Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fav: Giaus, Boomer (especially the Cylon), Number Six.

Ok: Starbuck, Adama, Roslin

I can't say I hate anyone yet. The Admiral is one of the best bad guys I've ever seen.
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Favourite - Apollo (Lee), because he reminds me of myself, and a lot of my friends (in the Air Force). Especially in 2-12, he showed he had even more character and morals than his father.

Least favourite - It was Baltar in Season 1 and early S2, but he his starting to grow on me now he is "turning good". Also didn't like Roslin in S1. But as for Season 2 - I don't know. Probably the Galactica XO. But they are all growing on me.

Comment

Most favourite: Adama, Tigh (I'm not sure why though, he's a ******* to the crew but there's something tragic about him)

Least favourite: No-one specifically, though sometimes I can't stand Apollo or Starbuck.

Comment

Favorite...Adama...I was a little sceptical at first when he was named but from minute one it was his role. Hands down better than the original...more depth. Least favorite...Billy serves no purpose. Zarak...why not a better actor than washed up former Apollo?? I guess to keep him from trying to do his own version of BG.

I didn't like Apollo at first but he has grown on me.

Comment

I have to say I'm starting to get a little tired of Gaius and the fact they've been building up his role for almost 2 seasons now and he's still not going anywhere and the six preaching and Gaius' drinking it up all the time gets a bit old.

Comment

i kind of like them all. some more, some less. the character i like most changes from episode to episode but most of the time it's either starbuck, tigh or the old man. or baltar. or sharon. or the chief and cally. dammit, can't decide

i think kat would be the only character i really dislike - don't get me wrong, she is well acted, kudos to luciana carro, but she happens to be the type of character i dislike in real life too. immature, loud and yobbish.

Originally posted by DarkOne
              Least favorite...Billy serves no purpose.
              disagree. he serves the role of making the viewers believe there is a real administration at work on the colonial one. downsized but fully operational and working. it has a spin doctor (which we don't see that often) and an aide (which we do see often, because he obviously does all the things grey doesn't do), and it has a president, who conveniently has a part-time job as messias

Zarak...why not a better actor than washed up former Apollo?? I guess to keep him from trying to do his own version of BG.
              lol probably. but i do actually like the zarek character. well acted, i say. a little declamatory at times, but hey, that's what all freedom fighters are like, right?

I didn't like Apollo at first but he has grown on me.
              ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
                i think kat would be the only character i really dislike - don't get me wrong, she is well acted, kudos to luciana carro, but she happens to be the type of character i dislike in real life too. immature, loud and yobbish.
                I agree. I don’t much care for Kat either. Didn’t really notice in season 1, but she’s starting to wear on me this season.

As far as everybody else....still love ‘em and still couldn’t name a favorite because I’d have to practically name everybody, even the people I’m supposed to hate like good ol’ Ellen Tigh . I even like PEGASUS
                Spoiler:
                Admiral Cain even though I hated her actions but her character was so damn interesting and well acted by MF. Her character spurred on some interesting discussion.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Favorite - Commander
                  Spoiler:
                  now Admiral
                  Adama
                  Least Favorite - Ellen Tigh
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think all of the characters are really well written and portrayed. They're all awesome!

My favourite is Starbuck. Katee Sackhoff is awesome!!!

My least favourite is Tigh.

Luce xxx

Comment

Doc Cottle's growing on me. Look up the word "curmudgeon" in the dictionary, and there he is. Besides, he kind of reminds me of my dad...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

My favorites are Helo and Starbuck. I also like Apollo. Heck, it's tough to name just a few even, all of them are great.

I'm not sure who my least favorite is, since I pretty much like them all. Even Cylon's like Leoben are pretty cool.

Comment

Baltar is probably the most interesting character, but I'll go out on a limb and pick Lt. Gaetta or Callie as my favorite.

As for least favorite: Ellen Tigh is the most annoying.
                          I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

My favorite character would be Starbuck, with Adama and Baltar close seconds. All of these characters have taken their roles so far beyond the actors who originally played these roles in TOS & made them their own.

