so great in that movie! And I loved her w/ Bill Pullman..what is it about guys named Bill????
                                *though he's no Bill Adama*
                                True, true. No one can compare to Bill Adama!

Comment

Working...
                                X