X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite: Baltar

Like: Boomer, Leoben, Doral, Six, Starbuck, Adm. Cain

Neutral: Apollo, Adama, Dualla, Billy, Roslin, Helo

Hate: Tigh, Ellen, Cally, Tyrol, Deanna (sp?)

Haha, didn't I get exhaustive? I just naturally tend to gravitate towards the grey in things - including villains and traitors. All my life I've always been more interested in the people that have taken the wrong road in life (I HATE Superman but LOVE Batman kinda thing). Cally represents that exact quality of 'pureness' that I loathe. As for the others on my hate list, I just do, no reason, purely visceral.

Comment

I like them all.... especially the ones that make a big impact, but get so little credit... tyrol, helo, cally, kat.... but then again i am big fan of an apollo/starbuck relationship.

but i have a dislike for the characters that need to check themsleves into a nut house where they can talk to the padded walls.... Balter, (six and roslin; on certain days)

Comment

I hate Ellen Tigh. Adama said it right, she brings out the worst instincts.

I don't like Gaius Baltar. The ambivalence of the character, is he good or is he bad today?.. drives me nuts. That said, the character is very entertaining, I *do* love how James Callis portrays him so well, I've laughed my head off in certain scenes with Gaius. Like the one where Starbuck 'walks in on him and 6'. Oh my other issue with Gaius is.. how can a guy who is sooo bad at lying be good at poker, which is about bluffing, which is a form of lying?

My favorite characters are Starbuck and Apollo. Starbuck because she follows her gut instinct and can kick my butt and Apollo because he takes stands for things that he believes in, no matter who he goes against in the process. I think you have to respect that, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I love all the other characters, from Cally right on up to commander Adama. It amazes me that they give even 'minor' roles such personality, and I think it is part of the reason the show is so successful. Many times in a show, only the major part players have developed personalities. Not in this one, everyone does.
        ...but now I know
        That twenty centuries of stony sleep
        Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
        And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
        Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

Has anybody's opinion changed since viewing season 2?

Comment

Ah, but - the question remains, is there really a Cylon chip-thingie in Baltar's head, or is he a raving lunatic and Number Six is merely a figment of his imagination?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Favorite: Definitely Commander Adama, he just plays that role perfectly. He's a very strict commander but is willing to listen to others and compromise and actually cares about his crew.

Other mentions are Colonel Tigh, he's just a very dynamic character who is loyal to Adama and despite his faults really tries to do what's right while fighting his own inner demons. Tyrol and Cally are also worth mentioning, both very well portrayed support roles with unique and interesting personalities and are well fleshed out despite their limited roles in the series.

Least Favorite: Mrs. Tigh of course, I just hate her and her manipulative ways. Of course, I'm sure the intent of her character is to be hated to which point I can certainly say they succeeded.

Comment

Liking Cally a lot more now that she's got more to do in Season 2.

Especially after what she did to Galactica-Boomer in "The Farm".
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Boomer is still my favorite.....and glad she is the center of things....
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Love: Roslin, Cmdr Adama

Hate: Ellen (noticed most do)

I like all of the characters. There isn't many I don't like. They are all very well written in my opinion, as are most of the stories. But the two above are my absolute faves. Its a tie w/ those two. As for the one I hate, she's just annoying, but every show has to have one of those. I'm sure she has her purpose .

Comment

Fave: The old man Adama

Least Fave: Tigh
                      err, whoooooo?

Comment

I'm still liking Starbuck (probably due to a lust thing) and Adama, although I still think that the rest of the cast are superb and have some great attributes. There's nobody that I particularly dislike.
                        Last edited by Vip3r; 13 January 2006, 11:08 AM.

BSG75 Viper Squadron

Comment

I only dislike Tigh's wife. Doc Cottle annoys me too.

I wasn't a fan of alot of the cast when I first saw the miniseries. I thought Apollo, Roslin, Baltar, and the deck crew were the only good characters but upon reviewing it and watching the series twice through, I learned to like them all for both their strengths and flaws. And Starbuck, who I found the least attractive woman on the show in the beginning, is starting to look great. It had to be the boy hair she had

Cally being in it more and more is cool because I liked her in the mini and absolutely fell in love with her after she bit that guy's ear off. I'm hoping Seelix gets more screen time now since Socnicus (or however you spell it) died.

Comment

Love: Roslin, Adama, Starbuck

Like: Lee, Gaius, Tyrol, Tigh, Boomer, Cain

Neutral: Dee, Gaeta, Cally, Billy

Dislike: Helo, Six

Hate: Ellen

And I'm judging these characters based on how well they are portrayed and developed and whether or not they are interesting and add to the intrigue of the show. I'm *not* judging on whether or not I'd want to hang out with them because that would be a completely different list altogether!

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
                              Dislike: Helo, Six

And I'm judging these characters based on how well they are portrayed and developed and whether or not they are interesting and add to the intrigue of the show. I'm *not* judging on whether or not I'd want to hang out with them because that would be a completely different list altogether!
                              How is Six not intriguing?! What exactly is she and what is her plan with Gaius? And Helo is cool because he's the first to actually look at the Cylons as more than machines. Even after learning what she is, he still loves Sharon. Now that's interesting. Of course, that's just me.

Comment

Love: Adama, Doral, Leoben, Zarek, Col. Tigh

Like: Stinger (has some potential), Starbuck, Tyrol, Six, Galactica Boomer, Baltar (really grew on me these past couple of episodes), Helo

Neutral: Gaeta, Billy, D' anna, Roslin, Ellen Tigh

Dislike: Caprica Boomer, Cally

Hate: Dualla, Lee (Sorry but I just can't stand them, they annoy me and I think they are poorly acted)

Comment

Working...
                                X