Least favorite of course is Ellen, followed by Callie and Kat, both of who seem a bit one dimensional to me.

Comment

What??! No one's mentioned the Yeehaw Boys (AKA the Sunshine Boys)???
                              ...but now I know
                              That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                              Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                              And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
                              Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

I always find it hard to respond in threads like this, especially with shows that I like and actors that I truely beleive are doing an excellent job. I know I know, the question is not asking about the actors or there abilities themselves but somehow I am always worried that these actors characters were disscussing could see what I say about them and somehow be offended which I know is probably silly of me and something that comes with there job so will probably not even give a second thought. Either way if for whatever reason any of the actors did see my comments be assured I think your all excellent at your jobs and my comments are in no way relevant to your abilities in any way shape or form.

My Favourite Characters so far are:

Boomer: I really really like this character. Her PoV that comes across in the series, even though shes part of the Cylon Race (probably the wrong word I know) I can't help but feel very sympathetic for her, and in light of that somewhat sympathetic the the Cylons themselves. Don't get me wrong I could never condone the Extinction of a species like that especially my own. But it doesn't change the fact I have in the past question the human race myself. I most definatly can see where there coming from. Her Character more than any so far has said or at least looked to have asked many of the questions I've posed to myself about the human race. On a more superficial note it probably doesn't hurt that I've got a big time crush on Miss Parks herself.

Giaus: Another one of my faves. He embodies to me something thats very very human. Oh of course hes very self centered, shifty and looks out for number one only, but I see this behaviour in a lot of people I know and in myself at times also. He could be said to embody some of humanities worst traits, but saying that he also has shown or at least to me some of humanitys more noble ones too, especially in the more recent episodes. There's just something I really connect with his character on.

Starbuck: I'll be honest, though I wouldn't call myself a BSG the original series purist (I was far too young to really remeber it in depth) I do remeber, and remeber liking the original Starbuck. I remeber having resevations about the change in gender. It seemed odd to me when I heard about it, and I couldn't see it working out. I couldn't have been more wrong, and am really glad I'm not a purist who write the show off unfairly because of that. Starbucks character in this BSG incarnation is complex, and extremely well done, and to some extent has even captured and embodied a lot of the qualitys I liked of the original. I can safely say I am happy I was wrong in this instance. I do however feel bad, about some of the flak Katee S got from people who thought as I did at first. I may not of been vocal about my misgivings but I was silently thinking simular things. You can't really apologise for things like that, but given a chance I probably would.

Tyrol: Love this guy. He's your down to Earth Average human being I would say. People like Gaius and Adama are stuck at opposite ends of the human spectrum, where as Tryol I'd put in the middle. I think one of the qualitys that adhears him to many. people know people like him, or are him, or just plane feel comfortable with his character. Although saying that he has those moments which push him to the dark side of humanity or the lighter side like we all do. I just think he's a good middling force for the series.

Characters I'm not keen on:

Have to agree with almost eveyone one else. Col Tigh's wie irritates the hell out of me. Then again i hate persona's like her's in Real life. The manipulative coniving types. The ones the mold and make worse people of lesser character, i.e. Saul Tigh. I actually like Saul. He annoys me yes, but I';ve seen many a redeming quality in him. His Loyalty to Adama is one of them.

I'm also begining to dislike Apollo somewhat, and I'm not even 100% sure why. I can't put my finger on it but something about his character bugs me. It didn't become relavant until the past few episodes either. maybe its just a temporary thing *shrugs*

Thats just the main ones that stick out in my mind, but saying that the characters in this show are By far some of the best I've seen on TV, especially in a Sci-Fi show. All of them are extremely rich. I like all of them, and each single one of them seems to being something to the table of substance. Long may it continue, so say we all.
                                Abyss:

"Damn straight! I'd have busted you out, blown this rat hole to hell and made sure that sonofabitch suffered!"

"The Others would've stopped you."

"They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands."

"You wouldn't do that," Daniel tells him, shaking his head.

"Ba'al would be dead--"

"Jack--"

"And don't think I'd stop there!!"

"You're a better man than that," Daniel says calmly.

"That's where you're wrong!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X